Great game Matt Moyer | Syracusefan.com

Great game Matt Moyer

He was excellent. We lose without him.

His intensity is nice but could bite him in the ass, he is almost too excited after a good play and spazes out and doesn't run back right away.

He needs new shorts too.

We win if that scrub player who averages 2 POINTS PER GAME didn't have a CAREER GAME AGAINST US. UGHHHHH.

See how dumb that sounds?

Yes, it's dumb and annoying to hear every game.

Very happy for him. He earned JB's trust tonight. I hope he can build on this and stay aggressive on the offensive end.
and his extended minutes might just be out of sheer necessity going forward with Sidibe pretty much unavailable right now and Chukwu in perpetual foul trouble. yikes

Very awesome to see. Those putback dunks and his aggressiveness are what he can bring more consistently hopefully. Happy for the kid. We lose if he just did his normal thing.

I love this kid. I think he can help this year, be a third forward his soph season and start his jr season and average 15 pnts a game with 10 boards. He hustles his butt off and is an orange superfan.

Such an impressive performance, that game alone proves my doubts about him wrong. Loved that he seemed like a big fan of the program, but, just kind of thought he would never be a great player, just thought his ceiling was that of a good solid player - which is totally fine. If last night was any indication of what kind of player he can be, I was sooooooo wrong about him and really happy to be wrong. Every time I doubt this program I end up eating crow and - frankly - I love the taste.

Hopefully this is a breakout game for him and this will be his normal thing going forward.

I'll burst your bubble. Moyer is not going to average 18/8 the rest of the season. So no, this likely won't be a normal thing. If he can keep the energy up, tough defense, contribute 6-10 points on offense, limit the travels then yes that would be great moving forward.

The thing about Matt is he has the emotional "it" factor. When he gets going you can just see how well that impacts his game and it is energizing to watch. He really is the only guy with that element and having that piece is huge even if it's worth just 6/8 pts and 5 boards a game.

The other piece is that we need to be able to play through the aggressiveness of our forwards given we are playing two shooting guards 40 min a game. Going toe to toe with a bunch of smaller guards every game just isn't going to help the a/t figures on most nights.

The other piece is that if Moyer can keep this up in terms of being a solid contributor, we could legit have a small lineup when the opponent forces the need. His physicality brings the elements height does not, and his hops last night showed he can get a good ways above the rim.

I've been tough on moyer but I think we have to remember that he is technically a freshman...They all don't come out the gate like Oshae..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom