Great Pitino presser and Christmas praise. | Syracusefan.com

Great Pitino presser and Christmas praise.

He aged really quickly.

He does a lot of things really quickly.

upload_2015-2-19_11-22-42.jpeg

Also, anybody who whines about JB throwing players under the bus or being too harsh need to seriously get a grip. Just watch Don Pitino here in regards to a couple of his guys.

http://www.courier-journal.com/videos/sports/college/louisville/2015/02/18/23652423/
I hate how honest, if sometimes harsh, appraisal has become throwing a player under the bus. If coaches only use coachspeak during press conferences or interviews, people complain. When they call a spade a spade, people complain.

I hate how honest, if sometimes harsh, appraisal has become throwing a player under the bus. If coaches only use coachspeak during press conferences or interviews, people complain. When they call a spade a spade, people complain.
I don't really have a problem with coach speak - I don't think how well a coach handles a presser has much to do with how good a coach he is. It's one thing to honestly critique the player. But snark adds nothing and looks like a coach doesn't have his players' backs. Now, I haven't listened to the Pitino presser, so I can't say whether he gave fair criticism or was just sounding off on one of his players.

He's hardly a "clown" but he definitely aged for sure lately. His face looked a different color than the rest of him. Like some topical procedure gone wrong or something.
I think Russdiculous aged him.

I don't really have a problem with coach speak - I don't think how well a coach handles a presser has much to do with how good a coach he is. It's one thing to honestly critique the player. But snark adds nothing and looks like a coach doesn't have his players' backs. Now, I haven't listened to the Pitino presser, so I can't say whether he gave fair criticism or was just sounding off on one of his players.
I prefer a coach be open and honest during a press conference. I agree that having a sarcastically bad attitude is uncalled for, but I've seen people complain about a coach simply saying, "So and so played terribly tonight. We can't win with him playing the way he did." People will say that's throwing a kid under the bus when it's not. I didn't see the presser either, my comment is mostly about the reactions I've seen to some of JB's comments in the past. I've seen him cross the line from time to time, but I think he's mostly just brutally honest. Personally, I hate coach speak. I hate when anyone being interviewed speaks in cliches instead of giving insightful answers to questions. It belittles the questioner and the audience.

And just how is he a clown? Really dumb remark.

1. The whole restaurant incident. Clown.
2. Wears a white suit. Clown.
3. Criticized SU for leaving the Big East, only to do a complete 180 when LVille did the same thing. Clown.
4. Constantly stands on the court during play. Clown.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Captain Save-A-Pitino, but in my book he's a clown.

Last edited:
"Aww, these kids today, with their MTV and hippity-hoppity music on the interwebs..."

Seriously, though- these kids grow up being idolized in AAU and then expect to go to a major program and lolly-gag their way to success.
Some kids need a kick in the butt, not just a pat on the back. Both Pitino and JB among many other HC's, have done this a long, long time- and I defer to their judgment on how to handle it.
IMHO, many posters are too thin-skinned & quick to dump on the tough love being meted out. The world used to be alot less wimpy then it is nowadays. :rolleyes:

"Aww, these kids today, with their MTV and hippity-hoppity music on the interwebs..."

Seriously, though- these kids grow up being idolized in AAU and then expect to go to a major program and lolly-gag their way to success.
Some kids need a kick in the butt, not just a pat on the back. Both Pitino and JB among many other HC's, have done this a long, long time- and I defer to their judgment on how to handle it.
IMHO, many posters are too thin-skinned & quick to dump on the tough love being meted out. The world used to be alot less wimpy then it is nowadays. :rolleyes:

It's not ok for coaches to trash the players, that's what message boards are for...

1. The whole restaurant incident. Clown.
2. Wears a white suit. Clown.
3. Criticized SU for leaving the Big East, only to do a complete 180 when LVille did the same thing. Clown.
4. Constantly stands on the court during play. Clown.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Captain Save-A-Pitino, but in my book he's a clown.
He's a great coach, and I could care less about what's in your book . Now if he sat on the bench picking his nose, you'd probably eat that up.

I prefer a coach be open and honest during a press conference. I agree that having a sarcastically bad attitude is uncalled for, but I've seen people complain about a coach simply saying, "So and so played terribly tonight. We can't win with him playing the way he did." People will say that's throwing a kid under the bus when it's not. I didn't see the presser either, my comment is mostly about the reactions I've seen to some of JB's comments in the past. I've seen him cross the line from time to time, but I think he's mostly just brutally honest. Personally, I hate coach speak. I hate when anyone being interviewed speaks in cliches instead of giving insightful answers to questions. It belittles the questioner and the audience.
Fair enough, I'm OK with the quote you gave.

I hate the fact that Pitino stands on the court the whole game. Calhoun did the same thing.

A few years back it looked like Louisville and UConn were playing 6-on-6 during their games.

I hate the fact that Pitino stands on the court the whole game. Calhoun did the same thing.

A few years back it looked like Louisville and UConn were playing 6-on-6 during their games.

It's either not as noticeable with Rick to me or he isn't as obnoxious about it as Buzz or Dixon. They are the two worst when it comes to that IMO.

It's either not as noticeable with Rick to me or he isn't as obnoxious about it as Buzz or Dixon. They are the two worst when it comes to that IMO.

Not as obnoxious IMO but he is out there nearly as much. If I were a ref I'd tell these guys before the game. "Look I know you like to be on the court out of the coaches box but I'm not putting up with it. You get one warning when I see it and then its a bench T every time. It won't get you tossed but it will cost your team."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom