Great Pitino presser and Christmas praise. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Great Pitino presser and Christmas praise.

The next time we have an "orange out", I would bet Boeheim would not wear this...
dumb-and-dumber-orange-and-blue-tuxedos1.jpg

And I applaud him for that.

I wouldn't get too wound up about that kind of thing:

040803jbcuse0008jpg-8b262a58759d275c_medium.jpg

In 1990, I attended 3 weddings at the age of 22 while wearing a white suit (jacket bought at Chess King Penn Can Mall a few years earlier; multi-zippered white pants from who knows where). I grew up starkly blue collar around Onondaga/southern Oswego County, and didn't own proper blue/black suits at the time. No biggie.

But a weird charge emerged against me after the 3rd wedding - that I wore a Bart Simpson t-shirt ("I'm Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?") and blue Pac-Sun swim shorts from Chappell's New Domain to that wedding ceremony in Syracuse. The truth is that when we all went to Liverpool Country Club for the reception, it was over 95 inside (busted AC?), so I changed into more appropriate seasonal fare, I thought, before beginning my assault on the open bar.

I don't personally like Pitino. I hate how he "bends" the defensive rules [he was one of the first--now there are dozens of teams that emulate that defensive style and dare the officials to call fouls]. I also dislike him from the time he was the head coach of the Celtics. And I'll never "forgive" him for beating us for the national championship in 1996. So for me, that's what its about.

Definitely not "hate" -- more like disdain, but for sports reasons. Obviously, he's good friends with Boeheim, always been very complimentary about SU and his time here, his friendship with Jim, etc.

I do appreciate that he admitted last year (maybe the year before) that he fouls all game because he knows the refs won't call them. At least he let the refs know they suck and that's why he does what he do.

I like him overall.

It's either not as noticeable with Rick to me or he isn't as obnoxious about it as Buzz or Dixon. They are the two worst when it comes to that IMO.
None of those three have anything on the Master... Louis Carnesecca.

Of the current group, Buzz is the winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom