Greatest gsme in dome history | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Greatest gsme in dome history

Oh My God! What an incredible game. Was almost sick to my stomach the entire game. We got some outstanding play from all our boys!

CJ was the MAN!~ Ennis was ... well Ennis, waddaya expect from the best point guard ever~ And Grant was a freakin MONSTER!! And RaKeeM Christmas has arrived folks! He has become the player we've been hoping he would become.

Congrats to all my Syracuse Bros and Sis's!!!! We RULE BABY
My adraline ran out 3 min into overtime. I'm puddle-like.
CJ one for the ages.

that multicourt storming PITT game may have been more glorious..however the sheer level of play from both teams in the game tonight vaults it above that game for me. these teams were actually playing basketball..and what was really great was how they were employing vastly different, equally effective styles..and neither of the styles was Pitt football.

Gah i missed all but the last 45 seconds of reg + OT. aka i saw CJ make a free throw.. and that's it. will it be replayed on ESPN?

It will definitely be in rotation on ESPN Classic.

Great game, epic, couldn't chop the head off the Duke snake until the end but we finally did it.

Still like Sherm's last game against GTown better. Even 03 Pitt when the court was stormed 3 times.

Before we get our Duke haters coming on with every excuse or whatever I want to say and agree with the OP that this was the greatest game Ive seen at the Dome and I have been around a long time. My hat is off to the Duke Blue Devils. Thank you for bringing a great game to the Dome. My hat is off to Coach K. I dont look forward to playing you all at Cameron.

SU you are wonderful this year!!! This is the greatest clutch team I think that we have ever had ... Amazing!!

This is to certify the birth of “The Greatest Rivalry in NCAA Men’s Collegiate Basketball” weighing in with a score of 91-89 was born on the 1st day of February to Syracuse and Duke in the year of 2014…… YESSS!

Stephen Schramm @stephenschramm
Somewhere in Greensboro, in a room thick with cigar smoke, Swoff swirls the Johnnie Walker Black in his glass and laughs.

I agree with everything except, Swoff deserves Blue Label after this.

How you you do a highlight for the news in a game like this? You need to do it like NFL game of the Week.
What a game , Duke had a lot of guts, I seriously thought we would roll them.

It was a great, great game...

For my money, though - X 3 OT over Villanova for the BE Tournament Championship in 81 is/was still the best...
I was going to go with that one as well. This however is easily in the top 5 IMO.

I was going to go with that one as well. This however is easily in the top 5 IMO.
<-----sat courtside right about where the end of the SU bench was for that game. The bench configuration was a bit different then. Had season tickets but they weren't my regular seats in 108. There was a lottery system I think for how they lined up BET tickets. That was sweet. That was about 5 yrs before the Orange Pack link to better seating. Had to keep players from various teams from sitting there in between games when we would go to the concession. Only bad thing was all the major OT action in the game was at the other end. Only bad thing!

JB is the best coach (and he wasn't always) in the game of finding a hole and abusing it.

Yup. I bet Juli doesn't sleep a wink tonight. Match-up nightmare for her. No way she can stop Jim from getting right to the rim and punching it through.

[Now taking bets on how long this post lasts. Mods to delete stations in 3... 2... 1...]

This was a great game but the 86 win over #1 Gtown when Pearl hit a 15 foot game winner with less than 10 seconds to go was the best IMO. That game had everything! Patrick Ewing, oranges hitting the backboard and a last second game winner!
Our game vs PhiSlammaJamma (FF team previous year, Finalist the year we played them.) Olajuwan was a prodigy and Drexler was MJ and Dr J rolled into one.
Reminded me a lot of this game from a hype and quality standpoint. I remember Carl Eilenberg coming on the P after the game and saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, you have just witnessed a great College Basketball game"
And it was.

You guys must all be young? Georgetown in '90 when SU won in OT. The same game John Thompson was ejected and flipped off the crowd. This was a great one but that one was better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom