Greatest Jim Boeheim press comment of all time... | Syracusefan.com

Greatest Jim Boeheim press comment of all time...

Dave85

Living Legend
Jim Boeheim's comments remind me a lot of Yogi Berra quotes. Last year when we beat UNC Asheville the coach had a lot of sour grapes. Some of his quotes:

"I thought we had a cooling-off period," UNC Asheville coach Ed Biedenbach said to open his postgame press conference. "There's not enough time for cooling off for this one."

"I have all the respect for Jim Boeheim, their team being 31‑2. He's a fantastic coach. They deserve all the recognitions they've got this year. [UNC Asheville] was the better team tonight."

A press reporter asked Jim Boeheim what he thought about Biedenbach's comments.

"Of course Boeheim, never one to shy away from a war of words, didn't appreciate Biedenbach's insinuation that Syracuse didn't earn the win and perhaps had a little help from the men in stripes."

"That's why they make scoreboards," Boeheim said.

Possibly the greatest JB comment of all time!

"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." Yogi Berra

At HT of the Texas Final Four game, he is asked "With 3 fouls, what's your plan to rest Carmelo Anthony in the 2nd half?". JB: "He's going to get his rest now, at halftime".

LOL! That's a great one. 100 years from now I hope they have a JB memorial kiosk in the Melo center featuring highlight videos of JB press interviews!

Not even close:

I read your comment and then it got deleted! Wow, that was unexpected.

"Everything will be all right. You are in my hands. I am here to protect you." THX-1138-44

I read your comment and then it got deleted! Wow, that was unexpected.

"Everything will be all right. You are in my hands. I am here to protect you." THX-1138-44

I deleted it when I realized what was in the title.

Premature anything...

And the often applicable "He got 1 more rebound than a dead guy."

Is "Our FT defense was outstanding tonight." a JB original, or did he just reuse it?

Those are awesome quotes!

Jim Boeheim's comments remind me a lot of Yogi Berra quotes. Last year when we beat UNC Asheville the coach had a lot of sour grapes. Some of his quotes:

"I thought we had a cooling-off period," UNC Asheville coach Ed Biedenbach said to open his postgame press conference. "There's not enough time for cooling off for this one."

"I have all the respect for Jim Boeheim, their team being 31‑2. He's a fantastic coach. They deserve all the recognitions they've got this year. [UNC Asheville] was the better team tonight."

A press reporter asked Jim Boeheim what he thought about Biedenbach's comments.

"Of course Boeheim, never one to shy away from a war of words, didn't appreciate Biedenbach's insinuation that Syracuse didn't earn the win and perhaps had a little help from the men in stripes."

"That's why they make scoreboards," Boeheim said.

Possibly the greatest JB comment of all time!

"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." Yogi Berra

That was the game when all the people who don't know the rules complained about the refs correctly calling the violation on the FT shot. What a joke. It's never called because it never happens...but it happened, and they correctly called it! Too bad.

LOL! That's a great one. 100 years from now I hope they have a JB memorial kiosk in the Melo center featuring highlight videos of JB press interviews!
Beohiem will still be coaching , or at least his 2nd clone.

joct said:
At HT of the Texas Final Four game, he is asked "With 3 fouls, what's your plan to rest Carmelo Anthony in the 2nd half?". JB: "He's going to get his rest now, at halftime".
He's a genius. Had he sat him we'd have been too far behind. 33 and 15 right? Needed all of them

"I'll answer anybody's question but yours. Because you're an idiot. And really, a disloyal person. And a few other things I could but I'm not gonna go there."

It would be virtually impossible to write anything as entertaining as his off the cuff comments.

After the 87 team made the sweet 16, and Rony tried to 'Gatorade' JB. Coach's response (although I can't remember verbatim) was something like..

"Fortunately, Rony soaked me the same way he shoots free throws. He only got half of me."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom