Greetings from Cameron Indoor. .. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Greetings from Cameron Indoor. ..

money aside which is the better fan experience ? let's ask the students.

This looks amazing!!!! Wish I could be there!!!! Gotta give them credit, that is one hell of an atmosphere.

Man I never watch too much bball. But I already hate Duke

F Duke!

Reactions: MGP
Coach Shafer is in the house. Sitting on baseline right, at Duke basket.

CTO. What is the presentation they are having at half?

Where it is small, crowded, hot and LOUD. And it is still 31 minutes to game time.
Looking good behind the bench... LGO

/sarcasm on
How are the nosebleeds?

/sarcasm off.

:)

Actually the tickets I bought originally were in section 3 row p (last row in the rafters baseline duke bench), but when I got my ticket from the guy he gave me the section 6 ticket which was behind duke bench 6 rows from the top.
Cool seeing Jay Bilas and Dickie V climbing up the stairs to the "press box in the sky". That setup is crazy.

Here's my synopsis of the day:

My ears finished ringing allowing my headache to subside enough for me to author this post.

-Cameron Indoor Stadium is loud! Carrier dome is really loud as well but CIS is different, continuous loudness with frequent doses of "first row Metallica" cheering.

-Cameron Crazies are impressively coordinated. I love the eruption in applause with every good play Duke does, whether a made shot or strong D.

-CIS is small BUT, Many people over the years have commented to me "Why doesn't Duke update their basketball facility". Without ever being there I could only answer based on seeing games on TV. Now with firsthand experience, the answer is the same. It's the intimate atmosphere. You'd have to spend a lot of cash to replicate that one a larger scale. Without being there you just don't understand.

The game.

I like defensively heavy games. Both Ds played well. Cuse's shooting came out strong but in the first 10 min but then the Duke D clamped and held us to 29% the first half.

Second half was a bit looser. Syracuse shot 51%.

CJ's charge: I was sitting in section 6 ,so from that vantage point it looked like a block in real time. When I watch it on TV I can see a block, then charge from a different cam angle. So whatever, it is what it is.

Given that, JB's hissy fit really didn't bother me that much. Yeah it pretty much sealed the deal and yes there was the "chance" that the remaining 10 seconds (in the non tech foul scenario) could result in tie, I feel that the stars would really have to align for that to happen.
Comparison to the NCST game is silly. Their implosion started way before the inbound turnover. And Duke isn't NCST!!

So anyway. Something set JB off. I don't think it was the charge call in and of itself. I'm going with "taking one for the team". He's a smart guy and this is uncharted territory for him (the ejection in a real game)

As for his presser? That is 100% JB, snarky comments and all. The guy's been involved in basketball longer than the majority of us have been alive. He answers when and what questions he wants and slings the BS to the rest.

Last edited:
Im normally a football guy, but Ill watch the Orange roll over Duke tonight. On National Tv up here in North Bay.

My wife was born in North Bay. That's all I have to contribute to this thread.

Where it is small, crowded, hot and LOUD. And it is still 31 minutes to game time.

It looked like you were sitting on one of the Gatorade coolers.

It looked like you were sitting on one of the Gatorade coolers.
Funny you should mention it. I was actually SHARING a seat with that darned cooler. We tried to move it and put it on the floor, but security guys quickly returned it and said it had to stay there because it was part of a sponsorship agreement that it had to stay in sight of TV cameras. We got the last word, however, because we turned it so the logo would not be visible.

Now here is the CRAZIEST part: It was EMPTY. It was just an advertising prop. It had no other function.

you showed admirable restraint.

at home, i got up and walked to the tv to give a double bird like an idiot thinking they can see me. i'm pretty sure i would've gotten kicked out if i were there.

Funny you should mention it. I was actually SHARING a seat with that darned cooler. We tried to move it and put it on the floor, but security guys quickly returned it and said it had to stay there because it was part of a sponsorship agreement that it had to stay in sight of TV cameras. We got the last word, however, because we turned it so the logo would not be visible.

Now here is the CRAZIEST part: It was EMPTY. It was just an advertising prop. It had no other function.

Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom