Guerrier... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier...

My concern with him is he’s not always ready or anticipating passes. He made mistakes today but he actually executed a great pass to Edwards on the roll late in the game, I don’t think I’ve seen that play made in a long time. He battled today, but didn’t have too many opportunities to score.

Not saying he won't be good but people were saying he was our best recruit since melo and had he'd he play ball in the us he'd be a 5 star recruit. Perhaps some here overrated him.

Old man Boeheim can’t get through to the young guys anymore, that’s the bigger problem. He’s lost control of the program. I’d be surprised if Wildhack didn’t make a move before the Georgetown game.
OH my!! Are these your opinions or are you highlighting other comments from this board recently?

A coaching move may be considered at the end of the year, but I don't see it coming mid season.

OH my!! Are these your opinions or are you highlighting other comments from this board recently?

A coaching move may be considered at the end of the year, but I don't see it coming mid season.
he was joking

1575764139918.png

i didn't get to catch the game. looked to be a total beatdown. but as i just now looked thru the box score i wondered what happened to Q today ? only 12 minutes. foul trouble ?

i didn't get to catch the game. looked to be a total beatdown. but as i just now looked thru the box score i wondered what happened to Q today ? only 12 minutes. foul trouble ?

Im sorry for the trauma that seeing that score must’ve caused you.

His effort/energy on the boards changes how our offense and transition operates.
We scored 54pts...what transition game are you referring to? Dolezaj fuels transition because he gets the rebound and goes. Guerrier does not do that.

Also I have been calling for him to start and to move Hughes to the 1, which is a lineup we kinda saw today. Hughes was at the top of the zone few a couple of minutes in the 1st half with Girard so he was at the 2, but if Guerrier is not ready than that lineup doesn't work and we will continue to get beat up down low by more physical team.

This was the perfect game for Guerrier to show he is ready for more responsibility and he did not do that.

We scored 54pts...what transition game are you referring to? Dolezaj fuels transition because he gets the rebound and goes. Guerrier does not do that.

Also I have been calling for him to start and to move Hughes to the 1, which is a lineup we kinda saw today. Hughes was at the top of the zone few a couple of minutes in the 1st half with Girard so he was at the 2, but if Guerrier is not ready than that lineup doesn't work and we will continue to get beat up down low by more physical team.

This was the perfect game for Guerrier to show he is ready for more responsibility and he did not do that.
You're approaching Jambandjunky sentiments toward Andy Rautins territory.

Lost in the afterglow of a great win and a wonderful shooting performance from Hughes and Buddy was a horrible game by Guerrier. If he truly is our "hardest worker" I despise that phase, maybe he is pushing too hard.

0-3, 0pts, 2reb, 3TOs, and 5PFs in 12mins. gets glossed over in a win like the one we had today, but for me when a player plays that poorly when everything is going right for the team it indicates a bigger problem.

Hopefully he gets it going because we are going to need him to win games when we don't shoot lights out.
A bigger problem? Drugs, devil worship, male prostitution?
This could mean real trouble.

A bigger problem? Drugs, devil worship, male prostitution?
This could mean real trouble.
I regret that word usage because it has clearly become inflammatory, but all I'm saying is it may take him longer to develop than I or we may hope.

Giving our lack of depth we need Guerrier and/or Braswell to step up and play quality minutes for us to be successful.

Tough day for him by some of those fouls were unlucky. The play where HW threw a bad pass cross court in transition that got tipped with QG basically getting caught in the crossfire and then an offensive foul where he did a drop step and the dude flopped really put him in a bad spot.

Still, it was a poor game but that’s what you get with freshmen that aren’t studs right away.

G is solid. He isn't as athletic as advertised but he looks to be physical and a good rebounder. Unless something miraculous happens he will not make an NBA roster.

My concern with him is he’s not always ready or anticipating passes. He made mistakes today but he actually executed a great pass to Edwards on the roll late in the game, I don’t think I’ve seen that play made in a long time. He battled today, but didn’t have too many opportunities to score.
Such a pretty play though. Want to see that again and again and...

Some of us understood what you were getting at.

I regret that word usage because it has clearly become inflammatory, but all I'm saying is it may take him longer to develop than I or we may hope.

Giving our lack of depth we need Guerrier and/or Braswell to step up and play quality minutes for us to be successful.

But why use this one game to make that conclusion when his other games this year haven’t been particularly bad?

Looking at the game log, this and maybe the UVA game are the only bad games he’s had. Then it’s an equal split of middle-of-the-road performances and good performances. For example, the Ok St. game is probably logged in our memories as a bad one, but his per 40 numbers were 8pts, 12 boards, and 4 TOs with a couple blocks and steals. Good? No. Bad? No.

His rebounding numbers for the season are very strong. Shooting efficiency hasn’t been a big problem; he’s not shooting many 3’s. The turnovers are a touch high, but that’s typical for a freshman, especially in an often inept offense. And he’s recording blocks and steals with some consistency.

Maybe he’s not passing your eye test, but on paper he’s doing fine for a freshman. He’s not the stud we had all hoped for, but I think we already knew that a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
But why use this one game to make that conclusion when his other games this year haven’t been particularly bad?

Looking at the game log, this and maybe the UVA game are the only bad games he’s had. Then it’s an equal split of middle-of-the-road performances and good performances. The rebounding numbers are very strong. The shooting efficiency is not a problem. The turnovers are a touch high, but that’s typical for a freshman, especially in an often inept offense.

Maybe he’s not passing your eye test, but on paper he’s doing fine for a freshman. He’s not the stud we had all hoped for, but I think we already knew that a couple weeks ago.

I think he had been rebounding better and looking to score inside and not shoot too many 3s, but criticizing player after wins is better than piling on after loses IMO.

The truth of the matter is the criticism is bases on performance of the player and not the score of the game. What I would like to see is positive development of the player and I'm not seeing that.

For example the second offensive foul he had an easy pass for a dunk and didn't make it. We will player a lot of teams that a more physical than us and we will need him to play well and I don't believe it's a switch that you can just turn on and off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom