Guys! B-b-b-but... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Guys! B-b-b-but...

SUinNYC said:
Why is clown off limits? I don't understand why that word is such a hot button for some. To me, he has made our program a joke (again) as a head coach. So he's a clown. I'm sorry if that word offends you. You don't agree with me. I'm okay with that. I'm assuming we both want the same thing--which is a FB program to be proud of. Shafer doesn't seem capable of creating that. As for words, there are many other words I use to describe Shafer as well, unfortunately I can't use the only word I'd really like to--unemployed.

You don't get it. Clown assumes a lot of things. But his dedication to academics (just got honorable mention nationally) combined with a whole lot of other stories (John Raymon, Eskridge, etc.) - disqualifies him from that distinction. You should read up on him or watch his pre-BC presser.

Rag on him for his w-l record. Kill him for bad decisions. But I'll gladly stand up for the good he seems to be doing outside of the record. (I'm also NOT SUGGESTING that the good he is doing absolves him of his record and the consequences of another season like this one.)

He's a borderline clown right now. 4 wins next year and I'll call him a clown too. I'm young but this has been my most disappointing season as a Cuse fan. Injuries definitely contributed but I could barely watch the last 2 games without my eyes feeling like they were bleeding.

TheCusian said:
You don't get it. Clown assumes a lot of things. But his dedication to academics (just got honorable mention nationally) combined with a whole lot of other stories (John Raymon, Eskridge, etc.) - disqualifies him from that distinction. You should read up on him or watch his pre-BC presser. Rag on him for his w-l record. Kill him for bad decisions. But I'll gladly stand up for the good he seems to be doing outside of the record. (I'm also NOT SUGGESTING that the good he is doing absolves him of his record and the consequences of another season like this one.)
Haha. Outside of his record?? So good guy, but terrible football coach? Lord help us. 3-9 tells me what I need to know. We need to move on. Shafer is a loser.

Haha. Outside of his record?? So good guy, but terrible football coach? Lord help us. 3-9 tells me what I need to know. We need to move on. Shafer is a loser.

In his first two seasons at Va Tech, Frank Beamer went 2-9 and 3-8. What a loser.

SUinNYC said:

Your the one that started slinging insults. In not defending his record; I'm defending his character.

Frozen said:
In his first two seasons at Va Tech, Frank Beamer went 2-9 and 3-8. What a loser.
Beamer didn't inherit a team coming off multiple bowl wins.

TheCusian said:
Your the one that started slinging insults. In not defending his record; I'm defending his character.
That's your right. Just like it's mine to question it. He's a public figure. Comes with the territory.

This shouldn't be hard for you to understand people got upset because you decided to name call. If you don't like the head coach just bring up your reasons why. Their is no need to get into a 4th grade recess argument by calling someone a clown. My take on the coach/topic is this I think he will latch on as a P5 DC when his time is done at SU (guessing 2016 he gets let go). I don't think he is HC material for the record but he does seem to care about the players which is why I will always respect him and never call him names. Records and trophies are great but making your players better people is the biggest reward a coach gets.

SUinNYC said:
That's your right. Just like it's mine to question it. He's a public figure. Comes with the territory.

Sure is. Go for it. Makes you look like a clown, but fire away bro.

Sure is. Go for it. Makes you look like a clown, but fire away bro.
Haha. If questioning a coach with a .400 win percentage makes me a clown too, I'll happily apply that make-up. You've been seriously brainwashed, bro. I happen to not enjoy mediocrity.

SUinNYC said:
Haha. If questioning a coach with a .400 win percentage makes me a clown too, I'll happily apply that make-up. You've been seriously brainwashed, bro. I happen to not enjoy mediocrity.

Your reading comprehension is pretty low, I think. Where did I say his record was okay with me? That mediocrity is okay? This seasons record is not something I want to defend. But I'll defend his character. How much clearer do you need it?

Your reading comprehension is pretty low, I think. Where did I say his record was okay with me? That mediocrity is okay? This seasons record is not something I want to defend. But I'll defend his character. How much clearer do you need it?
I'd say it's all crystal clear. Now where is the column for "Head Coach Character" on here again?
25tdcuv.jpg

That avatar... wow, everybody out, the fire department just condemned this forum after that burn.

This would imply we needed to rebuild after Marrone.

That scares me, but I think it's essentially where we're at. Listen to Shafer's pre-BC press conference. All he talks about our this year's true freshmen (naming names) and next year's class (not naming names).

I can't wait for the rebuild that comes after this current rebuild. Home Depot should sponsor us directly.

Beamer didn't inherit a team coming off multiple bowl wins.
At that point in time, there weren't nearly as many bowl games as there are now. The SU bowl teams of 3 of the previous 4 seasons would not have made bowl games given the same bowl lineup.

Not a bad idea.

God...take your venom some place else. I get that you're unhappy, but there is a way of having a dissenting opinion without contaminating the board with your vitriol and tantrums. It's not like you're opinion will change anything. Reading your posts is like drinking acid. Why do you post the same stuff over and over? Thought we had a dead horse rule??

alphaorange said:
God...take your venom some place else. I get that you're unhappy, but there is a way of having a dissenting opinion without contaminating the board with your vitriol and tantrums. It's not like you're opinion will change anything. Reading your posts is like drinking acid. Why do you post the same stuff over and over? Thought we had a dead horse rule??
Dissenting opinion? You think those that want Shafer gone are in the minority? Boy, I hope our fan base is smarter than that.

Dissenting opinion? You think those that want Shafer gone are in the minority? Boy, I hope our fan base is smarter than that.

Your posts indicate the contrary. Nothing original, nor does the content contain anything to provoke intelligent discussion. Just wild, immature rhetoric.

alphaorange said:
Your posts indicate the contrary. Nothing original, nor does the content contain anything to provoke intelligent discussion. Just wild, immature rhetoric.
If you don't like my posts, you don't have to read them. I promise I won't make you. I do find it VERY interesting that I'm getting such a heated response from people who disagree with me. Like somehow they know I'm right. But are scared to admit it. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Millhouse said:
yeah, kinda

BS. Don't demean the work of the defensive staff and players. They played winning football.

SUinNYC said:
If you don't like my posts, you don't have to read them. I promise I won't make you. I do find it VERY interesting that I'm getting such a heated response from people who disagree with me. Like somehow they know I'm right. But are scared to admit it. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Reading. Comprehension.

People are not disagreeing with you on the w-l record for the most part. People are opposed the over the vitriol. We get it - you're upset. Take a number.

I'd say it's all crystal clear. Now where is the column for "Head Coach Character" on here again?
25tdcuv.jpg

Notice we were the only team in the league to play 4 teams in the top 25.

I am pretty sure I know who the clown is and it isn't Shafer.

CuseOnly said:
Notice we were the only team in the league to play 4 teams in the top 25. I am pretty sure I know who the clown is and it isn't Shafer.
So you're okay with 4 of the losses? What's the excuse for the other 5?