Ha...stories now saying Marrone not confirmed... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ha...stories now saying Marrone not confirmed...

I would be pretty disappointed in both Doug and the fans if this were true. There are crazy people in every town in every fan base (including Buffalo). I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to protect his family, but this is the profession he's chosen. The "fans" who went out of their way to make him unhappy need to crawl into a hole somewhere.

Remember a couple years ago when Leodis McKelvin fumbled a kickoff return that cost the Bills their season opener vs. the Pats and he had some message burned into his lawn by some crazy fan? Getting a little verbal harassment is child's play compared to what Doug and family could be facing elsewhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4476626

Any fan that goes after somebodies wife or kids has some serious issues and should seek consoling immediately. That's just taking it way too far.

Dave, I understand that and it's terrible.

However, this isn't exactly Tom Coughlin returning home. DM was another nameless, faceless NFL guy who played here long, long ago. Not sure how he would think the community at large understood the risk he was taking (or why should they care, times have been challenging for people with regular jobs)

We should also take into consideration, that by all accounts, DM has a pretty thin skin for any sort of criticism. He's done a lousy job handling the media, for one example, and there are numerous issues as far as former players not being welcomed either.

I'll miss him as HC but I hope his replacement does a better job on the external side of the job. It's a big component of it besides X's and O's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom