had a dream last night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

had a dream last night

I used to have the "college student's dream" about finals coming up and I haven't attended a class in a long time. Now that I'm retired, I have the "work is piling up and I haven't been to work in a long time" dream.

I do sometimes dream about being back to work. I tell people I have nightmares about it but no daydreams. Sometimes it morphs into an impression that I agreed to go back to work part time and I haven't bothered to show up in a while. It takes full consciousness to realize I've not worked a day since my retirement and that nobody expected me to, so it's OK.

Expectations weigh heavily on us and aren't easily discarded.

You couldn't pay me to go back to work.

Last edited:
Ah haha, this thread is amazing! I too have the miss classes for a while/semester then realize there's a test or final coming up and I have no idea where it is and I'm not prepared for it at all dream. I graduated 10 years ago, and I have it somewhat regularly, I wake up wondering why it makes me feel so weird and why I dream it all... I do in fact have my degree from Syracuse University.

That I was permanently banned from this board. When I tried to log in, it told me i was banned and that everyone was sick of me.

Was very confused why/how throughout my shower this morning. Not much else to say but am glad that I'm still here

You may say you are a dreamer, but you're not the only one. So, I wouldn't worry too much about the dream. But, you might want to worry about how long it took you to realize that you are still here. :cool:

I used to have the "college student's dream" about finals coming up and I haven't attended a class in a long time. Now that I'm retired, I have the "work is piling up and I haven't been to work in a long time" dream.

I do sometimes dream about being back to work. I tell people I have nightmares about it but no daydreams. Sometimes it morphs into an impression that I agreed to go back to work part time and I haven't bothered to show up in a while. It takes full consciousness to realize I've not worked a day since my retirement and that nobody expected me to, so it's OK.

Expectations weigh heavily on us and aren't easily discarded.

You couldn't pay me to go back to work.
Planning to retire next year - great to hear about happily retireds not missing work. I know I won't. 35-40 years of corporate politics is plenty thank you.

That I was permanently banned from this board. When I tried to log in, it told me i was banned and that everyone was sick of me.

Was very confused why/how throughout my shower this morning. Not much else to say but am glad that I'm still here

I have a recurring dream that I'm a rock star up on stage in front a packed arena, and getting ready to sing my first song when I realize I don't know the words or how to play guitar. All I say is "welcome Springton! whoooooo!!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom