Hafley leaving BC for NFL | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Hafley leaving BC for NFL

I kind of feel bad for him...he has to go up against Fran the Man and his merry band of hired guns for recruits. That is no easy task for sure.

I think we're going to be on diff paths recruiting wise. BOB has to build a ring fence around the ISL and land those prized guys immediately. Tons are leaving for ND/Michigan so that needs to be his local priority. In terms of nationally recruiting BC will gather from the national catholic preps as they usually do. BOB's biggest impact will be coaching and development. If he cna do that, they'll be formidable.

Absolutely. Some here have Syracuse derangement syndrome. It will be good full stop.
You were the guy saying Hafley would be gone to a B1G HC job in 2 years before he even coached a game?!

BOB has more of track record right off the bat and will be good at the coaching aspect. I question his ability to adjust to recruiting, NiL, and transfer portal stuff. We'll see. I don't think it's Syracuse derangement syndrome to have well reasoned questions about the areas that are unknown.

It sounds like a good hire for BC. I suspect he will struggle to recruit HS kids but should do well with transfers from the portal and I suspect he will get a bunch of the kids form the NE prep schools.

It will be interesting to see who he gets for his staff. I think it will be a challenge at this late date.

The ACC needs as many strong programs as possible. Hope this helps position the league better for the future.

I think there are enough players in the NE to supply Syracuse and BC with what they need to be successful.

It sounds like a good hire for BC. I suspect he will struggle to recruit HS kids but should do well with transfers from the portal and I suspect he will get a bunch of the kids form the NE prep schools.

It will be interesting to see who he gets for his staff. I think it will be a challenge at this late date.

The ACC needs as many strong programs as possible. Hope this helps position the league better for the future.

I think there are enough players in the NE to supply Syracuse and BC with what they need to be successful.
The best thing for Syracuse and the ACC, would be for BC, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Miami, and Virginia Tech to get back to where we were in the Big East.
Those schools would attract recruits and TV eyeballs.
None of those 5 schools have been relevant lately.

The North Carolina schools are not relevant in football, and never have been.
They are considered basketball schools and always will be.

You were the guy saying Hafley would be gone to a B1G HC job in 2 years before he even coached a game?!

BOB has more of track record right off the bat and will be good at the coaching aspect. I question his ability to adjust to recruiting, NiL, and transfer portal stuff. We'll see. I don't think it's Syracuse derangement syndrome to have well reasoned questions about the areas that are unknown.
he left for an NFL job. I was wrong. He went to a better opportunity.

it is syracuse derangement thinking that BOB is a bad hire. we hired a guy who's never been a coordinator. I'm on the fran train but that's a massive gamble and i'm happy we took it. it's rolling the dice.

BOB is a fantastic hire. I think Hafley did a better job than Dino last year with less talent. He wasn't a great HC but they played hard after starting atrociously.

I wonder how much of a buyout BC had to pay OSU

I wonder how much of a buyout BC had to pay OSU
They can use the money to pay for Chip Kelly's buyout...$1.5M.

"Kelly would have to pay the school $3 million if he were to leave before the end of the 2023 season and $1.5 million before the end of the 2024 or 2025 seasons."

This guy will be gone in less than two years. He will either jump back into the Pros or jump programs once he experiences the differences between Pro Ball and Penn State verse BC. And yes Penn State can burn in hell, I am just talking budgets, full stadiums, etc.

This guy will be gone in less than two years. He will either jump back into the Pros or jump programs once he experiences the differences between Pro Ball and Penn State verse BC. And yes Penn State can burn in hell, I am just talking budgets, full stadiums, etc.
Unless he gets an NFL OC shot (and let's be honest, after last season that's VERY doubtful) I can't really see him leaving BC unless they fire him.

1. Expectations are on the floor (5-7 to 7-5 probably keeps him employed)
2. Patriots connections will win him a lot of grace with BC fans
3. It's a hometown gig, and he's at an age where he probably just wants to be settled.

I kind of feel bad for him...he has to go up against Fran the Man and his merry band of hired guns for recruits. That is no easy task for sure.

I don't. He's a 54 year old guy who grew up in New England. Gets to stay there with a job that will probably pay him about $20M over 5 years at a minimum, and if he goes 6-6, it's considered a success.

I bet he's the happiest football coach alive right now.

Unless he gets an NFL OC shot (and let's be honest, after last season that's VERY doubtful) I can't really see him leaving BC unless they fire him.

1. Expectations are on the floor (5-7 to 7-5 probably keeps him employed)
2. Patriots connections will win him a lot of grace with BC fans
3. It's a hometown gig, and he's at an age where he probably just wants to be settled.
Certainly possible. BC will be an entirely diminished experience compared to where he has been though and that is no small thing. In addition recruiting/portal are night and day since he last swam in those waters in 2013. His one year at Bama 21/22 was recruiting gold for him as Saban crushes recruiting. Again maybe you are right but I think It won't take long for reality to hit.

I don't. He's a 54 year old guy who grew up in New England. Gets to stay there with a job that will probably pay him about $20M over 5 years at a minimum, and if he goes 6-6, it's considered a success.

I bet he's the happiest football coach alive right now.
and don't forget he gets to coach in front of all those Super Fans

he left for an NFL job. I was wrong. He went to a better opportunity.

it is syracuse derangement thinking that BOB is a bad hire. we hired a guy who's never been a coordinator. I'm on the fran train but that's a massive gamble and i'm happy we took it. it's rolling the dice.

BOB is a fantastic hire. I think Hafley did a better job than Dino last year with less talent. He wasn't a great HC but they played hard after starting atrociously.
I most definitely did not say he was a bad hire lol

Hafley left because he knew he almost got fired last year. His trajectory was not getting better. He’s a coordinator. NFL will be good for him. Dino was a dead man once he wasn’t getting to 7 wins and probably contacted his agent the second Shrader got hurt

I most definitely did not say he was a bad hire lol

Hafley left because he knew he almost got fired last year. His trajectory was not getting better. He’s a coordinator. NFL will be good for him. Dino was a dead man once he wasn’t getting to 7 wins and probably contacted his agent the second Shrader got hurt
We can agree the BC game is compelling now w the new HC. One who is completely new to being HC and the other is seasoned. Let’s rival the rivalry now. Need a trophy for the bc game as I’ve said ad nauseum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom