Hafley leaving BC for NFL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hafley leaving BC for NFL

What possible is Chesney buyout

That’s a simple fix and would be a winner
I vaguely recall that his financial package, while not Holy Cross was not close to P4 levels so the buyout might not be onerous.

I vaguely recall that his financial package, while not Holy Cross was not close to P4 levels so the buyout might not be onerous.
Would it be the bulk of his contract though? Doesn’t it decrease every year and since he hasn’t coached a game, probably at its peak right now.

I wonder if BC told him he would need 7 or 8 wins next season to keep his job and this is his response.
Pretty sure I read he had enough of the college game…which I don’t blame him.

He said something to the effect of he loves coaching but college is not all about NIL, recruiting your own players every year, fundraising, etc…

Google says he was making $3mm. Big pay cut. He must have really wanted out.

I get him wanting to leave but why would an NFL team take a risk like that? No NFL since 2018 and very little DC.

Would it be the bulk of his contract though? Doesn’t it decrease every year and since he hasn’t coached a game, probably at its peak right now.
Probably

BC just needs to keep it in house and promote from within now.

Fran has some fortuitous timing hammering the Connecticut and Massachusetts prep programs recently

Are NFL coordinators making a lot more than the prior average? They must with what top ones command in college even. I assume he’s getting 2M and getting a longer term contract. And doesn’t have to deal with all of the headaches of running a program. But still a pay cut.

Ultimate gut punch for BC. Couldn’t happen to a nicer group of super fans.

They have a couple of interesting 2024 OL prospects, one from Newark and the other from CT like I previously mentioned. Be interesting to see if we make a move.

In the world we’re in….why doesn’t Chesney take the BC gig? If it’s free agency - mind changing money chasing free for all for players, coaches should get a hall pass now.
Yes. I was thinking I would never do that. But I once did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom