Happy for Uconn | Syracusefan.com

Happy for Uconn

nyucuse

2nd String
Those guys came two games closer to .500. I have no doubt that with pluck, grit and determination, they will achieve that goal next year. One in the last four would definitely be heading in the right direction and with the momentum I see, I would not be surprised to see them achieve .500 two, or if things break just right, three out of the next four seasons. The AAC is improving by the year and they have a real shot at the top half of that conference, I would venture to guess, at least half the time going forward.

And losing by only 40 to Houston is rather commendable. That is a bonafide NBA squad. Certainly nothing to scoff at. Dan Hurley will undoubtedly get that down to 25, maybe 20 if their shots fall next year.

Well done team. Happy for you all.

And they beat Syracuse so this only looks worse on the Orange
it has almost no bearing on how SU looks or doesn't look. Anyone knowledgeable about basketball will look at the body of the entire season, not one game very early in the season. Syracuse is a markedly better team this year than UCONN, is in a much better conference than UCONN and has a better future than UCONN. Present and Future > Past

Last edited:
Those guys came two games closer to .500. I have no doubt that with pluck, grit and determination, they will achieve that goal next year. One in the last four would definitely be heading in the right direction and with the momentum I see, I would not be surprised to see them achieve .500 two, or if things break just right, three out of the next four seasons. The AAC is improving by the year and they have a real shot at the top half of that conference, I would venture to guess, at least half the time going forward.

And losing by only 40 to Houston is rather commendable. That is a bonafide NBA squad. Certainly nothing to scoff at. Dan Hurley will undoubtedly get that down to 25, maybe 20 if their shots fall next year.

Well done team. Happy for you all.

Yes great accomplishment for those sewer dwellers. Houston players were laughing at them as they had some long haired walk on named sunshine scoring late. Hurley really improved that squad. 3 straight losing season of absolute irrelevancy.

Cuse!

And they beat Syracuse so this only looks worse on the Orange
image.jpg

Losing to them was lousy. But like we said at the time, the season takes care of itself.

Nope. No one cares. We are in the tourney and lost to a scrappy mid major in what amounts to their Super Bowl, in December. Irrelevant now.
True. It still burns that we lost to such a crap team though. I hate losing to former rivals that have no business being on the same floor as us.

I will begrudgingly congratulate them on a great season as well. They bested us, and have had our number of late, but I'm sure it's just as upsetting to them as it is to us. As a result, it's just good to see them having such an amazing season come to a phenomenal close. It's really about laying a foundation - you don't just go from multiple NCs, the Big East, etc...to becoming an embarrassingly awful program overnight.

It's a process.

It takes leadership.

It takes drive.

It takes a coach uniquely equipped to suck.

I feel bad they we were a speed bump in that road...but mistakes happen.

At the end of the day, they've laid the groundwork to suck, and they're on that path - and at a speed I didn't even expect.

At the moment they may be a pedestrian program, putting up pedestrian stats, and pedestrian won/loss records, but they've established that with some luck, and some more hard work from the ever-affable and entertaining Coach Hurley, they can definitely be not only the worst program in the AEC (what conference are they in?), not just the worst program in CT, but maybe the worst program in the Northeast!!!!

Congrats on your season, Huskers!

*Edit: Huskies...they're the Huskies. I forgot. :(

I wonder if the Akok twins are feeling a little concerned about their decision given the puppies limp finish.

Nope. No one cares. We are in the tourney and lost to a scrappy mid major in what amounts to their Super Bowl, in December. Irrelevant now.
enough of this nonsense. That loss is only salvaged because our team improved enough over the course of the season to make the postseason. The fact is we still lost to them and it’s embarrassing. We all should care because it was a disgrace. It’s a stain against god that every year we either lose or barely squeak by them. Calling it their super bowl is stupid. We just flat out stunk against them. That’s on us. If we continue to schedule them we need to murder them and make them see no point in extending the series.

enough of this nonsense. That loss is only salvaged because our team improved enough over the course of the season to make the postseason. The fact is we still lost to them and it’s embarrassing. We all should care because it was a disgrace. It’s a stain against god that every year we either lose or barely squeak by them. Calling it their super bowl is stupid. We just flat out stunk against them. That’s on us. If we continue to schedule them we need to murder them and make them see no point in extending the series.
“Bug on the windshield” game if ever there was one. Other than for bragging rights and as an afterthought, that game meant nothing to us & has now become as irrelevant as their program.
If we’d missed the Dance because of the loss, then you’d be right. But right now, let the mid-major mutts revel in their “win”...we’ll cry all the way to the 1st Round.

This team has won 4 national titles in the past 20 years and has yet somehow managed to become totally irrelevant in the national eye. Nobody cares that they win, lose, or any of their drama. Nobody asks why has this program fell apart. When a program of former prominence struggles, that struggle is usually a story. But not UConn. Have you seen any articles asking what happened to UConn? Nope, because people on the national stage would have had to care about UConn at some point. And they never did.

They were a nuisance to national networks when they won. Networks couldn't be happier about their current state because they don't have to deal with them at all.

Ask casual sports fans to name 10 college basketball programs and none of them will name UConn. There was no team that won multiple national titles that captured less attention than UConn. Gone, forgotten.

15 years from now, when kids start to get interested in the game, and when they look at a list of past national champions they will ask -- Who are they? And what they might well find is a team in the A-10 or America East.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom