Harbaugh hires father of top football QB recruit | Syracusefan.com

Harbaugh hires father of top football QB recruit

I think I just saw the NCAA is considering a rule that would not allow anyone who coached a recruit to take a job at the same school for a minimum of two years after high school graduation.

yea, and that coach's player/son is over 2 years away from CFB

Last edited:
The Belichick of NCAA Football... I don't blame him one bit for using the rules to his advantage... It's not like he hired someone with zero experience... It's obvious why it happened, and it probably only lasts a year, but kudos to him for using resources to better his position.

He's singlehandedly ruining college football with the way he bends and disregards the rules, even if some of them are unwritten. How shady can he get?

Duke brought in Trajon Lagndon's father from Alaska to teach a class in Trajon's senior year.
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

He's singlehandedly ruining college football with the way he bends and disregards the rules, even if some of them are unwritten. How shady can he get?

If this were on the basketball board, you could substitute Calipari for Harbaugh, make the same observation, and ask the same question.

It's been going on for a while, sure. Harbaugh is just far more obvious about it.

I think I just saw the NCAA is considering a rule that would not allow anyone who coached a recruit to take a job at the same school for a minimum of two years after high school graduation.

That would be a horrible rule. While i understand it can limit collusion for recruits, it also penalizes coaches who have had good players play for them. It makes me think of St. Thomas Aquinas. They typically have multiple Div 1 talents on their roster. So effectively their coach could have anywhere from 10-20 teams per year that he could not go and have any type of coaching job? I dont like it.

"The elder Johnson has an extensive coaching background in both the NFL and college ranks. He was the 49ers' offensive coordinator in 2010, the year before Harbaugh’s arrival there. Johnson also was an assistant at UCLA before taking over at The King’s Academy, where he spent the last three seasons." atlas this is a guy who in many other cases could reasonably expect to be hired by Michigan. this isn't even his best job to date.

That would be a horrible rule. While i understand it can limit collusion for recruits, it also penalizes coaches who have had good players play for them. It makes me think of St. Thomas Aquinas. They typically have multiple Div 1 talents on their roster. So effectively their coach could have anywhere from 10-20 teams per year that he could not go and have any type of coaching job? I dont like it.
Shouldn't have to worry about Harriott going to college coaching, he played that game once.

I think the proposed rule specifies non-coaching positions.

Don't you know his role model is John Calipari.

LOL...the father was OC the year for San Francisco before Harbaugh shows up and doesn't retain him back then,but it is so clear today why he needs him now...ASAP

If we ever get Michigan to come to the dome that'll be the game I'd streak past the 50 yard line when we put it away before the half.

Cuse 48
Khaki'd asshats 9

Didn't Danny Manning's father get hired as an assistant at Kansas, too?

Isiah Whitehead's HS coach was hired as an assistant at Seton Hall. Whitehead went pro and he no longer works there. Happens a lot across every college sport. Doesn't make it ethical but tough to put hardened rules around these types of situations.

Isiah Whitehead's HS coach was hired as an assistant at Seton Hall. Whitehead went pro and he no longer works there. Happens a lot across every college sport. Doesn't make it ethical but tough to put hardened rules around these types of situations.

In a similar situation, Mario Chalmers dad flew the coop from Kansas as their director of basketball operations as soon as Mario left also.