Hardaway: "If the zone was unbeatable they'd be 39-0" | Syracusefan.com

Hardaway: "If the zone was unbeatable they'd be 39-0"

Young team - coach who is much less experienced in this environment... bring em on..

Hardaway put up brick after brick when we played them two years ago.

Hope he does it again.

I wonder about what kind of respect for the zone gets passed down from famous NBA dads to their kids. NBA guys tend to think it's a junk defense (see Barkley and Kenny). I wonder what Hardaway and Robinson are sharing with their kids...

he's right though

Not really. The zone hasn't lost us any games, our lack of shooting from the floor and/or the free throw line has.

Temple = Missed free throws
Nova = Missed free throws
Pitt = poor shooting
UConn = poor shooting
Gtown = poor shooting
Marquette = refs
Lville = poor shooting
Gtown = poor shooting
Lville = no legs in the 2nd half

Now obviously those poor shooting games can be attributed to the defenses we played against but Michigan doesn't play defense like any of those teams.

Round 1 of Hardaway Jr vs the zone = 3-12 (1-8) shooting

The Zone let us down in the UConn game.

UConn was creating easy uncontested looks at 3s the entire second half... Many people after that game said it was simply a matter of UConn hitting their 3's and Syracuse missing them... but really it was much more than that - it was about UConn consistently creating clean looks and forcing us to take contested shots.

But at the end of the day we are playing great now, and well .

ehh the Uconn game meant 10x more to them than it did to us. We are playing like every game is the most important since the BET ( which they all have been)

he's right though
Of course. I have no problem with him saying that. As you said, he's right. Syracuse is beatable. The zone is beatable. Michigan is beatable.

ehh the Uconn game meant 10x more to them than it did to us. We are playing like every game is the most important since the BET ( which they all have been)

I don't disagree. Y

Such a ignorant comment from a kid playing off the hype.

We have gelled, Michigan gelled back in dec.
If Hardaway is so good then how come Michigan loss 6 of their last 12 big 10 games and should have lost to kansas. Kansas really blew it at the end. Outside florida who matched up with them badly they haven't looked all that good in march.

People just want to hype michigan, but in the end its our players who will have a bigger impact deciding then them.

I love how all these media experts keep bringing up SU's loss at Gtown and only scoring 39 points (like that's supposed to show we aren't really good) but none of them bring up Michigan's loss to a Penn St. team that's a complete joke.

The zone still relies on players, sometimes players have lazy nights. It sucks when it happens, but it happens over the course of the season.

Michigan won't be seeing that version of the zone.

And they won't be seeing the offense that Georgetown saw.

Whatever makes them sleep though...

The zone still relies on players, sometimes players have lazy nights. It sucks when it happens, but it happens over the course of the season.

Michigan won't be seeing that version of the zone.

And they won't be seeing the offense that Georgetown saw.

Whatever makes them sleep though...
More to the point, the SU offense won't see the defense Gtown played that day.

oh boy
His statement is a blatant display of the failure to comprehend the essential nature of "The ZONE" .
He is inferring that the zone is static, and is the same entity over the course of the entire season. WRONG, WRONG,WRONG. The "ZoNe" is an amorphous ever evolving Juggernaut that works toward perfecting itself over the course of the season.

The "ZoNe" takes on characteristics which baffles the previously effective offensive schemes of the opposition. The "ZoNe" is the insidious Boeheimian mechanism that pervades the focus of the soon to be vanquished and plants the seeds of frustration and doubt which bloom into full scale confusion while transforming formerly overconfident teams into groups of disheveled soft spoken interviewees in the losing team's locker room.

Honestly guys, I just heard him say that on TV and it didn't nearly come off as cocky or arrogant.

That being said F Hardaway and F Michigan.

Outside florida who matched up with them badly they haven't looked all that good in march

So putting a beatdown on VCU wasn't that impressive?

Lol, this thread is hilarious. What's Hardaway gonna say, we have no chance to win, their zone is untouchable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom