Harper is Auburns Flynn | Syracusefan.com

Harper is Auburns Flynn

Good shooter too.

One thing we have to have going forward is our 1’s, 2’s, and 3’s have to be able to be BOTH pure shooters AND attackers of the rim.

No more of one or the other. HAVE to be able to do both or we aren’t going anywhere.

Good shooter too.

One thing we have to have going forward is our 1’s, 2’s, and 3’s have to be able to be BOTH pure shooters AND attackers of the rim.

No more of one or the other. HAVE to be able to do both or we aren’t going anywhere.

Hell, I'd be happy with the 1s and 2s being able to shoot and attack the rim.

Hell, I'd be happy with the 1s and 2s being able to shoot and attack the rim.
Frank could shoot the 3 but couldn’t attack.

Tyus could attack but couldn’t shoot the 3.

That’s just not good enough.

That’s why I’m really rooting for a backcourt of JG3 and Goodine. I think that gives us our best shot at guys who are excellent at both.

Frank could shoot the 3 but couldn’t attack.

Tyus could attack but couldn’t shoot the 3.

That’s just not good enough.

That’s why I’m really rooting for a backcourt of JG3 and Goodine. I think that gives us our best shot at guys who are excellent at both.
Frank couldn't shoot.

Frank couldn't shoot.
I hear ya what you are saying. He certainly was never a great shooter and is not the “pure shooter” prototype we need to recruit going forward, but he had his moments:

33% last year, 34% this year - averaging 2 made threes per game. That’s solid production.

I hear ya what you are saying. He certainly was never a great shooter and is not the “pure shooter” prototype we need to recruit going forward, but he had his moments:

33% last year, 34% this year - averaging 2 made threes per game. That’s solid production.

And junior year, some might say he could attack the rim to an extent. This season was rough for players regressing, or at least not progressing.

Can Harper dunk?

I don't know that he has the explosiveness Flynn had to posterize someone at the RAC.

Otherwise, very similar with Harper having the clear shooting edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom