Haters gonna hate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Haters gonna hate

What does lunardi do the rest of the year? I take it he's not in the Iron Man Triathelete sub culture.

I think he actually starts very early with the brackets now, no joking. He's found a niche, and obsessed fans allow him to thrive from it.

I don't know about Iron Man(I think Iommi does though!), but I'm guessing Lunardi may have taken up bowling or darts as a hobby. The darts can serve 2 purposes, by also helping him make the tough picks.

Last edited:
The definition of bracketologist: Someone who is not on the committee.

"Those who can do...those who cannot analyze."

Shouldn't Lunardi be assessing how he did against the committee, instead of assessing how the committee did against him?

so who did lunardi have in ahead of us? monmouth? who else?

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...e-committee-got-so-much-wrong-and-here-is-how

This Hackasaurus Rex is doubling down on why Syracuse shouldn't have been in.

Further down the bracket, two of the questionable at-large choices -- Vanderbilt (RPI of 61) and Syracuse (RPI of 71) -- won only six of 23 road games combined, including 1-9 against Top 50 teams. That’s not counting the eggs they laid in their respective conference tournaments or their aggregate 6-16 record against the field. Even without player (Vandy) or coach (Syracuse) absences, it’d be asking a lot to turn those records into something respectable. (Another aside: Even with all the known weaknesses of the RPI, do you know how hard it is to have the number Syracuse had given their decent nonconference schedule and an ACC slate? The only way to do it is to lose too many games to the wrong teams. That’s why William & Mary, Stony Brook, Hofstra, Chattanooga, Valparaiso, Little Rock, UNC Wilmington, Yale, Princeton, Akron and, yes, Monmouth all had better RPIs than the Orange. I can only hope this was a case of poor judgment and not power-conference politics -- although neither is a very acceptable answer.

This Lunardi is obsessed with RPI. When it is so easy to game. LOL what a dbag.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...e-committee-got-so-much-wrong-and-here-is-how

Further down the bracket, two of the questionable at-large choices -- Vanderbilt (RPI of 61) and Syracuse (RPI of 71) -- won only six of 23 road games combined, including 1-9 against Top 50 teams. That’s not counting the eggs they laid in their respective conference tournaments or their aggregate 6-16 record against the field. Even without player (Vandy) or coach (Syracuse) absences, it’d be asking a lot to turn those records into something respectable. (Another aside: Even with all the known weaknesses of the RPI, do you know how hard it is to have the number Syracuse had given their decent nonconference schedule and an ACC slate? The only way to do it is to lose too many games to the wrong teams. That’s why William & Mary, Stony Brook, Hofstra, Chattanooga, Valparaiso, Little Rock, UNC Wilmington, Yale, Princeton, Akron and, yes, Monmouth all had better RPIs than the Orange. I can only hope this was a case of poor judgment and not power-conference politics -- although neither is a very acceptable answer.

Ok. It's one thing to be wrong. It's all fun and games etc etc. but to write this nonsense!? Bro, you were the only clown who had us out. You're the outlier, not us. Tool. What he's claiming is reckless and irresponsible.

Last edited:
Someone should ask him how VCU made it in. Of the Top 40 seeds they beat #32. So they had ONE Top 40 win in the committee's mind. And they had bad losses.

I honestly think it has pained him personally on two levels: that Syracuse got into the tournament at all, and that we made him look like a fool in the process. And now he's flailing away like a petulant child, unable to offer even the slightest piece of tangible evidence to support any of his claims. It really is something.

I honestly think it has pained him personally on two levels: that Syracuse got into the tournament at all, and that we made him look like a fool in the process. And now he's flailing away like a petulant child, unable to offer even the slightest piece of tangible evidence to support any of his claims. It really is something.
All week, every analyst on his own network was ripping him for not having Syracuse in and he never backs down, instead doesn't even talk about us as even being a bubble team. Then, the committee comes along and puts us in as a 10 seed and it turns out we were never in danger at all.

It's one thing to be wrong but this was him trying to tell us 2+2=5 and then getting mad when the math teacher corrects his chipmunk looking self.

He's a St. Joe's alum, so he's always hated SU and the other original Big East schools.

Reminds me of Gottlieb's meltdown after Cuse beat storz in the 2006 BET

Take SU and Vandy out of the equation and he still had bad misses. St Bonnies he had in the last 4 byes and they didn't make it. That is a big miss, as at least SIX teams jumped them. He had San Diego St and St Marys as last 4 in and they each got NIT 2 seeds. So again at least 6 teams jumped both of them. He didn't list Tulsa in next out. Which means they jumped at least 7 teams he had in front of them.

I'm confused. I thought it was his "job" to tell us who the Committee is going to select - not who He thinks should be in. Who the hell would care who he thought should be in? He is some assistant to an assistant in the St. Joe's AD. Ya messed up what your job even is there Joey.

I'm confused. I thought it was his "job" to tell us who the Committee is going to select - not who He thinks should be in. Who the hell would care who he thought should be in? He is some assistant to an assistant in the St. Joe's AD. Ya messed up what your job even is there Joey.
It's like he was trying to make some kind of sports related political statement with his idiotic picks this year.

I do agree in wondering how the heck Tulsa made it.

That said, maybe he should be an NIT bracketologist instead.

I commented in another thread, but in retrospect it was quite consistent with the rest of the picks which were highly focused on quality wins. They concentrated on top 50 wins, and they thought the AAC was legit. They had 4 top 50 wins, were 8-8 vs top 100, and the only 2 bad losses were to Memphis.

It seemed shocking at the time, but based on how they separated Syracuse, Michigan, Temple, Vandy from the field it sort of made sense.