Have I said enough how much I hate the ND games. | Syracusefan.com

Have I said enough how much I hate the ND games.

Alsacs

Living Legend
The ACC and ND just announced their games for 2014-2016.
http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...Game-Dates-for-2014-2015-2016_12-20-13_flh921

Just look at this.
Date Team Site
Sept. 27 at Syracuse MetLife Stadium, E. Rutherford, N.J.
Oct. 11 North Carolina Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 18 at Florida State Tallahassee, Fla.
Nov. 22 Louisville Notre Dame, Ind.

Date Team Site
Sept. 12 at Virginia Charlottesville, Va.
Sept. 19 Georgia Tech Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 3 at Clemson Clemson, S.C.
Nov. 7 at Pitt Pittsburgh, Pa.
Nov. 14 Wake Forest Notre Dame, Ind.
Nov. 21 Boston College Fenway Park, Boston, Mass.

Date Team Site
Sept. 24 Duke Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 1 at Syracuse MetLife Stadium, E. Rutherford, N.J.
Oct. 8 at NC State Raleigh, N.C.
Oct. 29 Miami Notre Dame, Ind.
Nov. 19 Virginia Tech Notre Dame, Ind.

Great job agreeing to Metlife games with Notre Dame Dr. Gross you sold out your home fans. I hope the money is worth it. My god this crap ticks me off. Notre Dame will play BC in Fenway as a ND home game, but won't count ONE of the TWO Syracuse games as home games for ND so the Orange can host ND ONCE before 2020 way to go Dr. Gross.

Do you know why Tiger Woods doesn't fly coach? Because he doesn't have to...

Do you know why SU won't play St.Johns at Carnesecca Arena? Because we don't have to...

Such is life when working with big dogs. They call the shots.

First, off I hope this isn't your actual opinion and your just taking the devil's advocate position because if its then my next paragraph will truly make me sad if this is your opinion then it makes me want to stop spending money and actually caring about Syracuse Football.

Second, ND is playing all ACC teams over a 3 year period and are suppose to have no say where and when they play these games. If you can't say that Dr. Gross has screwed this up ON A EPIC FAILURE level then your saying you will never criticize him. The second that ND agreed to these 5 games with the ACC and the 4 game series from 2014-2017 was shredded up Dr. Gross should have told the Metlife people sorry, but because ND is playing 5 ACC teams our deal is shredded and thus our games are gone, BUT INSTEAD of doing that Dr. Gross basically had to beg the ACC to have ND make Syracuse the team that will play ND 2 TIMES in 3 years so it could honor a DUMB CONTRACT IN THE FIRST PLACE AND BASICALLY GIVE ANYBODY WHO HAS SEASON TICKETS OR HAS INVESTED IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN CENTRAL NEW YORK THE MIDDLE FINGER. Your response is that is the way in life when working with the big dogs. What a joke. I hope you don't negotiate in life and whenever somebody is bigger than you just demands something you say oh well your the bigger dog you call the shots and get your way.

We have covered this before. The ND games were scheduled BEFORE the ACC happened. SU needed cash and exposure. Then SU and ND joined th ACC. Met Life Stadium is a third party to this deal. To make things work smoothly, the two games scheduled at Met Life Stadium were rolled into the ND deal. ND will be playing in the Dome going forward.

The Met Life Stadium deal is not all bad. With Rutgers and UConn refusing to work with Met Life, they rejected exposure and high profile teams. With Syracuse on the rise, these could be some very good games. NYC, LI and Jersey kids will be able to see a program moving up while Rutgers becomes a doormat and UConn falls further into irrelevance.

Gross scheduled these games prior to Syracuse getting into the ACC and a way to make money to keep up with the the other power leagues. We were in the big east which was falling behind the other conferences. Its not like Syracuse can schedule a game with tulane at metlife, and we already agreed to play ND there so I dont see the issue. The buyout could be steep, and we cant even afford to start building the IPF because a lack of money, so we probably dont have the money to afford a buyout that is likely over a couple million dollars. Its not like this was a 3 year contract, it was a 10 or 12 year contract (cant remember).

Has there been any discussion of future MetLife opponents for SU? I would like to see a brand-name school who won't bring as many fans to the game as SU for once. Arizona, Arizona State, Washington perhaps?

Alsacs yes it's unfortunate Syracuse has given away so many premium games to NYC these last few seasons but Gross signed the contract for the ND series before the ACC move. I'm sure there were legal protections on Metlife's part that prevented him from cancelling the contract. I think our scheduling on a yearly basis will look much better after 2016. Don't sweat the short term. Unfortunate - but it's due to lots of unpredictable conference shuffling.

We have covered this before. The ND games were scheduled BEFORE the ACC happened. SU needed cash and exposure. Then SU and ND joined th ACC. Met Life Stadium is a third party to this deal. To make things work smoothly, the two games scheduled at Met Life Stadium were rolled into the ND deal. ND will be playing in the Dome going forward.

The Met Life Stadium deal is not all bad. With Rutgers and UConn refusing to work with Met Life, they rejected exposure and high profile teams. With Syracuse on the rise, these could be some very good games. NYC, LI and Jersey kids will be able to see a program moving up while Rutgers becomes a doormat and UConn falls further into irrelevance.
Htown, Syracuse-Notre Dame agreed to a deal 4 game series in August 2009. Notre Dame would host in South Bend in 2015 and 2017 and Syracuse would play them in Metlife Stadium in 2014 and 2016. Metlife Stadium was never part of this contract. When ND agreed to play 5 ACC teams annually when they joined the ACC this agreement went poof. Dr. Gross SOLD the games to Metlife or else they wouldn't have to played in Metlife as Syracuse home games in 2014 and 2016. Dr. Gross SCREWED THIS UP royally. I call a spade a spade. Dr. Gross would be given an A for his overall performance as SU AD, but this situation is an F and people should be objective enough to call it that way. To makes things smoothly is a joke reason to take a crown jewel home game and not just cancel a contract and pay whatever fees you have received already as part of the settlement. I have NO FAITH that ANY ND games will be in the Dome as NOBODY has said that and putting faith into something like with what has transpired thus far is reckless IMO.

How hard would it be for Notre Dame to throw Syracuse a bone like they are to Boston College and make the 2016 game an ND home game? I mean is that a lot to be asked of a supposed PARTNER? The BC-ND game at Fenway is an ND home game even though it will be BC's backyard. My goodness the fact that nobody questions this crap and defends the Irish is a joke.

You just said in your own post that Syracuse scheduled ND in Metlife for 2014 and 2016 in 2009. BC did not already have this game scheduled, hence they had the power to force ND to use a home game for a game at Fenway.

You just said in your own post that Syracuse scheduled ND in Metlife for 2014 and 2016 in 2009. BC did not already have this game scheduled, hence they had the power to force ND to use a home game for a game at Fenway.
Right, SU-ND made a deal in 2009 but that deal went POOF when ND agreed to play 5 ACC opponents a year, like Pitt-NDs and BC-NDs deals went away. However, Gross SOLD the games to Metlife on his OWN and screwed SU, but ND could easily say to SU that 2016 game you sold can count as a ND home so that the next game won't have to be in South Bend which it will. Instead, NOBODY wants to criticize Gross for this stupidity and just says let it go. BC HAS NO POWER TO FORCE ND to use a home game at Fenway, Notre Dame OWN ITS OWN IS DOING THIS and throwing a bone to BC. Notre Dame could play UMass at Fenway and then make BC play them in South Bend in 2015 if they wanted to, but ND is giving BC a pseudo road game in a cool atmosphere will SU is screwed because Gross F'ed up and won't tell his fanbase that he did and will just hide behind the fact people won't complain about this or will be just let it go like its nothing.

Htown, Syracuse-Notre Dame agreed to a deal 4 game series in August 2009. Notre Dame would host in South Bend in 2015 and 2017 and Syracuse would play them in Metlife Stadium in 2014 and 2016. Metlife Stadium was never part of this contract. When ND agreed to play 5 ACC teams annually when they joined the ACC this agreement went poof. Dr. Gross SOLD the games to Metlife or else they wouldn't have to played in Metlife as Syracuse home games in 2014 and 2016. Dr. Gross SCREWED THIS UP royally. I call a spade a spade. Dr. Gross would be given an A for his overall performance as SU AD, but this situation is an F and people should be objective enough to call it that way. To makes things smoothly is a joke reason to take a crown jewel home game and not just cancel a contract and pay whatever fees you have received already as part of the settlement. I have NO FAITH that ANY ND games will be in the Dome as NOBODY has said that and putting faith into something like with what has transpired thus far is reckless IMO.

While I understand you are frustrated by this deal and the reasons why you are upset, you continually get the facts wrong on this. You are confusing the 20-year deal which was announced in March of 2011 with other individual deals that were made prior to that to see if the concept was viable. The 4-game ND series at that time wasn't going to happen without us playing those games at the MetLife (then the Meadowlands). As I recall, ND even went to UConn and Rutgers with similar deals before they even got around to us.

In the case of PSU we were more fortunate with the 1-1-1 set-up.

The only game that was originally scheduled for the Dome and then pushed to the Meadowlands by Dr. Gross to kick-start this concept was the USC game. Once we had established we could get "quality" teams to play us there, then the 20-year contract with MetLife happened. Since we've been in the ACC though, have we even had a rumor of any other games being scheduled there?

Perhaps it will simply just go away now and you are getting upset over nothing?

Cheers,
Neil

Right, SU-ND made a deal in 2009 but that deal went POOF when ND agreed to play 5 ACC opponents a year, like Pitt-NDs and BC-NDs deals went away. However, Gross SOLD the games to Metlife on his OWN and screwed SU, but ND could easily say to SU that 2016 game you sold can count as a ND home so that the next game won't have to be in South Bend which it will. Instead, NOBODY wants to criticize Gross for this stupidity and just says let it go. BC HAS NO POWER TO FORCE ND to use a home game at Fenway, Notre Dame OWN ITS OWN IS DOING THIS and throwing a bone to BC. Notre Dame could play UMass at Fenway and then make BC play them in South Bend in 2015 if they wanted to, but ND is giving BC a pseudo road game in a cool atmosphere will SU is screwed because Gross F'ed up and won't tell his fanbase that he did and will just hide behind the fact people won't complain about this or will be just let it go like its nothing.

Where are you getting this notion of the ND-Pitt and ND-BC games just going POOF? No contract that ND had with them has been done away with. The years in which they will be played may have been changed, but that just didn't go POOF and start from scratch.

Someone needs to take a deep breath.

Cheers,
Neil

While I understand you are frustrated by this deal and the reasons why you are upset, you continually get the facts wrong on this. You are confusing the 20-year deal which was announced in March of 2011 with other individual deals that were made prior to that to see if the concept was viable. The 4-game ND series at that time wasn't going to happen without us playing those games at the MetLife (then the Meadowlands). As I recall, ND even went to UConn and Rutgers with similar deals before they even got around to us.

In the case of PSU we were more fortunate with the 1-1-1 set-up.

The only game that was originally scheduled for the Dome and then pushed to the Meadowlands by Dr. Gross to kick-start this concept was the USC game. Once we had established we could get "quality" teams to play us there, then the 20-year contract with MetLife happened. Since we've been in the ACC though, have we even had a rumor of any other games being scheduled there?

Perhaps it will simply just go away now and you are getting upset over nothing?

Cheers,
Neil
If it this true then Dr. Gross wouldn't have us play Notre Dame in 2014 and 2016 at Metlife. Gross sold these games to Metlife or else they could be cancelled like ND-Pitt and ND-BC games have been cancelled.

I agree ND-SU in 2009 wasn't happening as a Home/Home as ND is a bigger fish, but when ND joined the ACC for 5 games all their other ACC games were cancelled, but magically Syracuse is going to continue to play them at Metlife? Dr. Gross wouldn't play them in Metlife if he didn't have to I have talked with him and have evidence to this directly from him. Either these ND games are rolled into the 20 year contract or Gross is a bigger idiot than I thought. I am going to say its the former because I don't believe the latter to be true.

The deall did no go away. The Syracuse/ND had to be rrevised. The and home games were cancelled. Met Life is and was a third party to the two scheduled games. Both schools want exposure in NYC. There was no nee to cancel the contract. Met Life was not party to the other games.

Some of care and want the deal cancelled. Some don't. We still play ND twice in three years. Most schools will never get that. Rutgers will have tw ACC teams playing in its backyard and nobody will care that the Scarlet Knights are playing.

If it this true then Dr. Gross wouldn't have us play Notre Dame in 2014 and 2016 at Metlife. Gross sold these games to Metlife or else they could be cancelled like ND-Pitt and ND-BC games have been cancelled.

I agree ND-SU in 2009 wasn't happening as a Home/Home as ND is a bigger fish, but when ND joined the ACC for 5 games all their other ACC games were cancelled, but magically Syracuse is going to continue to play them at Metlife? Dr. Gross wouldn't play them in Metlife if he didn't have to I have talked with him and have evidence to this directly from him. Either these ND games are rolled into the 20 year contract or Gross is a bigger idiot than I thought. I am going to say its the former because I don't believe the latter to be true.

Please show me a link where the prior ND-BC and ND-Pitt games were cancelled.

Cheers,
Neil

I think people don't get excited because isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. That and we are playing ND more than the otherACC teams due to that agreement aren't we? ?

How hard would it be for Notre Dame to throw Syracuse a bone like they are to Boston College and make the 2016 game an ND home game? I mean is that a lot to be asked of a supposed PARTNER? The BC-ND game at Fenway is an ND home game even though it will be BC's backyard. My goodness the fact that nobody questions this crap and defends the Irish is a joke.

For the record, hating Notre Dame is still O.K. We don't have to love them. I would get angry if it was a requirement.

images

44PRIDE said:
Do you know why Tiger Woods doesn't fly coach? Because he doesn't have to...

Do you know why SU won't play St.Johns at Carnesecca Arena? Because we don't have to...

Such is life when working with big dogs. They call the shots.

Do you know why Tiger Woods dates fugly waitresses? Yeah, me neither.

Please show me a link where the prior ND-BC and ND-Pitt games were cancelled.

Cheers,
Neil
BC-ND agreement in 2010
6 Games agreed to 2011-ND 2012-BC 2015-BC, 2016-ND 2018-BC, 2019-ND
http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/4/23/4256710/notre-dame-football-ireland-game-boston-college-2015
http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/4/23/4256710/notre-dame-football-ireland-game-boston-college-2015

The Irish's schedule arrangement with the ACC will likely force the cancellation of two of the remaining games in the two school's previously inked non-conference scheduling agreement (2016 and either 2018 or 2019).

Which it has as the BC-ND series is now going to just be 2015-Fenway Park in the future probably 1 time from 2017-2019.

I will get the Pitt series now.

I think people don't get excited because isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. That and we are playing ND more than the otherACC teams due to that agreement aren't we? ?

There will always be one team that gets ND one more time than the others every three years based upon how the deal works - 15 games against 14 opponents over a three year period.

Since the MetLife games were already on the schedule, we got that extra game this time out. In the next three year cycle we may only play them one time, most likely at South Bend.

Cheers,
Neil

BC-ND agreement in 2010
6 Games agreed to 2011-ND 2012-BC 2015-BC, 2016-ND 2018-BC, 2019-ND

The Irish's schedule arrangement with the ACC will likely force the cancellation of two of the remaining games in the two school's previously inked non-conference scheduling agreement (2016 and either 2018 or 2019).

Which it has as the BC-ND series is now going to just be 2015-Fenway Park in the future probably 1 time from 2017-2019.

I will get the Pitt series now.

The games aren't technically cancelled though, the years when they will be played have been moved. And since 1 team will always get two ND games in every three year cycle, the next three year cycle could have those games in it. Our two road games against ND have been moved. You do realize we technically "owe" them two games at South Bend, right?

Cheers,
Neil

The games aren't technically cancelled though, the years when they will be played have been moved. And since 1 team will always get two ND games in every three year cycle, the next three year cycle could have those games in it. Our two road games against ND have been moved. You do realize we technically "owe" them two games at South Bend, right?

Cheers,
Neil
You honestly are asking me if I realize we owe Notre Dame two road games? Why do you think I hate the fact that of all the 15 ACC teams Notre Dame will be playing Syracuse is taking it worse than anybody and that is because of Dr. Gross agreeing to this series and then when Notre Dame announced they were joining the ACC didn't immediately cancel it. Why do you think I mentioned Notre Dame could toss Syracuse I bone and say well that 2016 game we will do a solid like we are Boston College and will count it as a ND home game. BC-ND were schedule to play 2015-2016 and 2018-2019. Now the 2016, 2018, 2019 games might be moved, but ND did BC a solid and said we are making that 2015 ND home game a game in Boston at Fenway Park where we will be the home team, but you will be at home and it will be a solid game where i am sure some BC fans will get in. Syracuse is going to be playing 2 games at Metlife 2014 and 2016 which are called @ Syracuse where Notre Dame will have double the fans and it will be an embarrassment, but let's defend this because we should be lucky that Notre Dame will even appear on the same field as us. We should sell next year's Maryand game to FedEx Field we could use the money, or sell next year's Florida State game to Jacksonville. If you act small time then you are small time.