HCFB on Athletic CFB Podcast | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HCFB on Athletic CFB Podcast

Dino started off extremely confident as well. I remember him talking about "who cares about the weather, I play inside 6 games a year."

Fran seems built better for NIL and recruiting than Dino ever was. I think Dino (and alot of us) thought recruiting would get easier after 2018 and the 10 wins. It just never panned out.
I think Dino thought he was heading West after 18 and Dino didn't exactly grind it on the recruiting trail.

Agreed. It's cold in lots of the country. Not sure why people think Syracuse is a frozen wasteland. They act like Wisconsin and Michigan and Ohio are these beach destinations or something.
It definetly hasnt been the last few years either. Gonna be 60 again fri in syracuse so we arent getting the shtty weather like we truly deserve so if i cant snowmobile around we better get some damn recruits from it.

Yes, very good at getting $$$$

Will need more to continue the momentum.

I know some are wait and see before opening up even more than they have.

If he has a successful first season, watch out.
I have to say i think we will have a great season. Another lineman or two and a few guys on bottom of charts at end of camp will open up a few more spots to upgrade. We have the schedule, the size we havent since late 90's, a great qb if we can give him sometime, a DE who made Bama's oline look bad, a great rb with a stud freshman behind him, a really good te, a number 1 pick at receiver, 2 studs returning at lb with a few quality backups, and a secondary with good speed although not quite elite yet against the top teams. Im more worried about the following year. Will have to hit portal hard that year and get some studs come up thru ranks like Ross, Wlliams, the Rb, Tremble, and Barnes at cb. Them are some talented kids coming thru. We need the big uglies now thru recruiting on both sids of ball. we got this.

He’s winning them over already. He’s getting folks to open the checkbook up too. It’s very impressive.

Pretty sure he doesn’t sleep. He’s a sleep when I’m retired type of guy. Work ethic is very impressive. Hopefully it translates to wins because as he says in interview, that ultimately matters the most.

I love the aggressive approach to getting a strong staff. He’s got that incredible work ethic and drive to succeed but also laying groundwork for providing opportunities to other talented coaches and recruiters to build that mindset and culture so when he’s had enough in say 15 -20 years the program has former coaches in his tree who might be ready to jump right in at what is an attractive job. Lot has to happen but love his approach and you can see there is a vision and purpose to all of it.

I’ve had pleasure of meeting Fran and hearing him speak a few times. Love every interview.

The optimism re. NIL and Syracuse is great. It’s flipping the narrative. Dino was “we can’t.” You’ll never ever hear that from Fran. He will out hustle guys and outwork everyone. And that extends to fundraising for NIL too.

It didn’t come up in this interview but he’s gunning for Penn State (and this was before the Ahmad drama). He views us as equals and we should be beating them on the recruiting trail and on the field. I don’t know what they did to him but he has a natural hatred of them that I love.
I love a coach who hates things with the passion that I hate things

It’s been mentioned many times before. Doesn’t need to be repeated
He might be referencing Dino encouraging recruits to take all their visits?

It’s been mentioned many times before. Doesn’t need to be repeated
I agree then why bring it up again, pediatric, just personal agenda IMO, he works for UA, he will do well. Back in familiar territory Jr. I will defend good

I agree then why bring it up again, pediatric, just personal agenda IMO, he works for UA, he will do well. Back in familiar territory Jr. I will defend good

Uh, you were the one who wanted me to go in more detail.

It’s been hashed out, some of it isn’t in the public and doesn’t need to be.

Don’t feel more needs to be said which is why I said “I will leave it at that.”

But hey, take whatever bizarre hill you want to stand on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom