Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Heads up for YouTube TV Subscribers!

well when your ISP goes down you dont lose tv for one thing..

you can watch almost everything anywhere with Reg Directv using the apps anyway. I have sling so I can watch my directv boxes anywhere I want . plus with a box you can watch 2 shows at once with buffers and you can easily switch channels when games are on which you cant do with the streaming apps.
I lose more signal from rain storms than I lose internet service so there goes that argument

And who wants to have Directv and then also get sling to watch the boxes when you can just stream .. i had regular Directv for 20 years … and the stream is a better , not perfect , product .. it’s 20% overpriced relative to YouTube TV… but It does give me all the channels i require with no contract

Last edited:
YouTubeTV doesn’t have ESPN.

Hulu doesn’t have NBATV.

Fubo doesn’t have TNT.

For an NBA fan, this is all a mess.

I agree that Directv streaming is a rip off, but it’s also the only service that has all the sports channels I want.

It was a nice 5 year run of saving a lot of money, but I’ll basically be paying cable prices if I switch to Directv streaming.
Eventually we’ll have to pay separate fees for every channel and we’ll have 100 streaming log ins… then someone will consolidate all the services into one package and behave as if they invented something new when all they did was recreate original cable

Sort of like when Amazon “created “ a service by which you order something online and if you’re willing to go somewhere to pick it up .. you can get it within hours … basically a Brick and mortar store

I’m the graph that showed google the projected customer loss because of this looked a lot like the omicron case graphs we have been seeing… too soon?

I'm really glad it's back because I wouldn't have been able to switch since none of the other providers has Turner Classic Movies, the sine qua non for Ms. Hoo's That.

I can't tell you how freaking pissed I am. Google sends us customers a pitty party email saying that Disney isn't being nice and then two days later, epsn is pulled. They did the same thing with Roku. So, I then spend a lot of time over the weekend researching other options and eventually sign up with Fubotv. I then spent an hour today getting all of our tvs set up properly and taught the family how to use the new app.

Being that there is one day left before my YTTV account is cancelled, I can still re-instate my account and Fubo is on trial. If it were just me, I'd say the hell with google, but my kids and wife are less flexible with tv changes and had a lot saved in the YTTV dvr. I think I'll probably put my damn tail between my legs and go back to YTTV. That said, I'm glad I cancelled because that's the only way a big company like that gets the signal, which obviously is why they miraculously reached a deal today (way too many people bailing). Whatever, just disgusted by greed.

I’m the graph that showed google the projected customer loss because of this looked a lot like the omicron case graphs we have been seeing… too soon?
Just look at this thread .. if so many of us have dropped it .. it must be rampant .. most people with you tube TV are going to be younger to Middle Ages demographic males big into sports … losing espn is a killer

Just look at this thread .. if so many of us have dropped it .. it must be rampant .. most people with you tube TV are going to be younger to Middle Ages demographic males big into sports … losing espn is a killer
Good point on the google demo… Then again, I’m middle aged and married so who knows. But I didn’t cancel, because, at least to me, it was fairly obvious that this would get settled pretty quickly. I just wish I knew who blinked… my guess is google.

I lose more signal from rain storms than I lose internet service so there goes that argument

And who wants to have Directv and then also get sling to watch the boxes when you can just stream .. i had regular Directv for 20 years … and the stream is a better , not perfect , product .. it’s 20% overpriced relative to YouTube TV… but It does give me all the channels i require with no contract
I have never seen a stream close to as good as my sat signal. I wont leave it until they force me . streaming is just a sucky way to watch tv. changing channels on streams is awful.

I have never seen a stream close to as good as my sat signal. I wont leave it until they force me . streaming is just a sucky way to watch tv. changing channels on streams is awful.
It's almost like you're looking for an argument (i.e. a troll) over a tv thread. Just stupid. Okay, you like cable, good, keep it. Those of use who prefer streaming, like what we have. Good lord. And I'm sure you will respond, which is fine. I'll leave my comments here.

I can't tell you how freaking pissed I am. Google sends us customers a pitty party email saying that Disney isn't being nice and then two days later, epsn is pulled. They did the same thing with Roku. So, I then spend a lot of time over the weekend researching other options and eventually sign up with Fubotv. I then spent an hour today getting all of our tvs set up properly and taught the family how to use the new app.

Being that there is one day left before my YTTV account is cancelled, I can still re-instate my account and Fubo is on trial. If it were just me, I'd say the hell with google, but my kids and wife are less flexible with tv changes and had a lot saved in the YTTV dvr. I think I'll probably put my damn tail between my legs and go back to YTTV. That said, I'm glad I cancelled because that's the only way a big company like that gets the signal, which obviously is why they miraculously reached a deal today (way too many people bailing). Whatever, just disgusted by greed.
It takes two to tango, though. Disney owns Hulu. Unless they're zealously watched by the Federal and state antitrust people, they'll do everything they can to drive people to Hulu and away from the other services. If it means withholding ABC and ESPN from the others so you can only get it on Hulu, so be it. That said, is YouTube TV innocent as a lamb? No. As you noted, they tried to strongarm Roku, probably because Google has a device they want everyone to use based on either getting a bigger cut from it or they own it.

That stinks you went through the gauntlet.

I would have been right there with you. I was just lazy and especially didn't care once our game was postponed. I figured there was a shot they'd get it resolved quickly, but I didn't think they'd fix things that quickly.

I find channel changing on the stream faster than the clunky genie.. but I have multiple wired access points

So espn is back but it’s not back on my guide .. weird ..

How?
I had to go to the live guide on my phone. Hit the sort button then custom edit button. Scroll down and make sure all networks have a red check mark displayed. This will now show up on your TV guide. Hope this helps.

I had to go to the live guide on my phone. Hit the sort button then custom edit button. Scroll down and make sure all networks have a red check mark displayed. This will now show up on your TV guide. Hope this helps.
Mine isn’t even showing espn at all .. and I’m quite familiar with the custom channel ordering edit mode .. I can see the channel when I search it .. but it’s dead to the live guide

I've never monkeyed with this but if you adjust the channel order in your phone is that reflected on your tv when looking at "live?"

Update

1. The channels suddenly showed up Unchecked at the very bottom of my custom list .. took about 10 minutes to individually drag them back into place

2. Cancelled my Directv urinary stream “free 14 day trial “ and that was 20 minutes of my life i wont get back