Hearin some rumblins | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Hearin some rumblins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point exactly...and the point of Dcuse starting the thread in the first place. But I too am getting to the point of not posting stuff at all from any of my sources anymore even if they want me to.

Best thing to do if you don't like something is just move on instead of taking posts personally by retaliating and bullying and name calling. Been through this too many times in my life growing up in the inner city and I simply don't like it anymore. These bullies need to be challenged and put in their place when they attack you personally. Kasier got over 50 likes by retaliating against Dcuse - says a lot by those that liked his post as they should go back and unlike his post but it's a free country last time I checked. One way the admins should stop encouraging people like that is to delete this thread entirely otherwise it's going to keep encouraging people to spout off and no one will post any insider tidbits which would be a shame.

You fight bullies but then realize when you stoop down to their level even you become no better than they are - and I should take my own advise and most times I do. But sometimes you just need to call them out. Nuff said - admins should have deleted this thread long ago imo.

The people who liked that post should be embarrassed.

I was shocked at some of the names on that list. Some, not so much.

Very disappointed.

The problem with Kaiser's rant was that it attacked D purely on the assumption of the motivation of the post. Dcuse rarely posts things of that nature, but when he does it's solid. He has some insight to the program. But knowing the guy he doesn't do things to call attention to himself or say he look at me Mr. Inside.

To assume a motivation and then assail a person for it is inexcusable. And then to have what I consider to be some pretty good people to pile on is disgusting. Maybe they are just all trying to get into the cool kid club with Kaiser.

Last edited:
That's my point exactly...and the point of Dcuse starting the thread in the first place. But I too am getting to the point of not posting stuff at all from any of my sources anymore even if they want me to.

Best thing to do if you don't like something is just move on instead of taking posts personally by retaliating and bullying and name calling. Been through this too many times in my life growing up in the inner city and I simply don't like it anymore. These bullies need to be challenged and put in their place when they attack you personally. Kasier got over 50 likes by retaliating against Dcuse - says a lot by those that liked his post as they should go back and unlike his post but it's a free country last time I checked. One way the admins should stop encouraging people like that is to delete this thread entirely otherwise it's going to keep encouraging people to spout off and no one will post any insider tidbits which would be a shame.

You fight bullies but then realize when you stoop down to their level even you become no better than they are - and I should take my own advise and most times I do. But sometimes you just need to call them out. Nuff said - admins should have deleted this thread long ago imo.
good lord, Fn relax and enjoy the ride.

dcuse and i havnt cared for each other since before 95% of this boards posters was here. i was having a little fun with him since he apparently knows not only that the arc of the covenant exists, but that Syracuse is no longer going to be its house.

but the point remains, if someone has such secret info...why bother?? people tell each other things through different channels all the freakin time on here, usually regarding the student/athlete...which should never be made public and never does.

a coach leaving?? big whoop. spill it. either the coach told him specifically to not say anything, which in that case...hes already failed. or its coming from different people which means its 'out there' and no harm no foul.

granted there are certain situations where we dont want to speak about a coach leaving. we are doing are best to not leak to the hoop board that when woodson gets fired over the allstar break, JB is taking over. but eventually theyre going to find out.

Its never ok to be a Bully.

image-1167475618.jpg

but the point remains, if someone has such secret info...why bother?? people tell each other things through different channels all the freakin time on here, usually regarding the student/athlete...which should never be made public and never does.

Ok now this is all you needed to say and ask - what's the point.

To me the bits and pieces that I know now are just starting to be connected just by Dcuse's post alone. There (I will put it this way not to sound like I'm an insider) "seems" to be a lot more going on than meets the eye long term and "could" be more substantial of a problem but we need more info. I thought the coaching changes stopped with Rob Moore - now the ante has been raised. You can't blame Rob Moore leaving for a job in the Pros - just like Marrone. Marrone more than tripled his comp - easy decision for him same as Moore. But a friend leaving a friend to take a similar position at another P5 university - what does that tell you or the rest of us? Or does the coach simply not like the weather here in Syracuse?

However, your post quashes any further discussion on the matter. I saw more value in Dcuse post than your post by far even if the other 50 plus who liked your post didn't.

So in my opinion - what's the point or value of your post?

a coach leaving?? big whoop. spill it. either the coach told him specifically to not say anything, which in that case...hes already failed. or its coming from different people which means its 'out there' and no harm no foul.

This is the crux of the matter. I believe what was perceived as a personal attack on the original poster was not that at all. If anything, it was an attack on the way his "information" was presented. There was not one iota of substance to it: any time a comment that purportedly is factual but begins with "Perhaps" makes the dial on my BS meter leap into the red zone.

Take a lesson from arbitragegls on how to be stealthy with information: present facts first, then, and only then, speculate. Not the other way around.

But isn't that a better discussion than going off on a poster with their tidbit of information. I only have tidbits here and there at times and like you am no insider either. But when someone like Dcuse posts his tidbit, then another posts theirs, then you get to the point where someone can connect the dots to get to the bottom of the issue. Retaliating against Dcuse is simply WRONG.

(and I do have 2 tickets for the upcoming Duke game at Cameron if that tells you or anyone anything)
Do I think Kaiser was over the top with his post - yup. But I also think that some people need to be called out when they post something that could be misinterpreted and make people speculate worst case scenarios. Dcuse fixed this later on page 2 and I think if he made that post his first one it would have caused fewer issues.

As far as connecting the dots, I still don't see it. I see a lot of speculation as to the problems within the AD and I see one insider post one reason for something not happening and another giving another reason. Until I see specific evidence that one specific reason is the cause for a coach leaving, the IPF being delayed, etc. then everything is just speculation. One insider claims $$ is issue, another claims politics, another claims something else. To me conflicting "answers" result in conflicting speculation for the non-insiders.

I also believe there is never just one reason why people do things. to say that a coach may be leaving for one reason is ridiculous. There are always many factors that lead to a decision being made. That s like someone saying that a recruit wont come here because the IPF isn't built. Absolutes are bad.

ladies and gentlemen this pissing match has now reached 11

Nicely summed up. If I were an admin I would have deleted this thread long ago. Nuff said for me.

This thread should be sealed, this is starting to be Syracuse.com, and that's a bad place to be.

I thought the coaching changes stopped with Rob Moore - now the ante has been raised. You can't blame Rob Moore leaving for a job in the Pros - just like Marrone. Marrone more than tripled his comp - easy decision for him same as Moore. But a friend leaving a friend to take a similar position at another P5 university - what does that tell you or the rest of us? Or does the coach simply not like the weather here in Syracuse?

So the coach that's leaving is a personal friend of Shafer's, and he's making a lateral move to a warm weather P5 school.

Maybe that info should have been posted in the first place?

This thread should be sealed, this is starting to be Syracuse.com, and that's a bad place to be.
now thats over the top.

ive had nothing but fun with this.

and they aint shutting this down.

we're about 8000 views on a single thread in 24hrs in the 1st week of feb!! we're closing in on the LOI thread view #s.

cha-ching for the site.

i want my cut.....

I never mind tidbits of information that are incomplete when they relate to things outside of the program...e.g., a rumor from the ACC, or things about the stadium, etc. But when it has to do with a current player or coach, it makes me a little uncomfortable. Not just because it's unsubstantiated information , but also because I would prefer that the coaches have the opportunity to disclose information in the fashion that they feel best serves the program. Rumors are almost never good. I would always defer to allowing those in charge to manage the situation. But that's just me. I understand how irresistible it is for some.

right behind me up in 305, the whole staff was there at the beginning of the game
Wait wait wait - this is the most important piece of info here. I'm sure the view from 305 is nice, but we can't get the football staff in a box or, at least, down in the 100s?

This is an outrage!

KaiserUEO said:
now thats over the top. ive had nothing but fun with this. and they aint shutting this down. we're about 8000 views on a single thread in 24hrs in the 1st week of feb!! we're closing in on the LOI thread view #s. cha-ching for the site. i want my cut...
You are a master at twisting things around in your favor, but not everyone is fooled.

Wait wait wait - this is the most important piece of info here. I'm sure the view from 305 is nice, but we can't get the football staff in a box or, at least, down in the 100s?

This is an outrage!
it's the 2nd time they've sat there, 1st time was the Villanova or Miami game, I can't remember which. But they only stay for the 1st half. I'm guessing they want to know what it's like to experience the crowd from up there.

after reading lot's of posts here, I had to open a old box of quaker oats weight control oatmeal, because someone here is feeding a lot of b.s. and I don't know who.

Pure unadulterated (or adulterated) entertainment, I enjoyed rubber-necking the train wreck. Please proceed.

Dcuse I have known for 40 years... He sits awake at night and plots ways of pissing the board off ...He told me

Is that true or is it perhaps?

What he's saying is that SU can't keep coaches because of pay.

Based on Money's post, if a guy wants to leave after having his career jump started, he was out of work the season before, because he had one good year (or had the good fortune to inherit a group that had been really coached up the prior 3 or 4) because he's not making enough, that's not very hardnosed.

But it's a free country and in that profession they are all just year to year, you need to look out for #1.

I think the answer for some is to fire all the non rev coaches, slash their budgets, give them a couple grand and a pat on the head.

That's even after SU spends the third most in D-1 on basketball, and the 26th most in football. And I get for football alot of that is the scholarship costs, which are higher than public schools. My guess is that the ACC windfall will be used in part to make sure coaching budgets for football are on par with their peers, if they aren't already.
Well, I am in awe. Not because you came to the rescue of Dcuse (he doesn't need it) But because you were able to get in the line about the o-line being a group that had already been coached up. There aren't maybe two or three posters anywhere on the net that could have sneaked in the compliment to marrone in this thread. Congrats. A side question, did you even mean the defense of dcuse?

I dont know you personslly Upper East Greenbush but on here you have a HISTORY of being a BULLY. And I've been here just as long as you if not longer. You already know this. Maybe its just your writing style or maybe its just you. With that being said I've said some things myself in the past that me now bring older , and more "mature" I wouldnt do anymore.

LGO both football and bball, you know you have to clarify things on this side.

Here is a list of open positions in major college football. Important: This list does not include the programs with new head coaches.

Ball State: Defensive line

Central Michigan: Tight ends

Duke: Wide receivers

Hawaii: A position on defense

Indiana: One position (likely on defense)

ULM: Defensive line

LA Tech: Defensive line and another position on defense

LSU: Special teams coordinator

Memphis: Corners

Oklahoma State: Offensive line

Oregon State: Offensive coordinator / quarterbacks

Pitt: Wide receivers

Purdue: Safeties

Rutgers: There is talk about an position on offense and/or special teams

San Jose State: Defensive coordinator, offensive line

South Alabama: A position on offense, a position on defense

Stanford: Running backs, two positions on defense

Syracuse: A position to be determined

Tulane: Special teams coordinator

UCLA: Special teams coordinator

Utah: Quarterbacks or different position on offense

Western Michigan: Wide receivers

West Virginia: A position on defense, possibly the coordinator job

Wisconsin: Running backs

Tried crossing out the one's that wouldn't fit a coach who could potentially leave.

Last edited:
I dont know you personslly Upper East Greenbush but on here you have a HISTORY of being a BULLY. And I've been here just as long as you if not longer. You already know this. Maybe its just your writing style or maybe its just you. With that being said I've said some things myself in the past that me now bring older , and more "mature" I wouldnt do anymore.

LGO both football and bball, you know you have to clarify things on this side.
When u were a newbie, you deserved to be 'Straightened out'. That's not bullying, that's trying to keep decor. Don't remember why or what u said...dont care really, but yeah, you came off as a punk and needed it. its been a while for sure and To your credit, u stayed and the fact u were from Albany...I always liked.

Dcuse has been here just as long if not longer, he doesn't need your help. Where he needed it was when mcnabb was an igg, you guys shouldve helped him out there and said i root for him and hes missing the point, but you failed to do so. so why stick up for him now??? u guys keep resurecting this thread for whatever reason.

And without self policing, all you would get on here is a ban without a reason. Or it would be that local site that many have escaped from...and many have been tossed back to.

There has never been any bullying on this site, in all its incarnations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom