Hearin some rumblins | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Hearin some rumblins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand from the WVU board that the Dude has now picked up on this story.

The Dude's currently forecasting Florida State, Clemson, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and USC to the Big 12.

2) maybe a new all time low. Complaining about the pay side :crazy::bat::bang::rolling: You realize you didn't have to pay for that circle jerk right.

3) I hope you never reach the point where you need to make non-informative posts to boost your ego... Again.

First, it took about 30 seconds to skim through the thread, not exactly a huge time committment on my part. And I paid for the pay side once, before I knew it was a useless circle-jerk. Once i realized that i stopped paying -like anyone that isnt getting value for their money would do. Interesting that you appear to have assumed I just kept paying for something I didn't like or see value in...that tells me a lot about your intellect and explains why you didnt see any informative value in my post - you need to have every little detail spelled out for you, otherwise you can't understand reality.

I don't get it. So people would rather not know we might be losing another coach if they don't know who it is? Or they don't like it when someone knows something and they don't?

I say - thanks for the tidbit. I'm sure the rest if the info will come out soon.

Please, sir, may I have another?

I have been on this board for a few years and the attacks on people who post nuggets of info is very disappointing. I feel like there use to be more threads like this, but the personal attacks discourage them. I have come to realize that there are people on here who are very connected and I appreciate the info they share. A close friend of mine was a grad assistant during the Robinson years, I understand the hesitation to post things that you hear. Rambling on sorry, but I don't understand the attacks on fellow posters and find it completely unnecessary.

Halfmooncuse said:
When will the Cliff Notes to this thread be available?

Cliffs - we may have another coach leaving. Thanks to OP for the heads up, even if he couldn't tell us who.

The rest is just garbage conjecture about whether OP should have given us the heads up without telling us the name. Worthless to read further than OP if you ask me.

Dcuse - YOU have been Kasierized and have been found wanting.

The most important question missed by Mr Kasier and every other dope beating up Dcuse is "why this coach is leaving and what "something" can be done to keep him/them here. That "something" I cant disclose but put 2 & 2 together people and use your noodle about what the real issues are with the football program.

By the way - I hate bullies. I won't disclose either what I used to do to them back in the day to defend Dcuse. Keep posting whatever you hear bro!

Last edited:

The most important question missed by Mr Kasier and every other dope beating up Dcuse is "why this coach is leaving and what "something" can be done to keep him/them here. That "something" I cant disclose but put 2 & 2 together people and use your noodle about what the real issues are with the football program.

By the way - I hate bullies. I won't disclose either what I used to do to them back in the day to defend Dcuse. Keep posting whatever you hear bro!
$ ?

I assume you implying they need to "pay the man." Unfortunately, despite all the construction and growth around the University, they have yet to plant an orchard of Money Trees. Or, you may be implying the coach at issue wants a more significant title (which without a raise, is pretty much useless). I guess the coach, whoever he is, will move on.

Oh well; next man up. People act like these guys are nobel physicists. Irreplaceable. Some of these guys make a couple hundred K a year to teach kids how to best run into each other. They went to lower tier state schools where they majored in physical education and criminal justice. I hope they count there blessings every day.

Are they trying to make him part time status so they can push him on to the Obamacare exchanges? Or is he angling for more work life balance and Doc ain't having telecommuting on Thursdays ?

man this thread is riveting -it has everything you want to see in a train wreck-

feel free to continue this asinine blood fest for my enjoyment if nothing else

I am of the opinion that you are F.O.S.

I am of the opinion that you are F.O.S.

Oh I'm soooo hurt by your dopey opinion...aren't you being a little over-dramatic today? I thought we solved that about you in the other thread...

Sooooo, what you're saying is that you can't tell us what's wrong with the football program? And that you can't tell us what you used to do to 'bullies' back in the day (what would that make you?)? Why not? What is holding you back? Are you afraid you will be found wanting?

I'm hearing some rumblings too. Most likely because I ate McDonalds.

Sooooo, what you're saying is that you can't tell us what's wrong with the football program? And that you can't tell us what you used to do to 'bullies' back in the day (what would that make you?)? Why not? What is holding you back? Are you afraid you will be found wanting?

That's my point exactly...and the point of Dcuse starting the thread in the first place. But I too am getting to the point of not posting stuff at all from any of my sources anymore even if they want me to.

Best thing to do if you don't like something is just move on instead of taking posts personally by retaliating and bullying and name calling. Been through this too many times in my life growing up in the inner city and I simply don't like it anymore. These bullies need to be challenged and put in their place when they attack you personally. Kasier got over 50 likes by retaliating against Dcuse - says a lot by those that liked his post as they should go back and unlike his post but it's a free country last time I checked. One way the admins should stop encouraging people like that is to delete this thread entirely otherwise it's going to keep encouraging people to spout off and no one will post any insider tidbits which would be a shame.

You fight bullies but then realize when you stoop down to their level even you become no better than they are - and I should take my own advise and most times I do. But sometimes you just need to call them out. Nuff said - admins should have deleted this thread long ago imo.

The problem with this post and thread is many fold. As you said we need to look at why the coach might be leaving and what can be done to stop it. That can't be answered. Until the unconnected know who is leaving then we dont know why. I know and trust some posters because i can tell they are connected. That is not true for most here though. Too many people post in absolutes when all they are doing is voicing their opinion. My guess is you are implying this is about money -based off here and other threads. But others have stated otherwise so those not connected don't know and would rather have a real answer instead of speculation.

The problem with this post and thread is many fold. As you said we need to look at why the coach might be leaving and what can be done to stop it. That can't be answered. Until the unconnected know who is leaving then we dont know why. I know and trust some posters because i can tell they are connected. That is not true for most here though. Too many people post in absolutes when all they are doing is voicing their opinion. My guess is you are implying this is about money -based off here and other threads. But others have stated otherwise so those not connected don't know and would rather have a real answer instead of speculation.

But isn't that a better discussion than going off on a poster with their tidbit of information. I only have tidbits here and there at times and like you am no insider either. But when someone like Dcuse posts his tidbit, then another posts theirs, then you get to the point where someone can connect the dots to get to the bottom of the issue. Retaliating against Dcuse is simply WRONG.

(and I do have 2 tickets for the upcoming Duke game at Cameron if that tells you or anyone anything)

Last edited:

What he's saying is that SU can't keep coaches because of pay.

Based on Money's post, if a guy wants to leave after having his career jump started, he was out of work the season before, because he had one good year (or had the good fortune to inherit a group that had been really coached up the prior 3 or 4) because he's not making enough, that's not very hardnosed.

But it's a free country and in that profession they are all just year to year, you need to look out for #1.

I think the answer for some is to fire all the non rev coaches, slash their budgets, give them a couple grand and a pat on the head.

That's even after SU spends the third most in D-1 on basketball, and the 26th most in football. And I get for football alot of that is the scholarship costs, which are higher than public schools. My guess is that the ACC windfall will be used in part to make sure coaching budgets for football are on par with their peers, if they aren't already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors