Hell week; Civil War in Bloomington | Syracusefan.com

Hell week; Civil War in Bloomington

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
This might run a little bit long, but I need to put down my nightly scotch to tell people how much I've been dreading and looking forward to this game for the last decade.

Many of you know me, but grew up in CNY. 2 degrees from the Cuse. I've been living in Bloomington, Indiana since June of 2003. Interviewed for my current job the day before we played Texas en route to the national title, watched the game that Saturday from my hotel room. Mentioned this on the board before, but visited an empty Assembly Hall the morning of the game just to check it out (literally walked right in), and hawked a loogie on the floor of the upper deck staring at the '87 banner. I take full credit for exorcising the demons.

Wife graduated from IU with her PhD. Went to a crappy sports school for undergrad (a new member of 's new conference ironically), so IU is her adopted team. Tom Crean and his family go to my church. For as big of a douche as he is on the sidelines, and make no mistake, he is a raging douche, the guy and his family are top notch people in real life. Regular people if there is such a thing. I work with 1000 hardcore IU fans. And every single one of them, and I mean every one, knows I bleed orange. Thankfully I work with a few more Cuse grads (my industry brings them out here), but none are as diehard is jolly old Ragman.

Bloomington is a great little Norman Rockwell town, and I've grown to not hate IU over the years. Mostly because they've sucked for so damn long. Between the disaster that was Mike Davis, to the nuclear bomb that was Kelvin Sampson, to Dakich and Crean, you have no idea how much these fans have suffered. Imagine if we just sucked for a decade. I mean really sucked. That's what IU fans have had to deal with. There was a point just a few years ago where Brnfvrcuse or whatever the F and Brandon Reese could have been the starting backcourt. And that is no exaggeration.

So I'm happy that they are competing again, because the Shadenfreude of watching IU fans suffer wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Water cooler conversation the last decade has basically been a pity party, and that's no fun.

But now IU is pretty good. And the elitist attitude is coming out, even in my closest friends here.
Since I lack a crystal ball, I have no idea when Cuse and IU will ever play again. I have at least another decade of bragging rights on the line in the game. Not just in my own house, but every damn day when I go to work. I can live with a loss in the Elite 8, but this game is a must win. My trashtalk will be legendary this week. Please Orange...I've backed you all these years, do me a solid and back me up on this one. Means almost as much as a National Championship to me.

F Tom Crean
F my co-workers
F my bandwagon spouse
F one of my 2-year old twins whom my wife taught to say "Go IU!" today
F the stress of this week
just because
and please God, if you're up there, F Indiana.
Amen.

Amazing post. Win, lose or draw, it's heartening to know that however I feel about the outcome of this game, it won't mean as much to me as it does to you.

Now I really want a win on Thursday!

Good lord. Scorched earth!

I felt the same way when we played Texas A&M in the tourney... Of course that disaster was mitigated by the fact that most of their moron fans didn't even know they were in the tournament.

And f...... We can't forget you know who. Edit you got UConn in there already .

This might run a little bit long, but I need to put down my nightly scotch to tell people how much I've been dreading and looking forward to this game for the last decade.

Many of you know me, but grew up in CNY. 2 degrees from the Cuse. I've been living in Bloomington, Indiana since June of 2003. Interviewed for my current job the day before we played Texas en route to the national title, watched the game that Saturday from my hotel room. Mentioned this on the board before, but visited an empty Assembly Hall the morning of the game just to check it out (literally walked right in), and hawked a loogie on the floor of the upper deck staring at the '87 banner. I take full credit for exorcising the demons.

Wife graduated from IU with her PhD. Went to a crappy sports school for undergrad (a new member of 's new conference ironically), so IU is her adopted team. Tom Crean and his family go to my church. For as big of a douche as he is on the sidelines, and make no mistake, he is a raging douche, the guy and his family are top notch people in real life. Regular people if there is such a thing. I work with 1000 hardcore IU fans. And every single one of them, and I mean every one, knows I bleed orange. Thankfully I work with a few more Cuse grads (my industry brings them out here), but none are as diehard is jolly old Ragman.

Bloomington is a great little Norman Rockwell town, and I've grown to not hate IU over the years. Mostly because they've sucked for so damn long. Between the disaster that was Mike Davis, to the nuclear bomb that was Kelvin Sampson, to Dakich and Crean, you have no idea how much these fans have suffered. Imagine if we just sucked for a decade. I mean really sucked. That's what IU fans have had to deal with. There was a point just a few years ago where Brnfvrcuse or whatever the F and Brandon Reese could have been the starting backcourt. And that is no exaggeration.

So I'm happy that they are competing again, because the Shadenfreude of watching IU fans suffer wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Water cooler conversation the last decade has basically been a pity party, and that's no fun.

But now IU is pretty good. And the elitist attitude is coming out, even in my closest friends here.
Since I lack a crystal ball, I have no idea when Cuse and IU will ever play again. I have at least another decade of bragging rights on the line in the game. Not just in my own house, but every damn day when I go to work. I can live with a loss in the Elite 8, but this game is a must win. My trashtalk will be legendary this week. Please Orange...I've backed you all these years, do me a solid and back me up on this one. Means almost as much as a National Championship to me.

F Tom Crean
F my co-workers
F my bandwagon spouse
ust because
Amen.

My favorite Syracusefan basketball post of all time!! Hawked a loogie Classic!

F Tom Crean
F my co-workers
F my bandwagon spouse
just because
Amen.

Great article in the paper today. I love the enthusiasm and the contagious ORANGE fever many of us have caught.

Rock the ORANGE loud and proud!! F your co-workers, I hope you can strut your shiit next week while they lick their wounds...

War damn Otto. What is a Hoya? What is a Hoosier? Hoosier daddy? Otto b*tch.

F Tom Crean
F my co-workers
F my bandwagon spouse
just because
Amen.

Here in Texas, I am regarded as a head case of an SU fan in my family (particularly since my wife and in-laws have never really had a decent team to root for--they couldn't believe the iPhone case Mason made for me), and I want us to win tonight very, very badly. But this epic post belongs in the all-time hall of fame, and it has intensified my rooting interest tonight. I would never have thought that possible. For the pee trough campaign, for the humor over the years, and especially for this post and the Waters article, I forgive you everything. Even that Eye-talian-sounding surname. You are the man.

GO ORANGE

F Tom Crean
F my co-workers
F my bandwagon spouse
just because
Amen.
Just read this out loud to my wife and my sister in law who moved to Indiana last year. They wanted to know why I was laughing so hard. An absolute classic all-time post.

The only thing missing was an orange salute to Bobby Knight in the list there at the end.

Bumped because a loss today will mean misery for the 2016 PeeTroughParty Presidential Candidate.

Having met Rags a couple times, I can say I hope he is wearing the Orange Cords.

So, In summation, the color red is for the devil.

I think you need to pay another visit to ASSembly Hall tonight before the game. Don't get arrested or you'll miss the pity party at the water cooler tomorrow.

Good lord, now you are making me feel sorry for Indiana. I can imagine only too well their suffering! But we have to put YOUR suffering at the higher level, so the Universe will surely be looking out for you tonight!

forecast: thunderdunkstorm

10207252-large.jpg

This might run a little bit long, but I need to put down my nightly scotch to tell people how much I've been dreading and looking forward to this game for the last decade. . . . . .

F Tom Crean
F my co-workers
F my bandwagon spouse
just because
Amen.

As an IU grad whose Indiana Crimson has long ago faded to Orange, I feel your passion. I thoroughly enjoyed last year's thrashing; time to declare Warrange on the Whoosiers again!-VBOF

I loathe Indiana -- have since '87 -- with the hit hot burning passion of 1000 suns.

I hope we freaking slaughter them tonight. Again.

The satisfaction I feel from winning tonight won't even scratch the surface of my hatred for the hated Hoosiers.

Let's Go Orange!!!

F Tom Crean
F my co-workers
F my bandwagon spouse
just because
Amen.

I'm not going to quote the whole thing - well done though, VERY well done!

LGO!!!

Epic post!

We are 4-1 all time vs IU and that 1 still hurts(I wont' say smarts) but that post helps ease the pain and you even managed to weave a F UCon in there.

War damn Otto and may your co-workers, spouse and 1 twin walk with their heads hung low in shame tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom