Hello UCONN fans | Syracusefan.com

Hello UCONN fans

Interesting that this is my 1,000th post, so it's fitting it comes about UConn. I was torn about which program I disliked more, UConn, or Gtown. However, reading some of these posts, it's clear the dislike has shifted in Uconn's favor.

It's comical that a bunch of fans of a team that is banned from the tourney because of academics is accusing another school of academic mischief.

On this board, we're actually smart enough to acknowledge there are issues at each and every school. It's the extent the media covers them which leads to perceptions about said school.

So, a school that has had Ben Gordon suit up after beating a girl, multiple drug offenses, been sanctioned by the NCAA in the last 1 1/2, suspended the towel boy for two stars stealing laptops, Wolf arrested, etc. should probably sweep the stones under the porch before they can be thrown by others.

Your program had a great run, we tip our SU caps with the ACC logo on them. We can debate which program has been more successful. You can point to more NCs and start history at 1990, we can point to more consistency and start looking from 1977. However, you are absolutely in denial if you think the outlook for the FUTURE is positive for UCONN. If you polled 100 impartial basketball minds, not a single one would select UCONN over Syracuse when asked "which program will have more success in then next five year, ten years, or 20."

Just a few facts:

-Starting with last year's team that underachieved more than any team I can remember, one that went 8-10 in BE with 0 tourney wins with two first rounders and both of your current backcourt, your program started on a downward trajectory. While you'll probably never be Rutgers, your days of being top 10 are over.

-What about the sanctions the year before?? You cast stones but sanctions and an APR ban in the last 18 months? Yikes.

-Or, how about if and when you have a losing season this year, it will be four years in a row that you didn't have a winning season in the BE.

-Or, how about 2-6 in your last 8 against us.

-Or, how zero more tourney wins this year.

-How about the worst front court in your history with your future teams looking not much better because your recruiting is providence-like.

-How about a team that has the darkest of conference outlooks around - you're lumped in with Prov, Seton Hall, etc. Yes, I'd be optimistic of that.

To summarize:

-You have no chance of winning the BE this year and will have zero wins in the tourney for two years in a row.

-You are 30-34 in your last 64 BE games. We are 52-12 during that same period.

-You are recruiting dudes name Wolf and Giffey, we are recruiting Ennis, Roberson and McCullough.

-We'll be disappointed if we don't make it at least to the E8. Napier will be playing xbox.

-You will be playing Prov, Seton Hall, etc, for the next decade while we continue to play Lou and Pitt and then bring Duke and UNC the dome where 35K watch. You have empty seats for most of your BE games now, what will happen in 5 years?

Hey slow down there chief...I suggest you grab some beer and some JLH ASAP!!!

But also, good job with the research.

Interesting that this is my 1,000th post, so it's fitting it comes about UConn. I was torn about which program I disliked more, UConn, or Gtown. However, reading some of these posts, it's clear the dislike has shifted in Uconn's favor.

It's comical that a bunch of fans of a team that is banned from the tourney because of academics is accusing another school of academic mischief.

On this board, we're actually smart enough to acknowledge there are issues at each and every school. It's the extent the media covers them which leads to perceptions about said school.

So, a school that has had Ben Gordon suit up after beating a girl, multiple drug offenses, been sanctioned by the NCAA in the last 1 1/2, suspended the towel boy for two stars stealing laptops, Wolf arrested, etc. should probably sweep the stones under the porch before they can be thrown by others.

Your program had a great run, we tip our SU caps with the ACC logo on them. We can debate which program has been more successful. You can point to more NCs and start history at 1990, we can point to more consistency and start looking from 1977. However, you are absolutely in denial if you think the outlook for the FUTURE is positive for UCONN. If you polled 100 impartial basketball minds, not a single one would select UCONN over Syracuse when asked "which program will have more success in then next five year, ten years, or 20."

Just a few facts:

-Starting with last year's team that underachieved more than any team I can remember, one that went 8-10 in BE with 0 tourney wins with two first rounders and both of your current backcourt, your program started on a downward trajectory. While you'll probably never be Rutgers, your days of being top 10 are over.

-What about the sanctions the year before?? You cast stones but sanctions and an APR ban in the last 18 months? Yikes.

-Or, how about if and when you have a losing season this year, it will be four years in a row that you didn't have a winning season in the BE.

-How about the worst front court in your history with your future teams looking not much better because your recruiting is providence-like.

-How about a team that has the darkest of conference outlooks around - you're lumped in with Prov, Seton Hall, etc. Yes, I'd be optimistic of that.

To summarize:

-You have no chance of winning the BE this year and will have zero wins in the tourney for two years in a row.

-You are recruiting dudes name Wolf and Giffey, we are recruiting Ennis, Roberson and McCullough.

-We'll be disappointed if we don't make it at least to the E8. Napier will be playing xbox.

-You will be playing Prov, Seton Hall, etc, for the next decade while we continue to play Lou and Pitt and then bring Duke and UNC the dome where 35K watch. You have empty seats for most of your BE games now, what will happen in 5 years?
what a great post.

Normally I like to play nice but you know what...

3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in the last 15 years!

Suck...on...that

Hard to argue with success

Although you are right, until we get into the acc you do have a brighter future. So enjoy it while it lasts

Funny post. Glad you did at least acknowledge Uconn has had a successful program; that can't be denied and anyone who says otherwise is frankly lying or simply blinded by hatred of Uconn.

That being said, the rest is all true. And Marsh somewhere is flipping through his Kate Upton SI swimsuit mag while pounding PBRs, drawing F Uconns all over his walls, and blasting the song "cuse yourself", the SU cover to eminem's "lose yourself". All is well in the world.

Personally I always get a charge out of the rivalry and the bitterness between the fanbases at times. Some of that comes from the fact that the alumni population ( for the most part) comes from some of the same areas. With such a large grouping of folks from the NYC and Boston areas there is bound to be some animosity. Thats what makes it fun as well. I don't think there is a more nasty - foul mouthed sports fan base than you can find in the major mid atlantic and new england cities. As a whole its a lot of good people but judging the typical reaction you get from fans of teams in the south, midwest etc its pretty clear when its game time - we are a nasty bunch. I will never forget some of the OU fans in shock as we proudly spat out the hey song... heh heh heh..

So as a cuse alum- its absolutely . Exchange a few blows - and have a drink about it afterwards. Then do it all over again the next time our teams meet. This is something the Hoya fanbase just doesn't bring to the table. They simply start something then post on a blog how badly they were harassed instead of exacting revenge..

Suck...on...that

Although you are right, until we get into the acc you do have a brighter future. So enjoy it while it lasts
Go back from where you came.

Suck...on...that

with that said, what are you doing here? You aren't here to talk basketball. So...

That being said, the rest is all true. And Marsh somewhere is flipping through his Kate Upton SI swimsuit mag while pounding PBRs, drawing F Uconns all over his walls, and blasting the song "cuse yourself", the SU cover to eminem's "lose yourself". All is well in the world.
That sounds pretty fun...

Suck...on...that

:rolling:

Just a few facts:

To summarize:

I am so proud

God I love UConn hate week.

Minor quibble, why the hell would SHU and Providence play UConn? PC especially has a chance to potentially pass UConn or catch up to it with realignment. Wouldn't be surprised if Conn-U gets frozen out.

Hey, we don't have to say it like that :) No but there was a mix up and there going to recover my account I thought =/

How long have you been out for?

Suck...on...that

I see the Calhooligans made the blotter again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom