Help me...but have we ever had worst... | Syracusefan.com

Help me...but have we ever had worst...

UD1954

Scout Team
guard play defensively at the top of our zone...feel free to refresh my memory.

never. neither Cooney or Joseph can stop anyone. Its tough to watch. And with Rak being told to not foul, we basically give up 3-5 layups a game uncontested down the middle of the paint.

The 2nd halves lately are brutal - teams get any shot they want against us.

Flynn/8-Mile were pretty bad.
But they made up for it on offense. Cooney/Joseph are just bad all around. Cooney, because he's being forced to be an ironman and Joseph because he's just not good.

But they made up for it on offense. Cooney/Joseph are just bad all around. Cooney, because he's being forced to be an ironman and Joseph because he's just not good.

Joseph has shown that he has talent but just needs time. For now though, I would love Boeheim to tell Joseph that if he takes another 3 point shot he will not only be benched but have to sit in the stands for the remainder of the game (with the visitor fans). That would be fitting because when he jacks a 3, he's only helping the other team.

I'm just so glad this thread didn't turn into the typical Joseph can't defend one. It's on both the guards to stop the ball, and the shots, and contest passes as well. They aren't doing good enough in any of those areas. Poaching passes is great, but we need to actually prevent some dribble penetration and contest threes as well.

I know the Cooney army will rip me for this, but I refuse to believe JB can't find a way to sub out Cooney before the media timeouts to give him some extra rest

I know the Cooney army will rip me for this, but I refuse to believe JB can't find a way to sub out Cooney before the media timeouts to give him some extra rest

Not possible.

If G decides to return to school, we're going to see a lot of him up top next year.

They have not been able to stop the little entry pass from the top into the foul line area. I thought they were making progress on that a month ago but haven't been able to get it handled. It really is amazing how devastating that entry is, teams are scoring about 85% of the time the ball gets there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom