Here are your 5th Annual Iggy Award winners: | Syracusefan.com

Here are your 5th Annual Iggy Award winners:

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
The worst part of watching basketball is that the season can end at anytime. I guess that is one of the best parts of March Madness and also one of the worst. And although I didn't major in English is college, I still know it was Charles Dickens who wrote in A Tale of Two Cities, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us...". That quote pretty much sums up what happened this year.

The team reached 30 wins for only the sixth time in program history but for the first time in the last five seasons this team reached double digit losses. This caused a lot of problems with most of the preseason picks and made it more difficult to choose winners. So, without further ado, here are the 2012-2013 Iggy award winners.

Here were the categories and tiebreakers. This year the tiebreaker came into play more than in any season.
1) Regular season record. 23-8
2) Big East season record. 11-7
3) Big East Tournament record. 3-1
4) Post-season record 4-1
5) Leading scorer and how many points per game CJ Fair 14.5 ppg
6) Leading rebounder and how many rebounds per game CJ Fair 7.0 rbg
7) NEW CATEGORY-TIEBREAKER. Player with most minutes per game and how many. Michael Carter-Williams 35.2 mpg.

These stats are from the official SU athletics website, so if there are any disputes, please take them up with the athletic department.

http://suathletics.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbasket&year=2012&

1) Regular season record: 23-8. We had 81 entries this year and not one person forecasted that correctly. We had nine posters who picked 24-7 and one chose 22-9. We had to go to the tiebreaker and of the ten involved, only one person chose correctly chose MCW in the tiebreaker, so the first Iggy of the evening is awarded to Moqui.

2) Big East season record: 11-7. This was our worst catagory for picks. Only one person was even in the ballpark. With a prediction of 12-6, our 2nd Iggy goes to Opus. And, for the record, Opus was also one of the 10 finalist in catagory one, so congrats on some pretty good predictions for Opus.

3) BET record: 3-1. This catagory was very surprising. We had a lot of 3-0 and 2-1's but only two people picked 3-1 (Louie&Bouie and Guy Fawkes) so we had to go again to the tiebreaker. Congratulations to Louie&Bouie with the tiebreaking win for the 3rd Iggy of the evening.

4) Post season record: 4-1. Most of us felt that this season was going to go a lot different than it did. However, this catagory was close to many of the predictions. We had nineteen people pick 4-1 for the post season. Of the nineteen, we also had four who picked MCW as the leader in minutes per game. Congrats to those four: GoHamSU, OrlandoCuse, JasonCuse and Garbs and the winner of the 4th Iggy of the evening is Garbs.

5) Leading Scorer: CJ Fair 14.5 ppg. We had twenty people choose CJ as our leading scorer. Of those twenty, two of them were within .1 of CJ's actual number. You could easily say that this catagory was wrapped on Saturday night. We had 4evaOrange with 14.6 and MadBiker with 14.4. The fifth Iggy of the evening goes to MadBiker who also chose MCW as the leader in mpg.

6) Leading Rebounder: CJ Fair 7.0 rpg. Another terrible catagory for the prognosticators. Only three were able to correctly choose CJ as our leading rebounder. Many had Rak or DC2, but hey, what do we know. Congrats to the three: br801, DeGrozz and Guy Fawkes and the winner of the 6th Iggy of the evening goes to DeGrozz who chose CJ and 7.1 rebounds per game. As a sidenote, we could argue that Guy Fawkes was the "best" of the bunch or as my old boss would say "the cream of the crap". Guy had the correct postseason record and also chose CJ as the leading scorer and rebounder. Very astute and congrats, but there is no Iggy for 2nd place.

7) Minutes per game: MCW 35.2 mpg. We had thirteen people pick MCW for the most minutes per game. This helped some of them in winning tiebreakers, but a lot of us thought it would be Brandon Triche. BT was actually third behind MCW and CJ. Of the thirteen who chose MCW, the winner of the 7th Iggy of the evening and his second Iggy goes to Garbs who picked 35.5 mpg.

Congrats to all the winners and thank you for all the participants. Your trophies are in the mail.

th

I'm amazed 19 people picked us to lose in the final four game when Boeheim had never lost one. Although of course they were spot on

This is the greatest moment of my life. My first IGGY.

Mom, Dad, I have arrived.

Just wanted to bump this for anyone who might not have caught it over the weekend. This was a tough year for picking so great job by the winners.

I had all of those right. I simply chose not to enter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom