Here is what to look for... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Here is what to look for...

My guess is Kadary is who we passed on. I know he never showed up to his tutor sessions when he was a freshman at SU. I don’t really think that’s what Red wants to deal with given the knuckleheads he dealt with on this years team. Given that, I’m fine with passing on him.
I passed on Margot Robbie because she farted once in high school

As far as this years recruiting, we are not done. We are looking for guys that will play for this team this year.
A guard and a forward. They might come from a few different places. I will let you guy's figure that out.
And as for next year's group, I would expect us to get two real good players in the next couple of months.
You already know their names. I don't know if we will go for a 3 person class. Might. But the days of 4 might
be behind us because if those kids don't play, they don't wait around and are on the next bus out of town. Oh, and there was a guard in the portal that some of us might have wanted. We passed on him. For a reason that I don't know.
Thanks Dasher. Not sure how I missed this all day, but it made for good reading between periods of the hockey game. Glad to see Tomcat playing enforcer, a role some of the other great mods also have to take periodically. You guys make the board what is it. Thanks.

10 is maybe too many.

And if he's serious, he can't have a 5 on 5 practice without using walk-ons.

That will be GREAT training for the NBA.

10 is maybe too many.
This year we started the year with thirteen, with Patterson (I keep wanting to call him Dash Riley, for some unknown reason) planning a redshirt, Westry out for injury, and Hima with his issues.

So call it 10. We then had two season ending issues, with McLeod and Williams. We finished with 8 and a bunch of guys playing or of position and couldn't defend anybody in the post. And that was starting with 4 centers and a combo 4/5 on the roster. I suppose if you have the right 10, you could get by... But starting the season with only 9 or 10 is a recipe for having a 6 man rotation halfway through the season if you suffer bad enough luck.

My guess is Kadary is who we passed on. I know he never showed up to his tutor sessions when he was a freshman at SU. I don’t really think that’s what Red wants to deal with given the knuckleheads he dealt with on this years team. Given that, I’m fine with passing on him.
Lol

This year we started the year with thirteen, with Patterson (I keep wanting to call him Dash Riley, for some unknown reason) planning a redshirt, Westry out for injury, and Hima with his issues.

So call it 10. We then had two season ending issues, with McLeod and Williams. We finished with 8 and a bunch of guys playing or of position and couldn't defend anybody in the post. And that was starting with 4 centers and a combo 4/5 on the roster. I suppose if you have the right 10, you could get by... But starting the season with only 9 or 10 is a recipe for having a 6 man rotation halfway through the season if you suffer bad enough luck.
which is why a full roster should be a non-negotiable

maybe all 13 cant be bona fide or all ready to shine ...but at least have 13 ncaa sized players that can fill-in if needed and do the basics like play defense, defend the post rebound etc

Sorry to keep the inside information discussion going but if people with sources quit the board because someone asked them to reveal their sources, maybe they were a little too sensitive. E.g. In this case, Dasher answered the question and also did some tutoring without becoming dramatic and at this point, doesn't appear to have quit the board.

I thought the people that quit did so because people responded by telling them their info was bad and they were FOS (often after some HS kid changed his mind about where he wanted to go to college).

As far as this years recruiting, we are not done. We are looking for guys that will play for this team this year.
A guard and a forward. They might come from a few different places. I will let you guy's figure that out.
And as for next year's group, I would expect us to get two real good players in the next couple of months.
You already know their names. I don't know if we will go for a 3 person class. Might. But the days of 4 might
be behind us because if those kids don't play, they don't wait around and are on the next bus out of town. Oh, and there was a guard in the portal that some of us might have wanted. We passed on him. For a reason that I don't know.
I’m really intrigued by sadiq white but am i wrong to think we don’t seem like his top choice? Also wonder if we get Tyler jackson for point or Nigel James

I just wanna know what Dash's real name is...enough of this username stuff.

Thanks as always, brother.
His real name is Dasher.

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

I never post, but have read everything ever posted here, and I just want to say how much I appreciate these posts. As a matter of fact, I love the cryptic nature of the stuff our insiders are nice enough to post. It like a suspense novel, trying to figure it all out is half the fun of coming here. Who wants the ending spoiled??

I was told a few months ago that Tyler has already told family members he had committed to Syracuse. I chalked it up to maybe a misinterpretation - or that he thought he’d commit or they were the likely destination. But it came from a close enough family member that I still wonder if he was a quasi silent commit.
Imo, one of the players has to be a PG. We’re in a good position with several really good PGs for 2025. Tyler Jackson would be a phenomenal get, and that would be my guess for one of them. Kiyan could be the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom