heres what i dont get about K's presser | Syracusefan.com

heres what i dont get about K's presser

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
"Matt made a great play, and he wasn’t rewarded. He made a great play, and it’s amazing. It’s literally amazing. … God bless america. "

What great play did he make??? He went after a loose ball! If thats a great play, then malachi made an even greater play since he went after a loose ball and actually got it. Or maybe K meant that the great play was matt jones flailing his arms wildly to get a whistle. "Great play matt! Just like i taught you!" Ugh

You know who made a great play mike? Cj fair when he drove baseline and elevated over your flopping defender for what should have been a game winning and 1. Check that, it wasnt a great play, it was amazing.

Ive said on here alot that i never root for duke under just about any circumstances. And some people say oh gotta root for your conference, coach k is a class act, him and jb are besties and blah blah blah. Maybe after last nite those people will change their tune a little bit, duke!!!!!

"Matt made a great play, and he wasn’t rewarded. He made a great play, and it’s amazing. It’s literally amazing. … God bless america. "

What great play did he make??? He went after a loose ball! If thats a great play, then malachi made an even greater play since he went after a loose ball and actually got it. Or maybe K meant that the great play was matt jones flailing his arms wildly to get a whistle. "Great play matt! Just like i taught you!" Ugh

You know who made a great play mike? Cj fair when he drove baseline and elevated over your flopping defender for what should have been a game winning and 1. Check that, it wasnt a great play, it was amazing.

Ive said on here alot that i never root for duke under just about any circumstances. And some people say oh gotta root for your conference, coach k is a class act, him and jb are besties and blah blah blah. Maybe after last nite those people will change their tune a little bit, duke!!!!!
I don't know - if I was Matt's coach I'd tell him to hit the weight room, don't give up on a play and to stop publicly fantasizing about bite marks.

I've come to the conclusion he is just a sad, tired, angry old man. The video of him scolding the poor, bald bureaucrat is pretty telling, even his own students were cringing at his pathetic ranting. The thrill is gone for him, considering the difficult trial this season will put him through. He knows that this was a winnable game, but he is on his way to a terrible year by their standards. He came off as a pathetic whiner last night, it was pretty uncomfortable to witness.

I've come to the conclusion he is just a sad, tired, angry old man. The video of him scolding the poor, bald bureaucrat is pretty telling, even his own students were cringing at his pathetic ranting. The thrill is gone for him, considering the difficult trial this season will put him through. He knows that this was a winnable game, but he is on his way to a terrible year by their standards. He came off as a pathetic whiner last night, it was pretty uncomfortable to witness.
I'm thinking he may have back issues in his immediate future.

upload_2016-1-19_13-24-49.jpeg
This one goes out to you Mike !

You could say the same thing about other coaches.

I think he was referring to the arm flail. Not only was it perfectly executed (without reward) but he hit Trevor in the mouth so he had a neato bite mark to show the reporters.

And he wasn't rewarded for it!! AMAZING!!!

K thinks any "great" play by his players deserve to be rewarded, ie, Duke gets rewarded with foul shots, the ball what have you. Not all great plays get rewarded. And it was not that great a play. Just 2 guys going after the ball. Or 2 guys making equally great a play, canceling out each other. Oh wait, a great play by duke ALWAYS gets rewarded, regardless.

Just a baby venting. Disappointing that a legendary coach is willing to stoop to a sports-message-board-poster level but so be it.

K thinks any "great" play by his players deserve to be rewarded, ie, Duke gets rewarded with foul shots, the ball what have you. Not all great plays get rewarded. And it was not that great a play. Just 2 guys going after the ball. Or 2 guys making equally great a play, canceling out each other. Oh wait, a great play by duke ALWAYS gets rewarded, regardless.
Hold on their big fella. Equally great? One guy collapses and the other guy tracks down the ball. It was awesome is it was.

Hold on their big fella. Equally great? One guy collapses and the other guy tracks down the ball. It was awesome is it was.
Basic physics. F=MA. The bigger of the 2 guys moving at equal speed provides the biggest force. Both kids made "great" attempts, the smaller kid lost.

He meant "play" as in dramatic acting after getting the ball ripped out of his hands by Malachi. I think the duke-holes are just so used to referees calling the game their way they had a total meltdown when any judgment call doesn't go their way. At the very least it was a jump ball and the possession belong to Syracuse at that point.

In terms of ever rooting for duke, I totally agree with you. duke!!!! Duke is like UCONN or Georgetown on a-hole steroids.

I think he was referring to the arm flail. Not only was it perfectly executed (without reward) but he hit Trevor in the mouth so he had a neato bite mark to show the reporters.
The flailing guy never would have made it in the Big East
Teeth marks weren't enough.
There had to be blood to get the foul call.

Meanwhile the refs generally did a nice job in not taking any bait and letting the players play on.

That explains why Duke is struggling this year!! Coach K has lowered his expectations if that was a great play... And if he did get his normal Cameron end-of-came bull call, there was only 5 team fouls on SU, Duke would have still had only 2 seconds to score. Coach K is just making sure he gets the next 200 end-of-came bull calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom