Class of 2015 - Hey Anomander | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Hey Anomander

Don't know if it was out of nowhere. He did visit Michigan State last year

its out of nowhere in that he likely was not going to Pitt until Narduzzi. Will visit Oregon this weekend though.

I'll edit the post. Narduzzi just landed Saleem Brightwell.

Last edited:
He's landed some nice prospects in McKee, Stocker and now Brightwell.

But 3 of his last 4 commits, on paper, look like MAC recruits at best. Just food for thought.

But 3 of his last 4 commits, on paper, look like MAC recruits at best. Just food for thought.
Yep, I noticed the same thing. No other offers or non-P5 offers for some.

Can you imagine what this board would be like if that happened to SU?

When I first stated Narduzzi was doing a good job, it was in comparison to what Syracuse did when Shafer he took over. I think both coaches are comparable, being highly respected DC's, who have coordinated and one at the highest level. Plus this isn't even a Shafer vs Narduzzi thing, but a Cuse vs Pitt. We all saw what happened to Marrone's class when he left. It was decimated, and we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for any and anybody. Narduzzi in just a few weeks landed 3 highly touted kids. I was expecting there class to take a hit, maybe not as bad as ours did, but similar. This is just a bit shocking.

anomander said:
When I first stated Narduzzi was doing a good job, it was in comparison to what Syracuse did when Shafer he took over. I think both coaches are comparable, being highly respected DC's, who have coordinated and one at the highest level. Plus this isn't even a Shafer vs Narduzzi thing, but a Cuse vs Pitt. We all saw what happened to Marrone's class when he left. It was decimated, and we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for any and anybody. Narduzzi in just a few weeks landed 3 highly touted kids. I was expecting there class to take a hit, maybe not as bad as ours did, but similar. This is just a bit shocking.

Yeah - but Narduzzi was just at a very high profile job where he was one of the known factors in their national success. Shafer was coming off a good year by our standards - but not really known nationally.

Without any detailed knowledge of Narduzzi's personal recruiting skill, it seems to be a simple case of Pitt being an easier sell than Syracuse at the moment.

Yeah - but Narduzzi was just at a very high profile job where he was one of the known factors in their national success. Shafer was coming off a good year by our standards - but not really known nationally.

He personally recruited some of the kids that flipped, or at least Brown. What more can you ask for? And ya I know where is Brown now? For all we know all of these kids Narduzzi recruited could flop, but he is showing he can pull highly regarded kids, and if you do that over the long haul you'll have a much better chance at winning.

Without any detailed knowledge of Narduzzi's personal recruiting skill, it seems to be a simple case of Pitt being an easier sell than Syracuse at the moment.

Yes, this was my point.

Yes, this was my point.

By the same token, what's happened to Wisconsin since Paul Chryst? Kids commit and decommit largely because of coaches. And good recruiters recruit well everywhere. I think even accounting for our less than perfect memories we all have noticed what a difference Acosta has made in NJ over Moore. When Moore was here people were tripping over themselves to make excuses for him, mainly about how badly the place he was selling held up against the competition. The reality was that he wasn't very good at his job.

By the same token, what's happened to Wisconsin since Paul Chryst? Kids commit and decommit largely because of coaches. And good recruiters recruit well everywhere. I think even accounting for our less than perfect memories we all have noticed what a difference Acosta has made in NJ over Moore. When Moore was here people were tripping over themselves to make excuses for him, mainly about how badly the place he was selling held up against the competition. The reality was that he wasn't very good at his job.

I definitely agree with that. I believe in the James Franklin school of thinking where he wants to have ace recruiters all over his staff. You figure most coaches that reach this level know what they're doing when it comes to teaching the game, and if there is a small difference, then the better talent they would bring in usually makes up for it. Just as long as you have a solid OC, DC, and OL coach, i'd take a coach who has an established territory all day, everyday.

anomander said:
I definitely agree with that. I believe in the James Franklin school of thinking where he wants to have ace recruiters all over his staff. You figure most coaches that reach this level know what they're doing when it comes to teaching the game, and if there is a small difference, then the better talent they would bring in usually makes up for it. Just as long as you have a solid OC, DC, and OL coach, i'd take a coach who has an established territory all day, everyday.

I'm not going to fully disagree... It's just that Franklin had kind of a horrid first year, where it looked like his QB regressed.

I'm not going to fully disagree... It's just that Franklin had kind of a horrid first year, where it looked like his QB regressed.

He did, but give it a few years, and see what happens. He has a recruiting class full of studs right now.

Hackenburg's regression was definitely a head scratcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom