Hilliard (good news) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hilliard (good news)

Just show up at his house with the whole coaching staff - **** the NCAA

Anyone realize this? All these future, disgruntled Rutgirls recruits can transfer to Cuse and only sit a year hopefully starting July 2013. :D

Great get, especially in light of Brantley's departure. If we could land JPO, very sweet indeed, because he could easily grow into a DT. Looking back, the Z-Jones pick-up is now looking very smart indeed. He, too, is big, fast and agile. I think one of the recruiting services has him the #49 JUCO in the the country. Very impressed with the DL recruits, even if we don't land another one there.

Now what a nice surprise. This takes the sting off of the Brantley loss. Damn I hate wasting time posting things on kids who end up giving us the stiff job.

I really like what I saw in the tape posted on the other page. He's an average O-Linemen, but the kid gets after it at DE. He looks like he has great instincts and pursuit, he'll be a regular in Shafer's "camera club". Great explosion off the ball and leverage (something he seems to struggle with on offense for whatever reason), good hand play, and seems like a strong kid with the way he keeps separation from the OL and can disengage. Also looks to have a great frame, can easily get up to 280. Potential for legit NFL size.

He might not be quite the freak athlete that Brantley is, but the kid can play.

I really like what I saw in the tape posted on the other page. He's an average O-Linemen, but the kid gets after it at DE. He looks like he has great instincts and pursuit, he'll be a regular in Shafer's "camera club". Great explosion off the ball and leverage (something he seems to struggle with on offense for whatever reason), good hand play, and seems like a strong kid with the way he keeps separation from the OL and can disengage. Also looks to have a great frame, can easily get up to 280. Potential for legit NFL size.

He might not be quite the freak athlete that Brantley is, but the kid can play.

Yes, Brantley was what I wanted regarding some interior strength and quickness but getting Hilliard certainly is great news. 6' 5" is nice and those extra inches are assets in taking away the throwing lanes.

Upgrade from Brantley?

I actually like both alot as high upside prospects but Hilliard is certainly in an area of greater need. Anyone know if the coaches have given up on Brantley as lost cause at this point?