History Repeating | Syracusefan.com

History Repeating

CNYGuy

Walk On
I hope I’m wrong about this, but I’m old enough to remember when P was fired people wanted him out, trashed him on the way out the door (as a coach, not a person) and faulted the program’s fall on him.

When Doug left - his decision - people acted like he was easily replaceable.

people ignored seemingly real issues that were developing under P and have continued since. In both cases, the next guy was way worse.

Hope history isn’t repeating itself here with Dino, considering when he raised alarm bells on NIL, people said it’s just the excuse machine. Maybe it gets better, maybe it doesn’t. But maybe we should listen to the guy and fix it instead of just churning the coaching carousel to the next guy.

I hope I’m wrong about this, but I’m old enough to remember when P was fired people wanted him out, trashed him on the way out the door (as a coach, not a person) and faulted the program’s fall on him.

people ignored seemingly real issues that were developing under P and have continued since. In both cases, the next guy was way worse.

Hope history isn’t repeating itself here with Dino, considering when he raised alarm bells on NIL, people said it’s just the excuse machine. Maybe it gets better, maybe it doesn’t. But maybe we should listen to the guy and fix it instead of just churning the coaching carousel to the next guy.

does it really matter. Its just time for a new direction / change regardless of the landscape.

It could be argued that a younger guy is better equipped for the new age.

Feel better?

Sometimes you just have to get things off your chest.

Wildhack addressed NIL & transfers pretty specifically in his press conference. I was glad to hear him be that candid, and listing examples.

Maybe it's not as bad as Dino says, but I don't see the logic of extending him and continuing to pay him $4M-$5M per year even if we did have to figure it out.

Feel better?

Sometimes you just have to get things off your chest.

Wildhack addressed NIL & transfers pretty specifically in his press conference. I was glad to hear him be that candid, and listing examples.

Maybe it's not as bad as Dino says, but I don't see the logic of extending him and continuing to pay him $4M-$5M per year even if we did have to figure it out.

I watched. Thought his examples sucked to be honest. Don’t care that JaHad isn’t playing at Ohio State. He would have helped us.

Head in the sand.

P needed to go as he had a ton of talent but always had underperforming teams.

You can’t get any worse than 2nd to bottom in the conference in conference play. I’ll take last in the conference if it means we tried to do something.

I’ve seen it said on this board that eight years of being a P5 coach wears on a person. I think that is reasonable to assume of Coach P and Dino. It doesn’t say anything about them except it’s a tough job with very challenging expectations & I can see how that would wear on a person. Sometimes a young person’s energy is important.

Coach P went 39-33 in his last six years (post-McNabb) with 3 bowl bids.

Replacement #1 went 10-37
Replacement #2 went 25-25
Replacement #3 went 14-23
Replacement #4 went 41-55.

Now we're on Replacement #5.

In 4-5 years we'll be discussing Replacement #6.
Ps statue when we get to replacement #10 will be saddam Hussein sized

Dont get me started. I was probably the only one back in the day screaming from the hills we hired a complete moron to replace P and got crucified.

“The stars aren’t aligned or the gods are malign”

Blame is better to give than receive

I think it was time to move on from Dino regardless. He had his shot. Time for another to give it a ride. I think his critique of NIL may be valid, but it comes across as an excuse if you don’t do the other things well.

Take out Covid (I know I know some think we can't take out Covid) and the final 6 seasons of the Dino era is similar to the final 6 of the P era. One great season, 2 other bowl games (assuming we beat Wake).

The landscape and reasons may be different, but the results are similar.

Maybe we just need to accept its who we are. But I still wouldn't pay Dino that much money for it.

At least this time we made the decision at the proper time, not in late December.

P won and could coach.

Dino did neither

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom