HOF Trivia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HOF Trivia

Yep, they should just elect those guys and get them out of the gridlock. I'm also of the belief that Pete Rose should be in the HOF, because what he did as a player makes him Hall worthy.

Here's the way I look at the Hall: can you tell the story of baseball without this player? When it comes to Rose, Bonds, Clemens, and McGwire, no, you absolutely cannot. Just because you choose to ignore issues doesn't make them go away.

I'm beginning to come around on Rose, to be honest. For a long time I wanted him nowhere near the hall. I don't feel as strongly about that as I used to.
At least in his case he wasn't on the ballot so he wasn't taking votes from anyone.

The people who didn't submit a full list of 10 guys this year; what are you thinking?

I'm beginning to come around on Rose, to be honest. For a long time I wanted him nowhere near the hall. I don't feel as strongly about that as I used to.
At least in his case he wasn't on the ballot so he wasn't taking votes from anyone.

The people who didn't submit a full list of 10 guys this year; what are you thinking?
The thing that drives me the MOST insane with these ballots is the people who refuse to vote for someone because it "isn't their time" yet. That's such BS. If you think a guy is worthy to be in the HOF, freaking vote for him when he's eligible. Don't intentionally ignore him because you are trying to send a message about WHEN you think he deserves to get in.

Here's a really morbid way to look at it: let's say that (insert the name of a surefire HOF player, don't want to put bad mojo on anyone specifically) is basically a lock for the HOF, but some stubborn writers decide to leave him off the ballot because it "wasn't his time yet." In a tragic accident, this guy is killed in a car accident. Because those writers are so freaking stubborn, this guy who deserved his moment in the sun was denied that, and so was his family, because the voters were sending a stupid message.

Thank goodness that's never happened (to my knowledge) but I mean, come on. Life is short. Stop being jerks. Vote in the people who deserve to be in and quit dicking them around.

And it clogs up the ballot. And the first ballot hall of famer thing shouldn't be a thing. You're a hall of famer or you aren't. Craig Biggio didn't get any more hits this year.

Man the HOF voting process just kills me. Just let me do it.