Holy Ben Lewis, Batman | Syracusefan.com

Holy Ben Lewis, Batman

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
Somehow... somehow, Ben Lewis found a way to be involved in the following:
  • Have a thread on Syracusefan.com highlighting him and mentioning that he was a gamer that needed the ball more a few days before the Louisville game kicked off.
  • Had what looked like a solid TD catch (to the point that T Hunt fist pumped it in celebration) on a third down that would have given the 'cuse an early touchdown, only to have it knocked out at the last second... do we ever have players who just make that play?
  • Had a great catch and run on a long play... but of course, gets tackled at the one yard line instead of freaking just punching it in with a dive and stretch (seems like our entire team hits the one yard line wall.
  • Had an actual TD catch that was negated by a penalty (as per usual)
  • Has a soft duck thrown to him on a trick play that left him wide open, that he was not close to catching... at all. It hit his shoulder pad about 2 feet above his hands for goodness sake.
Bizarre game for the kid, I hate that it feels like we cannot just make that one high level difficulty play when it counts.

P.S Steve Ishmael had the best catch of the season... how the deuce is he not in on every offensive play?! I'm no expert, and I know we need good blockers, but come on, he's a dynamic playmaker that we need to get the ball to.

Somehow... somehow, Ben Lewis found a way to be involved in the following:
  • Have a thread on Syracusefan.com highlighting him and mentioning that he was a gamer that needed the ball more a few days before the Louisville game kicked off.
  • Had what looked like a solid TD catch (to the point that T Hunt fist pumped it in celebration) on a third down that would have given the 'cuse an early touchdown, only to have it knocked out at the last second... do we ever have players who just make that play?
  • Had a great catch and run on a long play... but of course, gets tackled at the one yard line instead of freaking just punching it in with a dive and stretch (seems like our entire team hits the one yard line wall.
  • Had an actual TD catch that was negated by a penalty (as per usual)
  • Has a soft duck thrown to him on a trick play that left him wide open, that he was not close to catching... at all. It hit his shoulder pad about 2 feet above his hands for goodness sake.
Bizarre game for the kid, I hate that it feels like we cannot just make that one high level difficulty play when it counts.

P.S Steve Ishmael had the best catch of the season... how the deuce is he not in on every offensive play?! I'm no expert, and I know we need good blockers, but come on, he's a dynamic playmaker that we need to get the ball to.

They have hit that skinny post to Ishmael multiple times this season, why they go away from it after it works I don't know. He makes one catch a game and disappears.

Ben Lewis is a below average WR. Yet, compared to the awfulness we've been subjected to, we somehow think he's good.

He's slow and not very clutch apparently, just because he does his job aka catch passes, doesn't mean he's a "gamer".

They have hit that skinny post to Ishmael multiple times this season, why they go away from it after it works I don't know. He makes one catch a game and disappears.

Maybe he only knows the one play?

Ben Lewis is a below average WR. Yet, compared to the awfulness we've been subjected to, we somehow think he's good.

He's slow and not very clutch apparently, just because he does his job aka catch passes, doesn't mean he's a "gamer".

And yet he taken multiple short and intermediate passes and turned them into 3o, 4o yard plus plays. That's what slow below average guys do all the time.

Just like Joe Girardi of the Yankees. Player gets hot, and he takes him out to rest him.

I guess you thought Lemon was below average as well.

I think he's decent. He had some bad moments yesterday, but otherwise he's been a bright spot.

Ben Lewis is the typical kind of player SU gets. Slow...slow...slow. He wouldn't make the squad at 4/5 of ACC schools. I still can't believe he couldn't get to the end zone on that reception with an open path in front of him. He runs like a giraffe. Never mind the drop.

Now I'm more convinced than ever that people don't actually watch entire games or know as much as my wife about football.

Ben Lewis is the typical kind of player SU gets. Slow...slow...slow. He wouldn't make the squad at 4/5 of ACC schools. I still can't believe he couldn't get to the end zone on that reception with an open path in front of him. He runs like a giraffe. Never mind the drop.
He does run weird. A lot of our guys do though. It's so odd. When you watch someone like erv who runs normally it almost seems strange.

I do think though that he could be a useful slot guy. He seems big enough to be a TE. Reminds me a little of Ed mccaffrey

And yet he taken multiple short and intermediate passes and turned them into 3o, 4o yard plus plays. That's what slow below average guys do all the time.
When there's a clear path or they have to make one guy in an open field miss, yes.

You guys have a really watered down view of what a playmaking above average WR is.

I guess you thought Lemon was below average as well.
Lemon was better than Lewis. Just stop. We have one WR who can make a catch and everyone freaks out like whoaaaa we got ourselves a gamer here.

Exactly. I'm confused by his post. He's the only WR all year to show any YAC

When there's a clear path or they have to make one guy in an open field miss, yes.

You guys have a really watered down view of what a playmaking above average WR is.

Here's a newsflash, it you dont' have guys on the roster who can score from anywhere on the field, you work around it. Kid gets open and catches the ball and gets solid yards after the catch, flubbed WR reverse passes not withstanding.

Here's a newsflash, it you dont' have guys on the roster who can score from anywhere on the field, you work around it. Kid gets open and catches the ball and gets solid yards after the catch, flubbed WR reverse passes not withstanding.
Newsflash: If he was this above average playmaker people try to make him out to be you wouldn't need to scheme him open.

He's fine, but he's our best WR and he's mediocre at best. Do you guys watch other teams? We have one of the worst WR units in football and Ben Lewis is the best of the worst. Awesome.

Lemon was better than Lewis. Just stop. We have one WR who can make a catch and everyone freaks out like whoaaaa we got ourselves a gamer here.

Stop what. Simple question which you didn't answer and then followed it up by accusing me of stating an opinion I never stated. Typical post from you.

Stop what. Simple question which you didn't answer and then followed it up by accusing me of stating an opinion I never stated. Typical post from you.
I quoted you and answered you. I said Alec Lemon was better than Ben Lewis.

Ben Lewis isn't bad but he's not above average. Who else would he start for in the ACC, never mind be the top target?

He would be a fantastic 3rd WR but your WR1 and WR2 should be above average talents, that he is not.

I quoted you and answered you. I said Alec Lemon was better than Ben Lewis.

Ben Lewis isn't bad but he's not above average. Who else would he start for in the ACC, never mind be the top target?

He would be a fantastic 3rd WR but your WR1 and WR2 should be above average talents, that he is not.

For the love of god, he's a rotational player, who said he was a starter here. Nobody is claiming he's all ACC. Doesn't mean there is any reason to run him down.

longislandcuse said:
Newsflash: If he was this above average playmaker people try to make him out to be you wouldn't need to scheme him open. He's fine, but he's our best WR and he's mediocre at best. Do you guys watch other teams? We have one of the worst WR units in football and Ben Lewis is the best of the worst. Awesome.

Who on earth ever tried to make him out to be a playmaker?

He's a contributing WR who had one really bad play.

We don't have a playmaker and that is the problem. But no one is trying to invent one with a guy like Lewis.