Holy Ben Lewis, Batman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Ben Lewis, Batman

They have hit that skinny post to Ishmael multiple times this season, why they go away from it after it works I don't know. He makes one catch a game and disappears.
Because McDonald wants to run every play in his playbook instead of saying "hey that's working, lets keep doing it until it stops." He's like a kid with too many toys, just moves from one to the other with no rhyme or reason behind it.

I would love to hear him explain his pointed philosophy on what he's trying to establish during individual drives. I honestly don't think he has a great offensive IQ, because it just seems like he figures if he throws the kitchen sink something good will happen at some point. It's depressing and aggravating all at the same time.

GoSU96 said:
Here's a newsflash, it you dont' have guys on the roster who can score from anywhere on the field, you work around it. Kid gets open and catches the ball and gets solid yards after the catch, flubbed WR reverse passes not withstanding.
I'm tiring of the playmaker stuff. It's not all wild long tds for good offenses.

I'm tiring of the playmaker stuff. It's not all wild long tds for good offenses.

Damn straight. You think the only football people see is Baylor against UB and old Oakland Raider films.

The talent and capabilities on this roster are better than 6, 9, and 20 pts in the last three games.

The fact that they had a play call that gave Hunt the option to check out of it into a toss sweep and the 1/2 yd line tells me there is something wrong beyond the QB.

Hunt hasn't earned the right and shouldn't have been put into that position.

The fact that they get into the redzone after the INT and they can't get a play in on time tells me there is something wrong beyond the QB.

I quoted you and answered you. I said Alec Lemon was better than Ben Lewis.

Ben Lewis isn't bad but he's not above average. Who else would he start for in the ACC, never mind be the top target?

He would be a fantastic 3rd WR but your WR1 and WR2 should be above average talents, that he is not.

I don't disagree with that. It's his first year playing for us though and I think he has a similar skill set as Lemon and potentially more speed, or at least has caught balls with the ability to run after the catch. But no, I don't think he's amazing but I think he's at least average and possibly in time he could be above average.

I was merely disagreeing with your first post about him.

Damn straight. You think the only football people see is Baylor against UB and old Oakland Raider films.

The talent and capabilities on this roster are better than 6, 9, and 20 pts in the last three games.

The fact that they had a play call that gave Hunt the option to check out of it into a toss sweep and the 1/2 yd line tells me there is something wrong beyond the QB.

Hunt hasn't earned the right and shouldn't have been put into that position.

The fact that they get into the redzone after the INT and they can't get a play in on time tells me there is something wrong beyond the QB.

The fact that Hunt WOULD check off to a toss sweep tells me more about Hunt than the OC.

The fact that Hunt WOULD check off to a toss sweep tells me more about Hunt than the OC.

He's coached to see fronts, alignments, check the safety, probably what he saw triggered his change. My guess is he was coached to make the call if he saw what he did. He's not just going up to the line and sayin F*** it, let's run the toss.

That would be unacceptable and should get you benched immediately.

The onus is on the OC to put the player in the best possible position to succeed, and one of those ways is to not call plays that can lead to decisions like that.

GoSU96 said:
Damn straight. You think the only football people see is Baylor against UB and old Oakland Raider films. The talent and capabilities on this roster are better than 6, 9, and 20 pts in the last three games. The fact that they had a play call that gave Hunt the option to check out of it into a toss sweep and the 1/2 yd line tells me there is something wrong beyond the QB. Hunt hasn't earned the right and shouldn't have been put into that position. The fact that they get into the redzone after the INT and they can't get a play in on time tells me there is something wrong beyond the QB.
And getting long plays isn't our problem. Cfbstats as usual has the rankings. 26th in 20 plus 38th in 40 plus. 41st in 50 plus

I don't think people watch enough games

Bad OC average QB weak WR equal F..it

And getting long plays isn't our problem. Cfbstats as usual has the rankings. 26th in 20 plus 38th in 40 plus. 41st in 50 plus

I don't think people watch enough games

No F***in

If we are on the same page, boom, there's the consensus.

The brain lock at the +30 , the +1. or -1 ain't with the QB, as rough as he may be.

All I had to see was the derailment first time in the red zone to know that Kool Kid was still overwhelmed.

He isn't Pariani bad, that was biblicly epic, but he's holding this team back.

D must have put some hex on the coaches box because other than KR and NH that place has been where careers go to die.

They have hit that skinny post to Ishmael multiple times this season, why they go away from it after it works I don't know. He makes one catch a game and disappears.

if Ishmael was 10 feet tall, he would have a few more catches.

I quoted you and answered you. I said Alec Lemon was better than Ben Lewis.

Ben Lewis isn't bad but he's not above average. Who else would he start for in the ACC, never mind be the top target?

He would be a fantastic 3rd WR but your WR1 and WR2 should be above average talents, that he is not.
You realize he's actually our #6 WR. You've got Estime, Broyld, West, Flemming, and Ishmael all above him.

You realize he's actually our #6 WR. You've got Estime, Broyld, West, Flemming, and Ishmael all above him.
Not sold on Estime. Broyld is killing us being out, he's pretty legit. West and Flemming should be nowhere near the top of anyone's WR depth chart. I absolutely want to see more Ishmael.

Not sold on Estime. Broyld is killing us being out, he's pretty legit. West and Flemming should be nowhere near the top of anyone's WR depth chart. I absolutely want to see more Ishmael.

Yeah, West has been a problem.