holy crap anyone see the end of that game! | Syracusefan.com

holy crap anyone see the end of that game!

What a finish, never forget that one.

The defensive player hit Aaron Rodger's facemask more than grabbed it, that's a tough penalty to take if you're the Lions in hindsight.

Ironically, it was Richard Rodgers the receiver who lateraled/passed it to AR the quarterback who then returned the favor on the next play.

Last edited:
What a finish, never forget that one.

The defensive player hit Aaron Rodger's facemask more than grabbed it, that's a tough penalty to take if you're the Lions in hindsight.

Ironically, it was Richard Rodgers the receiver who lateraled/passed it to AR the quarterback who then returned the favor on the next play.
and more irony, his dad they said was involved with "The Play" in the cal stanford game from the 80's I assum with the laterals.

Secondary was also BEHIND the receivers in the end zone

One wonders if FHCDB was still in the building to see the finish.

Dear Phil Simms you moron you can say it wasn't a facemask and the NFL won't get you fired. Between Collinsworth/Simms we have two gutless color commentators afraid to question when bad calls are made.

It wasn't a facemask with the said Detroit you can't let that pass get caught so you deserve that ending. GB made the play after non-penalty.

Jim Nantz does a better job analyzing the calls the paid color analyst. Can Rex Ryan just stop coaching and go into the booth please. He could be the next Madden.

How long do we need to wait until Dungey pulls off a Hail Mary like that against Clemson or FSU?
Hopefully Dino installs that play in the spring.

I remember in the Super Bowl the Bears player the Colts. Urhlacher was rushing Manning, Manning throws the ball and Urlacher jumps in the air to swat it down. He misses the ball, lands on his feet in front of Manning making no bodily contact but a few of his fingers swiped the side of Mannings helmet as his arm came down and he was called for 15 yard penalty. Think they called contact to the head. NFL refs can be terrible.

I remember in the Super Bowl the Bears player the Colts. Urhlacher was rushing Manning, Manning throws the ball and Urlacher jumps in the air to swat it down. He misses the ball, lands on his feet in front of Manning making no bodily contact but a few of his fingers swiped the side of Mannings helmet as his arm came down and he was called for 15 yard penalty. Think they called contact to the head. NFL refs can be terrible.
This Lions player didn't touch Rodger's head at all. His thumb grazed the facemask but didn't stay or force him down. In the old days this could have been the incidental 5 yard facemask but that wasn't a 15 yard penalty.

Lions though were idiots on the Hail Mary so they deserved what they got. With that said NFL officials suck and the NFL being cheap about not wanting full-time officials is a joke with the money they make.

This Lions player didn't touch Rodger's head at all. His thumb grazed the facemask but didn't stay or force him down. In the old days this could have been the incidental 5 yard facemask but that wasn't a 15 yard penalty.

Lions though were idiots on the Hail Mary so they deserved what they got. With that said NFL officials suck and the NFL being cheap about not wanting full-time officials is a joke with the money they make.

I haven't had a chance to see the replay but I don't doubt that's what happened. Inconsistency from game to game is ridiculous. With more scrutiny it almost seems they are getting worse.

I turned the freaking game off after one play inside the two minute warning....

It was implied by alsacs to me that Hail Marys don't have a shot of happening in the NFL hence why Watkins not being ruled out of bounds with to stop the clock didn't matter. Weird.

it was a face mask, not sure a split second finger grab was worthy of a penalty.. but in real time on tv it looked bad, not sure anything but slow mo could have told a different story.

Probably shouldn't have been called but have to remember the refs are watching it in real time with no replay. I had to see a replay to make sure on that one. I'm no defender of NFL referees. It's been horrific this year, but there have been much worse calls over the last several weeks that NFL should be more concerned about imho

It was implied by alsacs to me that Hail Marys don't have a shot of happening in the NFL hence why Watkins not being ruled out of bounds with to stop the clock didn't matter. Weird.
Bill Belichick isn't a moron like Jim Caldwell. He wouldn't have put 2 DBs on the boundaries on an unntimed down.

NFL officials suck. Good troll job though.

it was a face mask, not sure a split second finger grab was worthy of a penalty.. but in real time on tv it looked bad, not sure anything but slow mo could have told a different story.
If the NFL had the old incidental 5 yard facemask that could have been called. However they only have the PF 15 yd one where you have to tug the player down with it.

It just shows the NFL should make all calls reviewable.

If the NFL had the old incidental 5 yard facemask that could have been called. However they only have the PF 15 yd one where you have to tug the player down with it.

It just shows the NFL should make all calls reviewable.

I agree more calls should definitely be reviewable. I wonder what their tv partners would feel about that though because it would lead to longer games and screw up the tv time slots.

Being a Lions fan is a horrible way to spend my existence. Add in the Orange futility the past 15 years and I'm starting to wonder why I even watch football anymore.

It's kind of hard to tell if his finger/thumb actually came off the lower bar even in slow motion. If the ref sees it he would and should have called it. It doesn't show the angle where they ref was standing when he threw the flag.

Then again I switched channels just a few plays before.

Being a Lions fan is a horrible way to spend my existence. Add in the Orange futility the past 15 years and I'm starting to wonder why I even watch football anymore.

Bills fan here. I hear ya...

To be fair, it looked like a facemask at full speed. I don't blame the refs for calling it, but yeah, it clearly wasn't a facemask when you slow it down and zoom in.

The refs that called the penalty were the head Ref(white hat) and the Side Judge. The ref with the best view the umpire didn't throw a flag.

I just don't see the face mask. Give credit to GB thought they shouldn't have won anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom