Holy Cross coming in 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross coming in 2019

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Orange Football Adds Holy Cross to 2019 Schedule (Cuse.com)

The Syracuse football program has added a home date with Holy Cross in the 2019 season. The Orange will welcome the Crusaders to the Carrier Dome on August 31, 2019. It will be the 29th meeting between the two programs and first since 1973. Syracuse leads the all-time series 23-5.

It's the second non-conference opponent for the Orange in 2019. Syracuse is set to travel to Maryland that year, as well. The Atlantic Coast Conference portion of the schedule includes Boston College, Clemson, Pitt and Wake Forest at home, and road games at Duke, Florida State, Louisville and NC State.

The comments on the PS site re: Holy Cross are so uninformed it makes my head hurt.

A better choice than Maine, this at least gets us some exposure in a larger market.

OrangeTarheel said:
A better choice than Maine, this at least gets us some exposure in a larger market.

BC hardly gets exposure in the Boston market. Holy Cross doesn't get any.

I don't even care about exposure, I don't ever want to see Maine and their bush league cheap shots ever again.

OrangeTarheel said:

Worcester?

Not looking forward to the rematch of the 1973 barnburner? (Hint: we won! 5-3)
That was one awful, pathetic game from a time when Syracuse was really spiraling down (Ben's last year). As bad as last season was, it was nowhere near as bad as 1973.
The Good News is that we got better!

Scan0002.jpg

This will be the revenge game for Gordie Lockbaum costing Don McPherson the Heisman in 1987.

Just a mere 42 years later.

REVENGE!
Some sportwriter's wet dream imagining himself as Lockbaum.

kirbivore said:
what D1-AA would you rather play? (i refuse to use the new terminology)

Definitely have to play an FCS team, but HC just seems like a boring choice. I don't know. Albany, Delaware, New Hampshire, an Ivy.

rrlbees said:
Definitely have to play an FCS team, but HC just seems like a boring choice. I don't know. Albany, Delaware, New Hampshire, an Ivy.

Definitely not New Hampshire. They're really good.

Thank God it's being played at the Dome and people don't lose out on a home date! But, honestly, debating what FCS team we schedule is absolutely pointless.