Holy Cross coming in 2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross coming in 2019

No issues from me on Holy Cross...a traditional opponent from the Schwartzwalder era.

Worcester is about 4 hours away...I suspect at least 500 of their fans to travel to the game. More than Pitt.

No issues from me on Holy Cross...a traditional opponent from the Schwartzwalder era.

Worcester is about 4 hours away...I suspect at least 500 of their fans to travel to the game. More than Pitt.

or storz

Remember that we're talking about what is supposed to be a one-off "gimme" game. I'd enjoy seeing a rotation of Holy Cross, Colgate, Army and maybe Buffalo. Those games would put butts in the seats. I'd also include Villanova and Delaware, but they are perennial 1-AA contenders and just might whip our ass at this point in our revival.

Remember that we're talking about what is supposed to be a one-off "gimme" game. I'd enjoy seeing a rotation of Holy Cross, Colgate, Army and maybe Buffalo. Those games would put butts in the seats. I'd also include Villanova and Delaware, but they are perennial 1-AA contenders and just might whip our ass at this point in our revival.

But Army and Buffalo are 1A/FBS teams.

But Army and Buffalo are 1A/FBS teams.
True, but with the exception of Buffalo the last couple of years, they play like 1AA teams.

True, but with the exception of Buffalo the last couple of years, they play like 1AA teams.

But you can't get Buffalo or Army to come to the Dome for a one-off game like you can with a true FCS team. Those days are gone.

Ivy's don't schedule FBS teams anymore.
Not true (see Yale vs Army in 2014). Ivies just don't count towards bowl eligibility, because they don't give out *any* football scholarships.