Holy | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

I don't think we want to play the game where we attack things people heard that turned out to be incorrect.

im fine playing it when its based on irrational statements. saying 12 hours after this incident that boeheim is hanging it up, is irrational. and im not using hindsight in saying that.

GOOD CALL BRO!
Bush post!

He didn't make a call. He repeated what he heard. Might even have been true at the time. If you want info (it's why many of us come here, not to one - up people), make your own decision and move on. Don't glorify yourself in a flourish of hindsight.

im fine playing it when its based on irrational statements. saying 12 hours after this incident that boeheim is hanging it up, is irrational. and im not using hindsight in saying that.

And you mischaracteized what the OP said.

Ok. Hear me out. I get that the TNT guys are basically like part of the larger hoops fraternity but watching it, it’s still making my skin crawl.

I know this is national news because of the high profile nature of college basketball coaches, particularly a select few at power programs like ours, but part of me wishes that the national media would let this go. It feels really weird to me, despite the kind words from the TNT guys.

Whenever there’s a tragedy, it seems like everyone’s opinion needs to be heard, when in actuality, it really doesn’t.

Last edited:
And you mischaracteized what the OP said.

not at all. op said considering retirement. clearly wasn't the case when he decides the next day he is coaching the next game.

edit: i guess i forgot the word considering.

Last edited:
Bush post!

He didn't make a call. He repeated what he heard. Might even have been true at the time. If you want info (it's why many of us come here, not to one - up people), make your own decision and move on. Don't glorify yourself in a flourish of hindsight.

i explained this in my last post. i called it bs from the beginning. if the guy had a source, it went like this:

guy 1 "did you hear jb got into an accident?"

guy 2 "yes, thats horrible"

guy 1 "i know. really sad. must really weigh on a person. imagine if it could lead to a retiring"

guy 2 "you never know. these things are difficult"

next conversation

guy 2 "hey, did you hear about jb"

guy 3 "yea, what a tragedy"

guy 2 "i know. guy 1 and myself were saying that. we were wondering if jb would hang it up after something like that"

guy 3 "wouldn't surprise me at all"

next conversation

guy 3 "hey did you hear about jb"

guy 4 "no what happened"

guy 3 "[describes events]. guy 2 was saying jb could retire"

guy 4 "wow, that is just awful."

next conversation

guy 4 "hey did you hear about jb. heard he's considering retirement."

guy 5 "yea i saw that on the news. really sad. hope jb doesn't go out like that."

guy 4 "me too"

then the rumor is established. the fact is there is just noway the morning after this occurred, 12 hours or so, that was on jb's mind. just not rational imo. if you want to disagree with that point fine. but its my opinion, and im entitled to one.

i think its fine to criticize someone if they share something as speculative as that in wake of a tragedy. again, my opinion. feel free to disagree or argue an alternative perspective. i encourage it.

Last edited:
i explained this in my last post. i called it bs from the beginning. if the guy had a source, it went like this:

guy 1 "did you hear jb got into an accident?"

guy 2 "yes, thats horrible"

guy 1 "i know. really sad. must really weigh on a person. imagine if it could lead to a retiring"

guy 2 "you never know. these things are difficult"

next conversation

guy 2 "hey, did you hear about jb"

guy 3 "yea, what a tragedy"

guy 2 "i know. guy 1 and myself were saying that. we were wondering if jb would hang it up after something like that"

guy 3 "wouldn't surprise me at all"

next conversation

guy 3 "hey did you hear about jb"

guy 4 "no what happened"

guy 3 "[describes events]. guy 2 was saying jb could retire"

guy 4 "wow, that is just awful."

next conversation

guy 4 "hey did you hear about jb. heard he's considering retirement."

guy 5 "yea i saw that on the news. really sad. hope jb doesn't go out like that."

guy 4 "me too"

then the rumor is established. the fact is there is just noway the morning after this occurred, 12 hours or so, that was on jb's mind. just not rational imo. if you want to disagree with that point fine. but its my opinion, and im entitled to one.

i think its fine to criticize someone if they share something as speculative as that in wake of a tragedy. again, my opinion. feel free to disagree or argue an alternative perspective. i entourage it.
Sorry. Didn't realize you were an expert on what people think right after their car ends someone's life.

Ok. Hear me out. I get that the TNT guys are basically like part of the larger hoops fraternity but watching it, it’s still making my skin crawl.

I know this is national news because of the high profile nature of college basketball coaches, particularly a select few at power programs like ours, but part of me wishes that the national media would let this go. It feels really weird to me, despite the kind words from the TNT guys.

Whenever there’s a tragedy, it seems like everyone’s opinion needs to be heard, when I’m actuality, it really doesn’t.

1. The TNT video was from 8 PM last night. When it was still national news.

2. Barkley is personal friends with Jim and Juli. He's allowed to express his support for Jim.

1. The TNT video was from 8 PM last night. When it was still national news.

2. Barkley is personal friends with Jim and Juli. He's allowed to express his support for Jim.

Yes, I know Barkley is close friends with the Boeheims. I know it was still national news as of 8pm last night. I guess there’s just a part of me that’s possessive of our little corner of the world that wishes it WASN’T national news.

Is that crazy??

that's not always the case. speaking from experience (don't want to go into details), it is also possible to slip into auto pilot for an extended period
I would say that autopilot is involuntary. You “slip into” it. You don’t choose it.

Nevertheless, potato, potahto, the bottom line is that something horrible happened and I am sorry something horrible happened to you. :(

Didn’t need to hear from that future NCAA violation
Word is before he went to Stewart’s decision night he checked with SU compliance. I don’t think we have to worry about him being a “future NCAA”; now, whether or not he should be talking about stuff like this in the media is a different discussion

It’s good I think he and JB have been friends since he came to the 315 to do the Fritatta Challenge episode of Man v Food.

are you confusing him with adam ritchman? or were you kidding?

I was joking because every time I hear his name I think Adam Richman for some reason.

Jim is a big boy and the AD doesn't strike me as someone who would shy away from course correcting a friend of the program. If Jim and the AD don't have issues with it the fanbase shouldn't. You will know if they did because you won't see "issues" like this again. If we do then it's not an issue to Jim and JW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom