Holy | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

Weird that Franco had a terrible post on this subject. There aren't too many opinions that he offers here that aren't awful.

Anyway, a close friend of mine lives in South Bend and was driving home from work one night. She was pregnant at the time. Driving through an intersection, in which she had the green light, a Notre Dame grad student on a bicycle ran the red light and she hit and killed her. It was an extremely tragic situation and she took it incredibly hard, even though it was not her fault at all. Prayers to both the victim's family and to JB.

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read on this forum...and that's saying a lot.

There was a story about the Red Sox pitcher who gave up the Bucky Dent HR in 1978 that he was in a bar and screamed "I'm off the hook!" after the Buckner through the legs play in 1986. The prior dumbest post is now off the hook.

Not to take anything away from a death, but lots of questions I'm sure others are wondering too.

Will he take time off from coaching? College Game Day will be here in 48 hours. Will JB be on the set with Jay Bilas talking about the season and team? Will he do the special with Coach K in the studio like they always do?

Unfortunately I think a civil suit is more likely to occur. No secret in town JB has a lot of money, and also unfortunately, many people who lose loved ones go after some $ when criminal penalties aren't an option.

Really sad and unlucky situation for all involved.

I'm JB has plenty of liability insurance coverage

I guess people are probably right that you should stay in the car but I was in an accident in the middle of the highway at night. All I could think of was people slamming into the back of us going 60. I got out of there as soon as there was a break in the traffic.

if he did nothing wrong he should coach Saturday.
While I never have been in this type of tragic situation, I can imagine the high level of stress involved with any accidental death and how it would weigh heavily on any person involved. Now add the additional stress level that comes with coaching a game like the upcoming Duke game so soon after the accident. I could understand if Jim (or anybody) stepped back from coaching on Saturday. It is just one game out of the thousand plus that he coached.

He is only human and this accident would cause a lot of stress on anyone. My sympathy goes out to Coach and to the other people and their families involved in this accident.

Thank goodness no one else was hurt.

Specifically Jim - as I’m sure he probably got out of the vehicle after the incident and was probably at major risk himself until emergency responders arrived.

Ugh!

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Let’s get more information as it is released.
Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.
This is where you chose to go with this. Unbelievable.

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.
Unbelievable. How do you live with yourself?

Shame on you

Very tragic. This happens a lot more then most people think.
I almost got in an accident at the exact same spot last week. Driving east on 690 right there and boom a snow plow up above on thompson road above blows by and deposits a huge amount of snow crashing down onto my car and windshield so heavy it took a few swipes to get the snow off such that I veered and almost lost control going off the road side left. SCARY, so who knows what happend.

Not to take anything away from a death, but lots of questions I'm sure others are wondering too.

Will he take time off from coaching? College Game Day will be here in 48 hours. Will JB be on the set with Jay Bilas talking about the season and team? Will he do the special with Coach K in the studio like they always do?

Even though this appears to be an honest and tragic accident, there's just something about him appearing on Gameday (which naturally involves joking around and hamming it up with Bilas, etc.) that makes me uncomfortable. I know many will disagree and that's fine.

I could see JB not missing any games but he should probably not attend Gameday.

Even though this appears to be an honest and tragic accident, there's just something about him appearing on Gameday (which naturally involves joking around and hamming it up with Bilas, etc.) that makes me uncomfortable. I know many will disagree and that's fine.

I can't envision any circumstances where JB would be hamming it up on Saturday, either pre-game or afterwards -- regardless of outcome.

Under the circumstances, I'd expect ESPN and the rest of the sports media to report on it, but to give him space because nobody is going to expect him to discuss it until after the game. And at that point, I'd expect a similar press conference to what we saw after the Florida game in 2011.

It will be handled appropriately on all sides.

Let’s not get into playing the moral games here and say whether or not JAB should attend Gameday or coach the game.

All that literally needs to be said is that this is a tragic situation and I’m sure no one feels worse than JAB himself. That’s it. Nothing else needs to be said.

I agree, could be a bad look if he's on ESPN smiling 2 days after this happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom