Holy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Let’s get more information as it is released.
Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.

tragedy. No other ways to look at it. I suspect he is not coaching this weekend now

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.

Absolutely not necessary for this post. My parents are nearly that age and both are fine drivers. He ain't 90.

Horrible take.

OMG this is so bad , I don’t even know what to say.

That's horrific.

To add on to what Cherie said, people, when you see a car/vehicle pulled off the side of the road, and you can safely do it, move your vehicle over to the middle lane.
He may have been just entering onto 690 after the game on the way home, speeding up trying to merge looking away for a second and if it's icy and for Gods sake the poor guys in the road in icy conditions then that's a potential classic avenue for a tragic accident. Wouldn't be surprised to see a moment of silence for the victim. So sad.

What on earth possessed you to make this post, under the circumstances?

There is zero in your take that I agree with.

What happened is horrific a man is dead, it doesn't get much worse. That said JB still has to move forward with his life, not coaching on Saturday makes zero sense.

Dude cmon man.

Wait. He’s capable of coaching d1 basketball at a high level but he can’t drive at night?

Jesus

"Let's get information and not speculate, but until we get more information, I'll speculate."

Literally everyone here is saying that it's a horrible event for everyone, especially the deceased and his family. But the family and those involved on the other side of these accidents feel a different type of pain. Accidentally killing someone has been a fear my entire life. I can't imagine living with that guilt and pain.

Stuuuupid take, geez. Do yourself a favor, and us, and anyone checking in here, delete that post.

This is truly your worst post ever.

It's going to be everywhere - people are going to make jokes - it's terrible for all involved

just a ridiculous take

Worst post I’ve ever seen on this board

I disagree on both of your main points.

First, people handle these things differently. Some of us would be back at work the next morning, some of us wouldn't. Says absolutely nothing about a man's character or level of sensitivity.

Second, there are plenty of good drivers JB's age and older. He quite vital for a man his age, as evidenced by the fact he's still at the top of his field.

What happened is horrific a man is dead, it doesn't get much worse. That said JB still has to move forward with his life, not coaching on Saturday makes zero sense.
All I’m saying is don’t be surprised if he takes some time off to deal with this. Would you go right back to work the next day?

Dz8IkenWkAIKw1P.jpg:large

SPD will be issuing an amended release, since the accident actually happened Wednesday Feb 20.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom