Home Opener Attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Home Opener Attendance

Why Coyle did this I have no idea. What is the benefit to the school of doing that?

Agreed. Just about every team in the country announces "tickets distributed", not even sold. My local AHL team regularly reports attendance of 5,000 when there might be 3,000 actually in the building. But 5,000 tickets were out there to be used, if people so chose!

SU should use the biggest # possible to report publicly. Use the real number internally.

I'm thinking were at about 20K last year for seasons and we had a better then 90% renewal. Add 3700 and it looks like about 2700 new seasons...
If my season tickets #s are too high we ate getting at least close to 2000 more. That's great news !!!! With the freshmen tickets we are looking at hopefully high 30s for Friday. If we impress we could top 40 for the Cards

It's going to be gorgeous and Fla GA line are playing same time down the road, as well as beautiful fair weather and that will keep 'fair weather's fans away

Say what you will but that will keep numbers down a bit

I think it will take impressive Colgate win, and beating Ville to see good crowd for USF

Announced attendance:
I was speaking with dometix rep last week. I asked how sales were going this year, she said, "Extremely well." Wouldn't give details.

David Hale ‏@DavidHaleESPN 36m36 minutes ago
Dino Babers has convinced fans despite barely talking about the actual team on the field. It’s brilliant.

obi-wan.jpg

Does Colgate bring any fans? Would think this would be a fun novelty to get to see their team play in the dome.

Also, who are the 10% of last year's season ticket holders that didn't renew? Of all times to not renew your tickets over the last 15 years, you pick this year when an exciting style of play is FINALLY coming back?

Bet Colgate brings more than Rutgers or storz. Admittedly that's a very low bar.

It's going to be gorgeous and Fla GA line are playing same time down the road, as well as beautiful fair weather and that will keep 'fair weather's fans away

Say what you will but that will keep numbers down a bit

I think it will take impressive Colgate win, and beating Ville to see good crowd for USF

This is a great point. I have several coworkers who are season ticket holders. But are all going to the fla ga line show Friday.

My guess is announced 39k. Actual butts 34k

kirbivore said:
Bet Colgate brings more than Rutgers or storz. Admittedly that's a very low bar.

And Louisville. They're good for about 25 humans wearing red next Friday.

For all of you that choose college football over bro-country this Friday night, you're ok in my book.

Colgate would bring more fans on a Saturday, but they're still hosting a tailgate and bringing busses up. Should be a thousand people, give or take.

For all of you that choose college football over bro-country this Friday night, you're ok in my book.

What is Florida/Georgia Line. In what universe is anyone picking that over the opening game of the season for a Power 5 team with a new coach and a high flying offense. God help us.

girlfriends and wives are going to see fgl and the guys have to choose wisely on this one. they really have no choice.

What is Florida/Georgia Line. In what universe is anyone picking that over the opening game of the season for a Power 5 team with a new coach and a high flying offense. God help us.

it's the old happy wife happy life slogan...

it's the old happy wife happy life slogan...

Poppycock. Girls night out. Say it with me......Girls night out and you buy the tickets. There are ways around things. Personally I went drastic and found Wife 2.0 although the install process is still in place, getting wife 1.0 completely out of the registry is a mess. Wife 2.0 prefers the season opener!!!

Winning.jpg

Country? Really country? I mean it's country music. Uhgg...worst music ever.
About 100 million middle aged folks disagree with you on that... #RapSux

BTW, I'm guessing 35,321 announced

About 100 million middle aged folks disagree with you on that... #RapSux

BTW, I'm guessing 35,321 announced
100,000,000 - 1 maybe...I prefer stuff that ain't noise pollution. #GoodSense

Really don't think the FGL/Syracuse Football vs Colgate crowds have much overlap. Would prob only cost a couple hundred people. I'll guess 37k announced

Someone bought my 2 tickets so those seats will be filled!! I put them on for $44. That did the trick.
Linda...until the bandwagon heats up...undersell a bit to make the quick sale...IMHO

Country? Really country? I mean it's country music. Uhgg...worst music ever.[/QUOTe

I use country music for my alarm in the morning. It guarantees I get out of bed and run across the room to turn it off. I am never late to work;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom