Hoosier Fan/Compliments & Your Basic Hello | Syracusefan.com

Hoosier Fan/Compliments & Your Basic Hello

Hoosier1987

Walk On
Dear Orange Fans:

When it comes to message boards you have some fans who just love to talk trash; however, I am not that person because I just love college basketball. Let me dive right on in...

Your coach is a legend and a stubborn person by all accounts but I just love the dude. What he has done at Syracuse over the years has been nothing short of amazing. Your gym is always packed and your fans are as rowdy as they come when I see them on ESPN. If he retires due to the NCAA crap I will be pissed because he makes college basketball better for the fan. I guess since the NCAA did not catch UCLA Syracuse may have to pay the price!

I have watched your team over the years and I find myself pulling for your squad during the Big East games. I truly thought you would beat Louisville; however, the refs let football take the place of basketball in the 2nd Half and that was that for the game. Your team deserved a #2 seed in the tourney but heck that is just my opinion. Thus, today IU will face a #2 seed in the Round of 16 and I can thank the NCAA for that one.

That State of Basketball in the college game bothers me today because too many teams want to play football and thanks to Bo Ryan and Rick Pitino the game I love has started to look like crap. That is why I love your transition game and the fact that you can pull ahead on a team by 20 points without thinking twice. Therefore, I hope if you all have to get a new coach he keeps the game moving versus killing the shot clock.

Now let's just jump into this match-up that takes place later tonight...

IU has had problems all season in the games that were not your traditional Top 10 contests. When everything has been on the line our team has shown up to every single game. Last weekend our boys believed they would walk into the game versus Temple and win by 20 without showing up. Our heads were not in that game and I almost stroked out before turning 30.

I have no doubt our boys will show up for this game because when the lights are shining the brightest that have not missed a game this season. Your zone is excellent and will present challenges; however, we will create contact and that may frustrate your players. After the poor showing against Temple our team will be too focused to fail in this contest tonight.

Basketball is basketball so anything can happen in this game we all love! I look forward to playing your squad in this prestigious game and will be ready for a great game.

Thank you for the pleasure of posting on your esteemed forum and please be nice to our fans as they are passionate and sometimes a little crazy about basketball.

1987-2013

Thanks for the post! I too am one that just loves college bball as a whole. I have watched a few of your games this year and I believe if our offense shows up we are in for a really good game. I am interested to see how we try to take Zeller out of the equation. I believe our guards are skilled enough and long enough to disrupt your backcourt. Our d has been solid all year so I hope we can lock your offense down and disrupt you on transition.

All fan bases have some crazy in them.

Dear Orange Fans:

When it comes to message boards you have some fans who just love to talk trash; however, I am not that person because I just love college basketball. Let me dive right on in...

Your coach is a legend and a stubborn person by all accounts but I just love the dude. What he has done at Syracuse over the years has been nothing short of amazing. Your gym is always packed and your fans are as rowdy as they come when I see them on ESPN. If he retires due to the NCAA crap I will be pissed because he makes college basketball better for the fan. I guess since the NCAA did not catch UCLA Syracuse may have to pay the price!

I have watched your team over the years and I find myself pulling for your squad during the Big East games. I truly thought you would beat Louisville; however, the refs let football take the place of basketball in the 2nd Half and that was that for the game. Your team deserved a #2 seed in the tourney but heck that is just my opinion. Thus, today IU will face a #2 seed in the Round of 16 and I can thank the NCAA for that one.

That State of Basketball in the college game bothers me today because too many teams want to play football and thanks to Bo Ryan and Rick Pitino the game I love has started to look like crap. That is why I love your transition game and the fact that you can pull ahead on a team by 20 points without thinking twice. Therefore, I hope if you all have to get a new coach he keeps the game moving versus killing the shot clock.

IU has had problems all season in the games that were not your traditional Top 10 contests. When everything has been on the line our team has shown up to every single game. Last weekend our boys believed they would walk into the game versus Temple and win by 20 without showing up. Our heads were not in that game and I almost stroked out before turning 30.

I have no doubt our boys will show up for this game because when the lights are shining the brightest that have not missed a game this season. Your zone is excellent and will present challenges; however, we will create contact and that may frustrate your players. After the poor showing against Temple our team will be too focused to fail in this contest tonight.

Basketball is basketball so anything can happen in this game we all love! I look forward to playing your squad in this prestigious game and will be ready for a great game.

Thank you for the pleasure of posting on your esteemed forum and please be nice to our fans as they are passionate and sometimes a little crazy about basketball.

1987-2013

Thanks for stopping by. It sure will be a good game, can't wait to get it started. I think the first 4 minutes will the story of the game, how you deal with our zone, and when it extends out. And if we can hit shots and make smart plays.

Dear Orange Fans:

1987-2013

Enjoyed your post very much, but please change your name. Any other year besides 1987 will work. :)

Tonight can't get here soon enough.

Zeller is my biggest concern. There's a shock, right. Not for his ability to score, but the likelihood that he will get our big guys to pile up fouls. I do think IU will see some Coleman in there at some point just to give Rak and Baye a chance to keep from fouling out. I just hope that IU subs out Zeller enough to get him in.

This just looks like one of those tight games to me that goes overtime. I like JBs success rate against Crean, and in tight games.

Yeah, except that part about the "gym".

"Gym"? Really?
A basketball court with two locker rooms is a gym. Sounds about right to me

Thanks for the respect. We're looking forward to playing you guys. You have a great team. Victor scares me. Guy is a pro.

Dear Orange Fans:

you may not be an aggressive trash talker...

but you are either delusional or ignorant if you dont believe that the name that you chose isn't at the very least, passive trash talking at its finest.

Dear Orange Fans:

1987-2013

I ran this through my Hoosier to English translator, and it came back as "We beat your ass in 1987, we will do it again tonight. Your crappy BE league is not real basketball, and as our obnoxious fans taunt you tonight with the clock winding down on an IU victory, be happy you still have a HoF coach."

Let's get it on!

I ran this through my Hoosier to English translator, and it came back as "We beat your ass in 1987, we will do it again tonight. Your crappy BE league is not real basketball, and as our obnoxious fans taunt you tonight with the clock winding down on an IU victory, be happy you still have a HoF coach."

Let's get it on!

Wow...

Enjoyed your post very much, but please change your name. Any other year besides 1987 will work. :)

Tonight can't get here soon enough.
At first I thought his/her choice of name was a deliberate middle finger pointed straight at SU fans. As I made it to the end I relaized it is likely their birth year so I'm going to excuse them for that. Still don't make it right though.

Thanks for stopping by, I know a lot of Cuse fans are excited about the matchup theres a lot of respect for Indiana here but also a lot of friendly trash talk. Should be a great game.

Well Hoosier1987, the way I see it is like this. If a fan of another team comes to a syracuse board talking smack, expect to be smacked back. I'd expect that if syracuse fans talked smack on a hoosier bball board, they'd get smacked back. I figure as long as everyone uses the following rule on any message board they'd be okay:

* Pretend the message board you're visiting is a bar that supports the opposing team, and is where all the opposing teams fans go.

* If you said what you typed in the bar, will it get you punched?

* If "yes," keep your mouth shut/don't type it.

* If "no," then you're probably ok.

- I've went by this rule for as long as I can remember, and haven't been punched in a bar, nor had bad experiences on another teams message board. Go Griz! Go Orange!

Zeller is my biggest concern. There's a shock, right. Not for his ability to score, but the likelihood that he will get our big guys to pile up fouls. I do think IU will see some Coleman in there at some point just to give Rak and Baye a chance to keep from fouling out. I just hope that IU subs out Zeller enough to get him in.

This just looks like one of those tight games to me that goes overtime. I like JBs success rate against Crean, and in tight games.
I had the same initial thought. If Zeller is able to get our bigs in foul trouble, we're in for a long game, because he's a 75% FT shooter and we have a habit of putting aggressive bigs on the line often. If James is hot, the game will stay close anyway though.

Would be interesting to see if JB goes after Zeller early with Rak. Rak's confidence was high in the BE tourney and he could really have a positive impact on this game.

1st- Respect for being Indiana University not University of Indiana so the only school that does refer to yourselves correctly as IU like we call ourselves SU. (The media should really call Oklahoma and COlorado UO or U of O etc and not OU I don't know why that ignorance is allowed/encouraged.)

2nd- I agree your team will show up. I just hope that the good efforts you have had in the big games this year you can't really match and were only because it was in the always overrated Big Ten. I am glad we aren't playing Michigan though I'd rather play you than them.

3rd- I think we have the athleticism to handle Zeller and Oladipo. I think the zone will play well. What I think determines this game is if you hit the long 3s you will launch late in the clock. Sheehy, Hulls, Watford, and Oladipo all like to hit tough shots. We saw a Wisconsin team pull bullshit shots out of their ass last year in the sweet 16 and you are perfectly suited to doing the same so we might see the maybe best team (other than us) in America doing the same Wiscy did last year hitting bs 3s and getting calls. Will be tough to win if thats the case.

4th- I expect a fun high intensity game. I think we're the best team in America both ways when we shoot and play good D. So hope thats the case and we roll.

Anyways thanks for the good post and good luck!

You type in a civil tone and put down trash talking but your screen name Hoosier1987 says f**k you guys.

By the way hoosier daddy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom