Hop getting shredded | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hop getting shredded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys under estimate the losses to UCLA and Cal. They will have NETs north of 100. Sure UW can turn it around, but to start 1-3 and not even play any of the top 5 teams is not good. Cal will likely finish bottom two in the conference and UCLA in the bottom four of the conference.
Where are you hearing these things. You said originally message boards are you referring to Hardcore husky? That place is a dumpster fire and they have no people on there who know what they are talking about. I live in Seattle and most of my friends are Husky people and I have not heard the level of what you are saying. I'm not saying you are lying I'm just saying I haven't heard it. I have heard some level of disappointment regard the way this season is turning out as some people were hoping for a big step forward. I have not had a single person criticize the zone or the defense at all or really Hopkins in a major way. Going into the season most people I knew who I respect said we are excited about this team but we could really use another shooter or two as we are still going to struggle at that. Most of those same people now are saying that same thing again.

Gosh seems like Seattle’s uncomfortable hot this time of year.

Where are you hearing these things. You said originally message boards are you referring to Hardcore husky? That place is a dumpster fire and they have no people on there who know what they are talking about. I live in Seattle and most of my friends are Husky people and I have not heard the level of what you are saying. I'm not saying you are lying I'm just saying I haven't heard it. I have heard some level of disappointment regard the way this season is turning out as some people were hoping for a big step forward. I have not had a single person criticize the zone or the defense at all or really Hopkins in a major way. Going into the season most people I knew who I respect said we are excited about this team but we could really use another shooter or two as we are still going to struggle at that. Most of those same people now are saying that same thing again.

The scout boards. It’s super active but you do have to pay for it.

And we do? Everytime we lose a game, we get a half a dozen threads on it's time for the coach to retire, step down, get fired..whatever you want to call it...
I mean...it was time he retire about 4-5 years ago

But one and dones have not done well at UW. We have had a lot of them, a lot more than you guys. I don't think we've ever made the dance with a one and done. Tony Wroten...missed. Spencer Hawes...missed. Fultz...missed. Dejounte Murray and Chriss...missed...Stewart and McDaniels...looking like a miss.
I wouldn't be sure you have had "a lot more" one and dones than Syracuse.

Carmelo, Donte Greene, Tyler Ennis, Chris McCullough, Malachi Richardson.

How about two and dones?

Fab Melo, Dion Waiters, Michael Carter-Williams, Jerami Grant, Tyler Lydon, Oshae Brissett

Do we want Hop back?

Who knows?

What are the alternatives? When we see the list of who is available, interested and affordable we'll see where Hop ranks on that list (if he is even interested).

So dawgman. I'm not a member myself.

Yeah. It’s a really active board, more football than hoops though. But very active during basketball season, especially once football is over. Hardcore Husky is a joke.

He was great the last two seasons, but fans are concerned. For one, he succeeded with Romar's recruits. Nowell, Thybulle, Crisp, Dickerson, etc. all Romar guys. His guys haven't exactly panned out (Wright, Naz, etc.). This is the first year where it has really been Hop's recruits, and it isn't working out.

Some are putting Quade Green's ineligibility on Hop. That is up for debate. Either way it's not a good look for the program.

He's getting a lot of criticism for not trusting the younger guys. He continues to play a struggling Wright instead of Roberts.

There is a lot of concern about the future. Young guys aren't getting better, and UW has no one signed for next season. Hop seems to be going all in on 2021, which is a dangerous gamble.
Isn’t Banchero likely to choose Washington?

Hop will come back home and run the east coast in recruiting.
That’s what I’m saying. He has 25 years of East Coast recruiting connections that he’s developed and nurtured, and these coaches on the high school and AAU level in the Boston to DMV Northeast corridor love him and trust him with their players (many trust JB too, but they know he’s likely sailing off into the sunset in a few years). That trust takes years to build.

Who knows?

What are the alternatives? When we see the list of who is available, interested and affordable we'll see where Hop ranks on that list (if he is even interested).

the syracuse job? conservatively 200 applicants? 275?

I love Hop he was a great Orangeman and a terrific member of the staff but the hero worship on this board is hard to take at times. When he got Stewart it almost felt like some on this board felt like they won a silver medal. The only team I root for is syracuse.

Who knows?

Give me Anthony Grant....

I love Hop he was a great Orangeman and a terrific member of the staff but the hero worship on this board is hard to take at times. When he got Stewart it almost felt like some on this board felt like they won a silver medal. The only team I root for is syracuse.
It’s the “back up Quarterback “ syndrome. He’s always a fan favorite when they perceive the starter isn’t playing as well as they wished he would. These fans see in him unfettered promise ... until he gets on the field and shows just why he didn’t have the starting job.

the syracuse job? conservatively 200 applicants? 275?
Are you planning to apply too?

We’ll see how this plays out.

But the SU job after JB will be a lot less attractive than some fans think it is. Think about it. All you have to do is do as well or better than Boeheim did.

Why take the risk? There will be jobs with less daunting challenges than this one that become available.

Are you planning to apply too?

We’ll see how this plays out.

But the SU job after JB will be a lot less attractive than some fans think it is. Think about it. All you have to do is do as well or better than Boeheim did.

Why take the risk? There will be jobs with less daunting challenges than this one that become available.

By this logic why would anyone want to be a CEO of anything...

By this logic why would anyone want to be a CEO of anything...
That’s somewhat different. They do get people to takeover moribund or even failing enterprises like current-day Sears or Macy’s. But everyone understands the difficulty of the task and the probability of success. These guys careers aren’t damaged by these experiences. And they usually get a tremendous compensation package to somewhat offset the risk.

Not so with coaches that come in and things go South from where they were regardless of the reasons. Consider Patrick Ewing at Georgetown, who pined for an NBA head coaching job for many years. If he can’t turn GU around, what do you think his chances are for an NBA job with a failure on his resume. (Georgetown is once again on the bottom of the BE standings and had 4 players quit the team and transfer.)

That’s somewhat different. They do get people to takeover moribund or even failing enterprises like current-day Sears or Macy’s. But everyone understands the difficulty of the task and the probability of success. These guys careers aren’t damaged by these experiences. And they usually get a tremendous compensation package to somewhat offset the risk.

Not so with coaches that come in and things go South from where they were regardless of the reasons. Consider Patrick Ewing at Georgetown, who pined for an NBA head coaching job for many years. If he can’t turn GU around, what do you think his chances are for an NBA job with a failure on his resume. (Georgetown is once again on the bottom of the BE standings and had 4 players quit the team and transfer.)

Except I'd argue Syracuse is more of a Disney than Sear's or Macy's...Some cyclical up and down, but long term still has value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom