Hopefully many of you will take at least a 24 hour self imposed vacation. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hopefully many of you will take at least a 24 hour self imposed vacation.

I would really like a pure 3 point shooter and a tough PF next year ... add that to Starling PG, Bell SF, Brown C and I think we are golden ...

Your getting two frosh that can fit that bill (for the most part). What SU really needs is a point guard and an actual Center. If Bell leaves then definitely a combo forward as well.

Sometimes it’s addition by subtraction. Clear chemistry issues all year. Benny wasn’t the only one. The fact that JT started all year just because he practiced hard says it all. Guys need to buy in. Many haven’t and we shouldn’t be upset if they leave.

Exactly you think Red doesn't understand Taylor doesn't give us anything but still starts him that should tell you what Red thinks of all the other players and how they are buying into the system.

We have too many players that think they are the system

Again is anyone really surprised? SU Played great offensively the first two games and still had to hold on for dear life at the end to win. This team isn't beating anyone with a pulse three times in one year. Tonights result was beyond predictable.
Yes losing by 20 to a team we beat twice is surprising. That seems pretty obvious.

I think Chance can really help us. He’s a better Copeland without all the turnovers. Good defensively and a great passer. Hopefully, he’s healthy, which is a big if. Moore and Freeman are better than most of the current roster. There can’t be any mistakes in the portal. The off season is going to be as interesting as the football off season. Too much dead weight on the current roster.

Exactly you think Red doesn't understand Taylor doesn't give us anything but still starts him should tell you what Red thinks of all the other players and how they are buying into the system.

We have too many players that think they are the system
Precisely. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more roster cleansing than mentioned for this exact reason.

FWIW, the school that Judah picked us over (DePaul) the last two seasons has gone 10-23 and 3-28. He's done his job to a degree and kept us out of the basement, but we didn't beat out elite teams for the kid.

I thought Judah originally committed to Pitt?

Yes losing by 20 to a team we beat twice is surprising. That seems pretty obvious.

With this years team, coming off the game that ended any realistic tourney chances? I disagree.

Yep, originally...Pitt that year was 11-21, another powerhouse, then he de-commited and we beat out DePaul.

Point is...we all overrated Mintz. It was understandable. We wanted to game changer
Yet he’s a 2nd team All ACC player. Not bad for a DePaul flip

Your getting two frosh that can fit that bill (for the most part). What SU really needs is a point guard and an actual Center. If Bell leaves then definitely a combo forward as well.
We need an upgrade at forward regardless. Bell is a nice bench guy. But that’s all he is if we have any aspirations.

We need an upgrade at forward regardless. Bell is a nice bench guy. But that’s all he is if we have any aspirations.

Freeman will help there and Westry can play the 3. Another forward wouldn't be the worst thing though.

Is there a question somewhere, of course we would hold play. Tonight I say f the NIT , but by Saturday I ll be happy to have another game to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom