Hopefully SU is watching the NIT results tonight... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hopefully SU is watching the NIT results tonight...

Hard to get motivated for these games when you had bigger goals. You could see that Indiana did not want to be there last night and it translated into the result we saw.

They're worthless. Enjoy another decade of mediocrity Hoosiers. You're not even an after-thought.

No more man kisses for you buddy

crean.png

Well my NIT Bracket is busted.

How on earth was Georgia Tech a 6 seed and Clemson a 2? Something doesnt seem right about that

I will give Georgia Tech fans credit. I watched a bit of that game last night. They were nearly as loud, or as loud, as they were when we played them. We have seen arrogant self absorbed crowds such as Duke, but I have never seen a crowd fluster a player as much as they did with Gillon,

A big part of rebuilding a program is creating fan interest and seemigly they have done it.

In comparison watched a few minutes of the Cal game and I really doubt there was a 1,000 people there.

Last edited:
They're worthless. Enjoy another decade of mediocrity Hoosiers. You're not even an after-thought.

Their fans still think they're one of the best programs in the country. I disagree.

Indiana cared so little, that they refused to play the game at home because it would "devalue" Assembly Hall. What is more devaluing? Playing an NIT game there or have a 28-66 record from 2008 to 2010?

http://deadspin.com/indianas-season-ends-quietly-after-dumb-nit-stadium-con-1793283796

I think the fans that think Syracuse is too big for the NIT need to reflect a little on this. Talking poorly about the NIT reflects worse on those doing it than it does on the NIT.

In spite of Crean's efforts to destroy the program, Indiana is still at least on par with Syracuse to the "average fan" - and are actually probably still the bigger "brand".

Suck it up and play the game - nobody that goes 18-14 is "too big" for the NIT, you don't get bonus points because Carmelo Anthony used to wear the same jersey

Last edited:
I think the fans that think Syracuse is too big for the NIT need to reflect a little on this. Talking poorly about the NIT reflects worse on those doing it than it does on the NIT.

In spite of Crean's efforts to destroy the program, Indiana is still at least on par with Syracuse to the "average fan" - and are actually probably still the bigger "brand".

Suck it up and play the game - nobody that goes 18-14 is "too big" for the NIT, you don't get bonus points because Carmelo Anthony used to wear the same jersey

We've been the better program for a solid 20 years or so.

The NIT is always a disappointment for the major programs. We drew 27,000 once for an NIT game though. We aren't the ones moving our games from the Carrier Dome because we're "too big" for the NIT.

Well my NIT Bracket is busted.

How on earth was Georgia Tech a 6 seed and Clemson a 2? Something doesnt seem right about that

There really is no reason for it other than advanced metrics being much better because they lost every game at the very end. GT had the same overall record, better conference record, and didn't lay an egg at the end of every close game. The NIT seedings are never seem to make much sense though ... seems like a lot of it is just picking the match ups and arenas they want after the 1 seeds being locked in by the "Last 4 out" rule.

So true...could not agree more!!