Hopkins Game... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Game...

I love Cook but he has to get out of there, he doesn't add anything at this point. Buttermore should be out there for him playing up top.

Or move Dord up top and have Buttermore replace him on the 1st line.

Interesting stat that all of the orange’s 6 caused turnovers were from offensive players.

Or move Dord up top and have Buttermore replace him on the 1st line.

Interesting stat that all of the orange’s 6 caused turnovers were from offensive players.

Cook is leading an outstanding riding unit. Those guys are relentless. We just gotta get him going offensively. I only was referring to Cook on the man up unit, no need for any changes to the starting 6.

I love Cook but he has to get out of there, he doesn't add anything at this point. Buttermore should be out there for him playing up top.
Agreed. If I had it my way Dordevic and cook are replaced by Lipka and buttermore and we just minic the exact same sets we were doing let year when we were batting .500. Seems like we are trying some new sets/rotations this year and it’s just not clicking at all.

Cook is leading an outstanding riding unit. Those guys are relentless. We just gotta get him going offensively. I only was referring to Cook on the man up unit, no need for any changes to the starting 6.

Oh I see; yeah he is very valuable on those rides.

Others have already commented on sloppy play/turnovers, and man up offense but the penalties are going to burn them if they keep giving teams 5 or 6 man up opportunities a game. I think that was one of the few things Hopkins had going for them coming into this game and the boys held them to 1-6. Unfortunately that's not going to happen against better offenses.

A couple thoughts perusing the box score;
  1. 17 turnovers - yikes!
  2. Rehfuss didn't take a single shot, but had 7 assists. Team player. Love him.
  3. Good job on FO's.
  4. The Drake was killer today.
  5. 3-5 on EMO - good to see.
  6. Always good to beat Hop.
Great win. On to the Girl's.

A couple thoughts perusing the box score;
  1. 17 turnovers - yikes!
  2. Rehfuss didn't take a single shot, but had 7 assists. Team player. Love him.
  3. Good job on FO's.
  4. The Drake was killer today.
  5. 3-5 on EMO - good to see.
  6. Always good to beat Hop.
Great win. On to the Girl's.

Pretty sure that 3-5 EMO # is wrong

never seen as much negative stuff after a good win. a lot of those turnovers were smart JHU deflections of long across field passes. I think a big lead led to risky passes. Also, the lack of tension in a big lead game often leads to carelessness. I'm not that concerned. I saw much too much positive stuff to dwell on the negative. Aviles continues to impress me all over the field. I am also impressed with the defense which missed two very fine players. Good job all around. And oh, Porter.

Pretty sure that 3-5 EMO # is wrong
Official stats have Curry at 10:16 in the 2nd, Scanlan at 11:16 in the 4th, and Dordo at 1:11 in the 4th with man-up goals.

A few thoughts after going back and watching the parts I missed yesterday.
Nice job by Varello coming in an winning draws again, he's been a nice 2nd FOGO this season.
I wouldn't mind the amount of turnovers if it was because they were playing faster and pushing he tempo, but most that I saw were bad passes and carelessness.
Defense was good enough, Porter was great again. Most of Hopkins goals were an invert behind, hit a guy open on the crease so they still need to work on that. Gonna face much better offenses down the road.
Anyone who was worried about Chase after the Army game can relax.

I wouldn't mind the amount of turnovers if it was because they were playing faster and pushing he tempo, but most that I saw were bad passes and carelessness.
bullseye. some of those passes were like 4 feet over the intended recipient and OOB ! stoooopppiiid.

( BTW fran drescher wants her robe back.)

Official stats have Curry at 10:16 in the 2nd, Scanlan at 11:16 in the 4th, and Dordo at 1:11 in the 4th with man-up goals.

Yeah I believe they were actually 3-5 but a couple of those were goofy. The Scanlan one was on an empty net and the Dordevic one was when they were trying to pressure the ball while down a man and he was left wide open with the goalie barely in the goal. Only the Curry man up goal was strait up with that give and go play with Rehfuss.

Yeah I believe they were actually 3-5 but a couple of those were goofy. The Scanlan one was on an empty net and the Dordevic one was when they were trying to pressure the ball while down a man and he was left wide open with the goalie barely in the goal. Only the Curry man up goal was strait up with that give and go play with Rehfuss.

Yup your 100% right. We also had 3 or 4 possessions on that 2 man unreleasable and we looked lost. That unit really needs to be worked on this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom