Houston Events | Syracusefan.com

Houston Events

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Could we have a thread about FF events, gathering spots, etc. - and pin it like we did for Atlanta?

Could we have a thread about FF events, gathering spots, etc. - and pin it like we did for Atlanta?

After open practice tomorrow, there is a three hour SU event at NRG that includes performances by the cheerleaders and band. Texas bbq and drink served. $65/adult.

Edit: This is actually before the game on Saturday.

Last edited:
After open practice tomorrow, there is a three hour SU event at NRG that includes performances by the cheerleaders and band. Texas bbq and drink served. $65/adult.
I believe this is Saturday before the game? Unless you are talking about something else?

Does anyone have any other events, especially Saturday from 12p-gametime? This is also my first Final Four in person so I have no idea what to expect in the area before the game... Any advice would be awesome!

How do you get tickets for this?

Edit: This is actually before the game on Saturday.

How do you get tickets for this?

edit: sorry, had to remove the link as it appears that it directed to my personal account.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any other events, especially Saturday from 12p-gametime? This is also my first Final Four in person so I have no idea what to expect in the area before the game... Any advice would be awesome!
If this is your first final four I would suggest getting downtown for the festivities as well as spend time at the team hotel. The bar at the team hotel is always a good time. Also follow some Cuse stuff on social media to find out about other Cuse specific things going on around town. ENJOY you're going to have a blast !!!

If this is your first final four I would suggest getting downtown for the festivities as well as spend time at the team hotel. The bar at the team hotel is always a good time. Also follow some Cuse stuff on social media to find out about other Cuse specific things going on around town. ENJOY you're going to have a blast !!!

Thanks! I won't be there Friday night, unfortunately, but I'm guessing the bar at the team hotel if we win Saturday night and possibly Sunday night will be a good time?

Thanks! I won't be there Friday night, unfortunately, but I'm guessing the bar at the team hotel if we win Saturday night and possibly Sunday night will be a good time?
Yes WHEN we win it will still continue to be a great party. Tavel safe Enjoy!

What is the address of the team hotel? And for those of us driving a distance, can someone please explain the deal with parking? Is this something we're supposed to reserve online? I know these are easy answers for some of yout. Thanks in advance. (also, there are some other good unanswered questions here)

Another question... I know I cant be the only one, so even if you dont like me, please answer for others. For those of us staying closer to the airport, if we have rental cars but wish to join in the festivities(preferably being able to drink), what do you suggest? I really would like to celebrate just being there, and even more so with a win. I'm riding solo, so I can't just pay someone to be the designated driver. But should I buy the $35 prepaid parking and wait to see what kind of answers I get?

Also, is the prepaid parking unlikely to run out? Is there any hurry? Do I need access to a printer or can I wait and do it later?

Even if just ONE reader has some magic idea on how to manage the aforementioned situation, I'd be very grateful. If for any reason someone would prefer to PM me, feel free to do that too.

Also, is there any certain lot the Cuse fans are tailgaiting at all in? Again, I can't be the only one wondering these things and I'm sure many folks, maybe including lurkers, would be grateful. More than one person can answer too! Thanks in advance!!

Ce6GVhpVIAAdm2R.jpg

John Calipari and Tom Crean autograph sessions today! I know that's where all y'all will be.

http://www.ncaa.com/marchmadness/musicfest

This starts today but these are free concerts for all. Some pretty well known artists performing.

EDIT: I forgot about Fan Fest. Lot's of fun stuff to do including autograph sessions with Hall of Famers as well as Scoop Jardine.

http://www.ncaa.com/final-four/fan-fest-daily-event-schedule

Fanfest is must-do for kids. My son and I just spent three hours there. All kinds of sports stuff going on.

NABC is at Hilton. So far, we've seen Calipri, Thompson and JT3,, Few and Charles Barkley.

Another question... I know I cant be the only one, so even if you dont like me, please answer for others. For those of us staying closer to the airport, if we have rental cars but wish to join in the festivities(preferably being able to drink), what do you suggest? I really would like to celebrate just being there, and even more so with a win. I'm riding solo, so I can't just pay someone to be the designated driver. But should I buy the $35 prepaid parking and wait to see what kind of answers I get?

Also, is the prepaid parking unlikely to run out? Is there any hurry? Do I need access to a printer or can I wait and do it later?

Even if just ONE reader has some magic idea on how to manage the aforementioned situation, I'd be very grateful. If for any reason someone would prefer to PM me, feel free to do that too.

Also, is there any certain lot the Cuse fans are tailgaiting at all in? Again, I can't be the only one wondering these things and I'm sure many folks, maybe including lurkers, would be grateful. More than one person can answer too! Thanks in advance!!

OK - parking is $35 from that prepaid link. I think you must have it. You do not need a printer as long as you have a smart phone. It sends you one of those square bar code things that they can scan from your phone. I am not sure if they will run out of parking. I suspect not, but I bought the prepaid thing anyway.

You may want to consider just getting a cab though. If you are near the airport (which one?). It may cost you $100 each way to the stadium, but that is maybe a wash with paying for a rental car plus you have no parking cost. You can get between the stadium and the events downtown via the metrorail, but it does not run to the area where the team hotel is.

What is the address of the team hotel? And for those of us driving a distance, can someone please explain the deal with parking? Is this something we're supposed to reserve online? I know these are easy answers for some of yout. Thanks in advance. (also, there are some other good unanswered questions here)

Check your PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom