Houston / Saturday 9:55 PM TBS at Hinkle | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Houston / Saturday 9:55 PM TBS at Hinkle

Weird. Has anyone explained the rationale?
My guess is multiple games fit TV on Sat/Sun. But when you only have two games left, they can easily schedule them on a weeknight and maximize eyeballs.

Last edited:
How close we were to having the 8, 10, 11, and 12 seeds in the Midwest region get through to the Sweet 16 .

My guess is multiple games fit TV on Sat/Sun. But when you only have two games left, Gary can easily schedule them on a weeknight and maximize eyeballs.
Agree.

The answer to every question is tv contracts, something, something, masters, tv contracts.

Nothing else matters.

Agree.

The answer to every question is tv contracts, something, something, masters, tv contracts.

Nothing else matters.
Who the hell is “Gary”? What the heck was I trying to say?

The basket looks wide from 25 feet at Hinkle......Buddy and Joe show as Houston watches the Syracuse shoot around.

Also wouldn’t Houston and Syracuse be the earlier game because of seeding? Seems like the other two teams should be playing in the late hours. I can’t say enough how much I hate the times and days this year I’m guessing covid but this has been the worst for times and days that I’ve seen

Brian Anderson / Jim Jackson / Allie LaForce

NCAA7.jpg

So gross. Why didn’t they give us the 7:25 time slot and Kevin Harlan?
Makes no sense why a team from Oregon isn’t playing late when their fanbase willnbe wide awake rather than watching their team at 11:40 in the morning.

CBS must want as much Sister Jean as they can get.

Spanarkel must have finally passed the Covid protocols to get into the bubble as he was off this week.

I like Grant Hill and Raftery split apart gives the games more breathing room. Raftery was awesome these 2 games.

That’s so so late and this Saturday monday crap I hate the scheduling this year the tourney has

Why?

THe Sweet 16 on the weekend means they can put all 4 games on at their own times. Nothing overlaps. The normal format there are 2 on at a time Thurs/Fri evenings. And then Sat/Sun you only have 2 games all day.

This makes perfect sense for TV.

What doesn't make sense is why we aren't flipped with Oral-Arkansas. That is the obvious game to put at 9:55.

This blows. Do they want young kids to become fans?

Yea, this definitely makes it tough. My oldest (7, will be 8 in a few months) asked if he could watch the SDSU game and I said it was way too late for him. He'd likely have fallen asleep before it started, had I let him stay up. And now we get an even later start. I'm happy we're still alive, so I won't complain too much. But I agree with your point - it makes it difficult to get young kids involved and turn them into fans. And these are exactly the types of games that do. This isn't BC on the road at 9 p.m. on a random Tuesday night.

Yea, this definitely makes it tough. My oldest (7, will be 8 in a few months) asked if he could watch the SDSU game and I said it was way too late for him. He'd likely have fallen asleep before it started, had I let him stay up. And now we get an even later start. I'm happy we're still alive, so I won't complain too much. But I agree with your point - it makes it difficult to get young kids involved and turn them into fans. And these are exactly the types of games that do. This isn't BC on the road at 9 p.m. on a random Tuesday night.
Can you let him stay up, and record the game because he will fall asleep besides his best efforts? Of course, if we lose (slap my mouth!) he probably won’t want to watch it.

Why?

THe Sweet 16 on the weekend means they can put all 4 games on at their own times. Nothing overlaps. The normal format there are 2 on at a time Thurs/Fri evenings. And then Sat/Sun you only have 2 games all day.

This makes perfect sense for TV.

What doesn't make sense is why we aren't flipped with Oral-Arkansas. That is the obvious game to put at 9:55.
The east coast audience would not stay up to watch the Oral/Arkysaw game,

Can you let him stay up, and record the game because he will fall asleep besides his best efforts? Of course, if we lose (slap my mouth!) he probably won’t want to watch it.

I can certainly record the game. Part of it is - he just wants to stay up past his bedtime. The other part is, he filled out a bracket and is starting to watch the games a little bit here & there. Maybe I'll cave if he bugs me, but my wife will probably have the final say. She always does!

Then again, my foul language will have to be contained, which is easier said than done. ;)

Let him stay up. If he falls asleep, so be it. Some of the coolest memories I have as a kid are being able to stay up late and watch sports when i was "supposed to be sleeping"

Let him stay up. If he falls asleep, so be it. Some of the coolest memories I have as a kid are being able to stay up late and watch sports when i was "supposed to be sleeping"

My dad let me stay up to watch the Rangers in Game 7 of the 1994 Stanley Cup. It's a memory I will never ever forget, including him waking me up with a minute left in the game to watch the end, because I had fallen asleep after the second period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom