8-4 would be good shape
I know we could go 3-9 or 9-3 too

But I ranked Into three groups:

One) Must win-
1.gtech 4th
2.wake 5th
3.@gtech 6th
4.@ncstate 7th

2nd group )Need 3 of 4 and 0 for hardest 4 to still get 7 more wins and get to 10-8
5.@pitt 8th
6.@clemson 9th
7.uva 10th
8.lville 11th?

Third group (steal 1?)
9.duke11?
10.Fsu 11?
11.@ndame 11?
12.@lville 11?

Best I see is 6-6 the rest of the way. Think we'll be there or maybe at 5 wins. Don't see us doing worse than 5 wins the rest of the way.

Good news is that is a winning season. that is the BEST you can hope for at this point. Anything above a .500 record is gravy.

I will be thrilled if we keep our winning record streak going. It will not be easy. If we do, I'll feel like a heel wrestler who kept their title by being counted out. Relieved, knowing we dodged a bullet, but feeling no shame. Keep the streak going!

Good news is that is a winning season. that is the BEST you can hope for at this point. Anything above a .500 record is gravy.

I see it like this. Two out of the first group posted up there I think is easy, two out of the second group is possible, and we'll get that 1 What win. That's 5, steal one more and we're at .500 in the ACC, not in the tourney but a solid showing for the lost season.

Probably won't win any in the ACC tournament though.

I will be thrilled if we keep our winning record streak going. It will not be easy. If we do, I'll feel like a heel wrestler who kept their title by being counted out. Relieved, knowing we dodged a bullet, but feeling no shame. Keep the streak going!

Maybe Bernie Fine comes out of the crowd and hits Coach K with a chair and we get a DQ, way more exciting than a count out.

6-6 is the magic 17 that continues the streak. obviously we'll need more to get to the Big Dance and that will also depend on who we beat. We've got to take down some ranked teams and be hot at the end. Of course, if we could make a run in the ACCT, that would help a lot.

Maybe Bernie Fine comes out of the crowd and hits Coach K with a chair and we get a DQ, way more exciting than a count out.

Yes! Good point. The intentional DQ to save the title is always a classic too. I don't even care. Nutshots, chair shots, brass knuckles pulled out of the tights...whatever it takes. This season is shot, I want that winning streak maintained at all costs.

The Notre Dame game is a must win game, just to make things interesting. At 11-9. the season is over.

Keep the streak going!
for one more year anyway until the bottom falls out. We've always said "just wait till next year" but this is not what we meant.

If we lose the Nd game, we are 11-9.

Ahh sorry I was still thinking ACC terms... but I posted that I don't believe we had much of any shot these 2 games, but may win the next 5 so I don't think it's over losing to ND. We still are mediocre to suck but still could be top 68.

Ahh sorry I was still thinking ACC terms... but I posted that I don't believe we had much of any shot these 2 games, but may win the next 5 so I don't think it's over losing to ND. We still are mediocre to suck but still could be top 68.

The problem is our resume is so bad, even at 16-9 we would still be in a bad position.

The problem is our resume is so bad, even at 16-9 we would still be in a bad position.

16-9 8-4 would be be in pretty good shape... not saying it will happen but I almost think it's more possible than beating ND on the road. I gave @UNC about 7% chance (Vegas had us around 12:1 and that sounded about right). I give @ND about 10%-15% chance because they won't physically crush us on the boards but they are just as good.

We need to go 11-7 and win 2-3 conf tourney games with how bad our OOC is. That looks way more probible if we go on a run after ND but who knows maybe we pull off the big upset.

Last edited:

Where do you get this stuff from? If we somehow won 5 in a row(I don't think we will), that would include 3 wins over top 15 teams. That's not a good resume?

Where do you get this stuff from? If we somehow won 5 in a row(I don't think we will), that would include 3 wins over top 15 teams. That's not a good resume?

First of all if we went 4-1 over that stretch I would be on cloud 9, 3-2 would be really good, but lets say by some miracle we are 5-0, that would include some good wins, we would still have 9 losses, 3 or 4 bad losses, with two games left against lville, a game at Pitt, and Duke, still would have a lot of work to do.

First of all if we went 4-1 over that stretch I would be on cloud 9, 3-2 would be really good, but lets say by some miracle we are 5-0, that would include some good wins, we would still have 9 losses, 3 or 4 bad losses, with two games left against lville, a game at Pitt, and Duke, still would have a lot of work to do.

Some good wins? That would be wins at Notre Dame, against FSU and against Virginia. We would then be 8-3 in the ACC. Obviously we would need to keep winning, but if we are 8-3 in the ACC I'd be a lot more confident how we finish the season and we would be in really good position, meaning I think we would only need to go .500 the rest of the way to get in the tournament. You stated we would be in bad position, which I just don't agree with. I don't think we go 5-0, but I just thought that was a crazy statement.

Goal #1 for me is getting 4 more wins this year. It's not big of a goal, but getting the "1000" will be eliminated as a factor from any decision to retain JB. I am not saying JB should be let go, but I want whatever decision be made not be based on that milestone. Getting 1000, will also be something to celebrate regarding our program and JB. Regardless of whether some think he is a bit out of touch or stubborn now, he has been a tremendous success overall and deserves some celebration (even if muted a bit by the NCAA)

Based on how we have played I am not that worried about accomplishing it, but still need the team to deliver.

I've flipped a mental switch in my brain (similar to what I do most football seasons around late October) where I'm only watching now for the love of the game and the love of my team. It's just too stressful to me to obsess over our dismal tourney prospects.

The kids have been playing hard lately...that is great to see. I think 6-6 is likely but I have a good feeling about the ACC tournament since it's in NYC..I think we make a nice little run there to the semi's.

7-5 my view
8-4 would be good shape
I know we could go 3-9 or 9-3 too

But I ranked Into three groups:

One) Must win-
1.gtech 4th
2.wake 5th
3.@gtech 6th
4.@ncstate 7th

2nd group )Need 3 of 4 and 0 for hardest 4 to still get 7 more wins and get to 10-8
5.@pitt 8th
6.@clemson 9th
7.uva 10th
8.lville 11th?

Third group (steal 1?)
9.duke11?
10.Fsu 11?
11.@ndame 11?
12.@lville 11?

I only see 4 or 5 wins in that list, and that's being a bit optimistic about getting the 5th one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom