How awful was Jim Nance? | Syracusefan.com

How awful was Jim Nance?

Find him far less annoying since Phil Simms' benching but I hear you.
Between him & the studio guys is there anyone else they can bring in who hasn't watched/done any games Nov-Feb?

CBS should be ashamed of itself. It gets a little worse every year as more guys who don't pay attention are calling and analyzing these games. The halftime show is EMBARRASSING to watch, we all know it so I don't need to get into details. Nance was bad. Grant sounded like an old man telling people to get off his lawn in terms of his basketball points of view. And, sadly, Raf was pretty bad, too.

I thought Jim Nance was a pretty decent RB.

1968+Topps+-+072+-+Jim+Nance.jpg

Here's your problem . . . he didn't go to Newhouse!
The best sports announcers have always come out of S.I. Newhouse (partial listing): Bob Costas '74, Sean McDonough '84, Mike Tirico '88, Marv Albert '63, Len Berman '68, G'7o, Marty Glickman '39 (now deceased), Hank Greenwald '57, lan Eagle '90, Dave Pasch '94, Andy Musser '59,

Nance is turrible.

In studio I don't know if those guys even watch the games. After the game one of them said syracuse plays 3 guards and one had to play the back of the zone. Duke just picked what side they were on and threw over them.

Great at calling golf - absolutely mediocre in everything else he does.

And that third guard Kenny Smith thought we were playing.
That was hilarious. Do Oshae or Marek look like guards? Must've been Chewy. Did you even watch this or any other Syracuse game, Kenny?

Well, in the first place it's "Nantz" (ironic, huh? :) ) and yes he's been doddering and babbling quite a bit over the last few years. Seems like he's always looking around for his plane ticket to Augusta. At least we didn't have to listen to Billy "Why aren't these coaches listening to me?" Packer.

Last edited:
That was hilarious. Do Oshae or Marek look like guards? Must've been Chewy. Did you even watch this or any other Syracuse game, Kenny?

You must mean Terry Cooney? ;)

Can't stand Nantz. If he's doing game, the mute button gets hit.

CBS should be ashamed of itself. It gets a little worse every year as more guys who don't pay attention are calling and analyzing these games. The halftime show is EMBARRASSING to watch, we all know it so I don't need to get into details. Nance was bad. Grant sounded like an old man telling people to get off his lawn in terms of his basketball points of view. And, sadly, Raf was pretty bad, too.
Oh come on, Raf is the best! Hill and Nantz were fine, but not my favorite. A few years ago, the plan was to have Raf and Nantz as the A team along with Greg Anthony, who I really like. But Anthony got suspended from NCAA tourney coverage after he got arrested for soliciting a prostitute. Oops.

I thought Jim Nance was a pretty decent RB.

1968+Topps+-+072+-+Jim+Nance.jpg
Can somebody put a photo of Big Jim in his Syracuse uni? I am technically challenged. A great Orangeman and I think an NCAA champ as Cuse wrestler.

He clearly didnt give two craps. I wonder if anyone even corrected him which I doubt and is even more inexcusable. ITS ...YOUR...JOB

At halftime of the first game, the studio analysts were moving pies affiliated with the sweet 16 teams on to the next round.

Charles likes pecan. Clark Kellogg is a coconut cream man. Riveting analysis.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom